Kokoro Kimiiro Sakurairo - Vol. 3 Ch. 37

:(( noo it ended TT well I'm so glad they got married, my babies also got back together <33

Thank you so much for translating this ^^

Group Leader
Well, that was a pretty shitty, ambiguous, open-to-the-imagination, fucking time-skip ending. Six years went by and Yousuke didn't marry some hot Italian girl? Yeah, right. And Koharu "waited" for Yousuke? Give me a break. Not once in 37 chapters, including the final one, did she ever show or express any romantic interest in him. Quite the contrary. Right to the very fucking end it was all completely one-sided.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating this! I think the ending was a bit lacking, and realistically going abroad for so long without basically any explanation doesn't seem very healthy for any relationship but oh well, it was a comfy read overall ^^

Group Leader
Thanks for scanlating this!

@FredFriendly You know, I actually don't disagree with you on too many of those points, but the way you worded it to be as crass as possible makes me laugh so hard. Never change my man.

Wow what a bad ending, srsly I expected it to be bad but not THAT bad. I think I set my expectations too high based on couple of last chapters. I 100% agree with @FredFriendly

Aw, I'm a bit disappointed it's ended (more than a bit rushed too, with the worst case of not communicating well ahsksk). Wish we got to know more about the rest of the respective families too, maybe in future extras?

On the other hand, it kinda fits the rest of the series: light, slice of life, and not taking itself too seriously. Thank you especially for the cliffhanger-dodging double update!

That was not the ending that I was expecting. Seemed a bit rushed. But, thank you for translating to completion- it is very much appreciated! 💗💗💗

Dex-chan lover
>Always publicly denies her love for Yousuke
>"Waited" for Yousuke for six years.

what is this ending

Alright, I take back what I said... chapter 36 was perfect as a transition to show how Yousuke decided to move on with his life, especifically without Koharu. But this ending, man! It is not about being rushed, but the fact the dude not only had not moved, but even ended up together with the girl...
I can think of Anagura Amelie (manga) as an example of good lead that decides to let go (after a lot of drama), and you could fully support his decision even if the partner claimed to like him. It should be easier to write an ending like that than force this "after you got tired of me not taking you seriously, and moved to Italy, I've realized my feelings and waited for years!" or "To show my sincerity, I've decide to live and die with only you in my heart, therefore, unmarried!". The latter is more a venting on badly written wuxias, but still, this ending is far from being satisfying, and felt forced - even if planned since the beginning, things do not fit well together, chapter 36 should explain it all.

Group Leader
The time skip was too much so it gives off the impression that it was rushed but it was a good ending still

Japanese mentality is hard for occidentals, that's for sure. I'm really tired of this convenient endings. Kinda rushed, kinda "méh".

For those who want to read something with a brave ending, try this one (completed, rating > 9): Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru.

The skip was so rushed it feels weird. Happy its a good ending but somehow..lacking?? Its good tho

Double-page supporter
welp like most others I also felt like this ending was purely there just to get the main pairing together.

Seriously though, the romance in this series was so dead lmao, like Koharu barely showed any signs of romantic feelings towards Kouske until post time skip where she's all like "how could you have lied to me" etc. etc.

At least side couple got their ending lul

Honestly though, this series would've been better off ending in chapter 36 instead.

I would've wanted to see more of yuusuke and koharo's relationship now that they are an adult but still happy that they reunited and clearly felt the same towards one another...thank you so much for translating this..

Group Leader
@kdramalover28 Really? They felt the same way toward each other? Really? There was still no sign (zero, zip, nada) that Koharu felt anything even barely remotely romantic toward Yousuke. It'd be pretty accurate to say, from her whole performance throughout all 37 chapters, that she doesn't have a romantic bone in her body. That "reunion" after 6 years of zero contact, not even telling her he was leaving to begin with, was completely unrealistic and, on her part, completely devoid of anything even vaguely akin to romantic emotions.

Forget seeing how their relationship is now, I'd just like to see Koharu act like she even likes Yousuke romantically.

Was this series axed? This ending is the definition of axed. No emotional growth from the girl, no budding romance, just a slice of life with a cherry shoved on top. Even on the final pages she didn't seem like she loved him. What are you doing? If this series wasn't axed, why not have Koharu start seeing Yousuke as a man halfway through? Why only in the final page? You forgot the romance part in this romcom

Users who are viewing this thread