Kojinsa Arimasu - Ch. 1 - Isomerization

Well, you certainly have my attention. The government refusing to inform the public of the cause of isomerization is a little irksome though.

Group Leader
I really wanted people to pick this up so I tried my best, sorry for the scuffed translations

Fed-Kun's army
Mh let's see where this goes, hope it doesn't follow all the other genderswap. However to me seems like their relationship it's not loveless (like the description say) but sexless, she seem to really care about him.

Dex-chan lover
Man. Incredible respect to everyone involved with letting me see this. Thank you for the translation.

And I'm thankful to the mangaka for managing to hit a certain medium I almost never see. Most genderswap works are usually either almost wholly comedic in tone if not outright bawdy, cheesy romance, or they're a deadly serious affair.

This comes closest to the latter, but I really respect the restraint and nuance. The story is happy to let the conflict grow organically without having to force it and it keeps it somewhat understated. It's weirdly easy to envision this story happening in reality somehow, aside from the almost impossible event.
On the note of realism, one of the things that jumped out at me most is how the protagonist was "realistically" sexist. As in, rather than some nearly cartoonish display of a woman-hater or someone outright bitter towards women, he just simply does not understand why women get "special treatment" and quietly resents it. That is so many guys before they someday (hopefully) understand why special accommodations can sometimes be necessary for women, such as maternity leave.

My favorite part has to be his wife. It could've been an ass-pull for her to suddenly seem so nice but I really got the sense for a long time now she's just as much wanted to connect with him but couldn't find the words. Not a loveless marriage, just a sexless one with long-cold embers of passion. But the love really is there and... yeah, that's how people often are in reality, in a complicated way that can be hard to convey in fiction. There can be a huge disparity between how one acts, how one doesn't act and how one feels.

I'll be watching this one with great interest. Again, thanks for the translation.

EDIT: Also want to point out that page 42 pretty much acknowledges trans people exist, without necessarily making it the point of the story. I can't remember the last time I saw a non-comedic TS manga do that. This is a strikingly mature story.

Group Leader
@MidnighTea Exactly. I previewed the manga on the raws, and I immediately noticed how different it was compared to other gender-benders. Hopefully people start picking this up so more chapters can be released.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for picking up this manga. I already bookmarked this since forever. One more time, thank you

Double-page supporter
I don't like being unsure about page 2 (pages 2–3)...

Double-page supporter
Oh wow this is interesting... And somewhat feel realistic.. (unlike other genderswap manga)... But wow... If those things happen when you already have a child how could you explain it...(?) And if that's really a top secret, why are they (the doctor and officials) treating it as if it's normal (?) And not giving the patient more "privilege"

i understand and appreciate the grounded tone, but these dry ass jokes are making me laugh way more than they should

reu

Dex-chan lover
wierd that they never explained why they dont have kids?
Is one of them barren or is just some wierd cultural stuff

Users who are viewing this thread