Kokoro Kimiiro Sakurairo - Vol. 3 Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
So Koharu is in her own world ever since she was little, if Yousuke doesnt wake her up after all the years and this final wake-up call, she's gone for good.

Poor dude, slogging along for so many years, even if it's by choice. Has to be painful.

This is so precious ahsjsksksksn. He's leaving for her own growth as well as his own. Bring on the hopefully positive angst ig she's no clue how it's going to hit her right in the feels she's been ignoring

Group Leader
My taste for childhood-friends-turned-lovers stories, which unto now has been my favorite genre, has been soured by the recent developments going on in Koi inu and, perhaps for only the 2nd time, I am on the fence as to whether I want the two leads to end up together or not. I'm leaning toward wanting Yousuke to move away without even telling Koharu and never, ever, ever seeing or communicating with her again. It would be good for him to finally be able to remove the Albatross around his neck that is his unrequited love for a girl who would rather ignore him than give him the time of day. Whether or not it would be good for her, I really don't give two shits. Yousuke has been upfront and honest with her from the get-go and he deserves to be with someone who can love him for who he is, not someone who's too fucking blind to see what she's got until it's gone.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
@hitsuzenwatcher more like he stopped giving a fuck about this girl who was giving him the cold shoulder for 10+ years.

And what a great ending that would be. But it's not that kind of manga. They'll both realize their ~true feelings~ and he either won't go, or they'll make some kind of "promise" to meet up later. Roll credits.

Group Leader
That's a nice backstory. Should be a lesson that things change with time and that people should know when to give up rather than chase something which will never bear fruit.

I'm okay with both the leads getting together since I don't want to see a sad end, but I'm sure the ending will be further reinforced if Koharu realizes this time and for the first time, Yousuke doesn't initiate the confession.

@BCS: She never gave him the cold shoulder though? She's among those closest to him and has been a good friend, just didn't reciprocate to his very vocal pining (which isn't a crime, considering she isn't entirely conscious of her feelings =/= unrequited).

@FredFriendly: Similarly, calling her an "albatross around his neck" is a gross disservice to the friendship spanning practically all their lives. And just because she's not jumping into his arms at his blunt pace?

Group Leader
@hitsuzenwatcher Please do not try manipulate what I say and twist it around to imply I said and/or meant something else. Contrary to what you want to believe, I never called Koharu an albatross around Yousuke's neck.

Double-page supporter
@BCS yea it would be intersting if the series ended in that sense but alas, doesn't seem like that's gonna be the case. Though I only agree with that because I'm not really feeling this couple tbh

he definitely "likes" her before but now he's in love with her but he isn't confident that she likes him back.. that's how I interpreted this "backstory"

Dex-chan lover
@hitsuzenwatcher I don't know what your definition of "cold shoulder" is but she's been shrugging off Yousuke's confessions and blatant love ever since they were children. If that isnt the biggest cold shoulder ever i don't know what is. What got people pissed is that if someone shows that much love to you for years, you at one point question your own feelings in the matter. But Koharu? She thinks its natural for Yousuke to be by her side confessing everyday, while she's going "okay, sure this again", FOR YEARS. And she doesnt even begin to question it until he goes away and someone tells her.

Not everyone develops romantic feelings early, so, in that regard, Koharu is still fine. The problem is what previous comments are complaining about: her wishy-washy attitude to someone who has been clear/pursuing her for years - which resulted in everything being taken as granted...
Unrequited love used to be a huge tag in shoujo, so I've already seen it develop in way too many differents ways, and this one is still quite tame. The hate would not exist if she had any stance on the matter, other than being 100% passive (the point everyone hates on her). In short, it is not her 'cold shoulder' that is a problem.
From this point onwards, the author could pick any route and people would still have conflicting opinions. Whatever Yousuke chooses, I'd just wish for him to be happy... it's sad how rare it is nowadays to see a ML pursue someone without coming out as a creep you'd feel disgusted off, and, in my opinion, the pursuit itself is the strongest point in this manga.
I do miss good unrequited love stories, where one of the leads gradually makes the other fall in love. The circumstances and choices can be captivating!

@FredFriendly: Oh okay, got the nuace i previously missed (the "manupilate/twist/what you want to believe" accusations had me chuckle tho lmao, no one here has that kind of pseudo-evil vendetta afaik). Still, I wouldn't call his feelings an albatross around his neck, especially since I doubt he himself sees it that way. But to each their own interpretations, I suppose.

@ginongo: I looked it up (not being sarcastic, I really did check to see if I've been using the phrase wrong by any chance), and it does mean intentional unfriendlyness, which I don't really see from Koharu? I get that some folks want her to respond to his feelings faster but I wouldn't call her being unfriendly to him either.

Dex-chan lover
@hitsuzenwatcher The definition i looked up is unfriendliness as a result of deliberately ignoring someone which is what she is doing, as a result of this Yousuke has different thoughts about their future relationship. Anyways, i it's not that i want her to respond faster to Yousuke, it's that she doesnt even begin to think about the relationship that really annoys me. It's like she's a robot that only responds to external stimuli.

@Soulofkefka agreed i want Yousuke to be happy, no matter who he ends up with. He's really strong willed, to not have broken down earlier from this constantly unchanging situation. Now he's looking forward to the future and i hope that there's someone that walks with him, instead of weighing him down from trying to be better.

Users who are viewing this thread