Kokumin-teki Idol ni natta Osana-Najimi ga Boro-Apart ni Sunderu Ore no Tonari ni Hikkoshitekita Ken - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - 7th Session

Dex-chan lover
xEIfOJi.png

the brightly shining idol xD

Dex-chan lover
No offense.... but my experience has been the opposite.

And the Hollywood trope comes from the fact that it's the experience for most people....

You are probably just an exception....

With the exception of one single women, almost every woman I've ever met had a neater room than the man....

Though the one slobby woman was a super slob.....
i don't think your experience is the norm. i think you just got very lucky having met only one person like that. it might have something to do with age groups though for all i know but my experience comes from people both 10+ years older and younger than me but the worst ones are always those around my age group.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, another chapter of a story where the characters that should be dating, aren't.... for no reason other than the author not wanting them to date (and not officially dating, but at least acknowledging that they like each other and know each other's feelings).
You are hopefully talking about the Idol and the MC and not his junior who is clearly gunning for him too.

I swear to god if this doesn't end with the MC and the idol together I will cry. She's the childhood friend so the likelihood is that she will lose the race and junior will win.. I hate this idea...

Anyone that read the novel that could offer some spoils 🥺?

hsb

Sorry for the long delay everyone. This ended up being a comedy of errors -- people suddenly going on vacation, people not updating file names (e.g. documents marked WIP), having no one to do CLRD then accidentally having two (Sorry SaltyDango!).

Well, it's finally here, and it's a great chapter, imo. Kazu-kun is displaying some amazing restraint.
Thank you for the hard work and translation 😌

Dex-chan lover
You are hopefully talking about the Idol and the MC and not his junior who is clearly gunning for him too.

I swear to god if this doesn't end with the MC and the idol together I will cry. She's the childhood friend so the likelihood is that she will lose the race and junior will win.. I hate this idea...

Anyone that read the novel that could offer some spoils 🥺?
Ummmmm.....

First, the idea that a childhood friend will lose is a 100% lie. It's not a flag at all.

The real trope is that the main heroine wins.

Being a childhood friend is 100% a non-factor. In fact, way too many childhood friends win to the point of saying that being a childhood friend is a losing flag. Childhood friend romance is so freaking common it's a trope of it's own...

In this case, the idol (childhood friend-chan) is the main girl. So it's obvious she will win.

And yes, this is a case where he should already be dating the childhood friend and the author is dragging sh*t out for the sake of dragging it out.....

Dex-chan lover
Ummmmm.....

First, the idea that a childhood friend will lose is a 100% lie. It's not a flag at all.

The real trope is that the main heroine wins.

Being a childhood friend is 100% a non-factor. In fact, way too many childhood friends win to the point of saying that being a childhood friend is a losing flag. Childhood friend romance is so freaking common it's a trope of it's own...

In this case, the idol (childhood friend-chan) is the main girl. So it's obvious she will win.

And yes, this is a case where he should already be dating the childhood friend and the author is dragging sh*t out for the sake of dragging it out.....
childhood friends is usually a standard loser flag in harem mangas regardless of them being the main heroine. in fact main heroines have a track record of losing 9/10 in harem mangas so long as one of the other side heroines is a violent tsundere, usually with blond hair and/or twin tails. i've only ever seen like 2 series where the main heroine doesn't lose and one series had multiple endings so the reader could choose their favorite girl's ending and the other technically ended with no losers as it was left somewhat open ended. as for childhood friends they usually lose as well on an equal record with the main heroine.

this story however is not a harem manga from the looks of things so far so none of what i said really matters because the main heroine usually wins in love triangles. at least 9/10 they win anyways.

my point is that technically being a childhood friend is almost certainly a guaranteed automatic lost depending on if the story is a harem or just a regular love triangle and if the childhood friend is the main heroine or just a side character.

Dex-chan lover
What is this, the story of Keiichi & MONACA??? How the Song of the Ancients was born??

Dex-chan lover
childhood friends is usually a standard loser flag in harem mangas regardless of them being the main heroine. in fact main heroines have a track record of losing 9/10 in harem mangas so long as one of the other side heroines is a violent tsundere, usually with blond hair and/or twin tails. i've only ever seen like 2 series where the main heroine doesn't lose and one series had multiple endings so the reader could choose their favorite girl's ending and the other technically ended with no losers as it was left somewhat open ended. as for childhood friends they usually lose as well on an equal record with the main heroine.

this story however is not a harem manga from the looks of things so far so none of what i said really matters because the main heroine usually wins in love triangles. at least 9/10 they win anyways.

my point is that technically being a childhood friend is almost certainly a guaranteed automatic lost depending on if the story is a harem or just a regular love triangle and if the childhood friend is the main heroine or just a side character.
Dude..... main heroines almost never lose....

Usually, the tsundere IS the main heroine... but not always.... it's actually often that the tsundere heroines are just the easiest to remember because they make more of an impact than the non-tsundere ones....

I think you are mistaking your favorite for the main heroine.

Akane Tendo is the main heroine for Ranma 1/2 for instance. Or Moka for Rosario Vampire.

Or Nagi for Hayate the Combat Butler. Or Naru in Love Hina (also a childhood friend).

Or Chitoge from Nisekoi or Sakurako Tenmaku of Ai Kora.

In fact, almost every single harem series has the main girl winning.

And every time the childhood friend loses, it's because she's a rival to the heroine and is often tacked on so that the author doesn't need to actually develop the character as a rival or build a relationship with the MC because, hey, they are already childhood friends.

The childhood friend loses usually solely when she's tacked on solely for the sake of being a rival to the main girl for the sake of cheap drama (which is the source of the misunderstanding that being a childhood friend is a losing flag; it's less her being a childhood friend and more her being the rival than a heroine).

And I'm not asking as an insult or something.... it's so rare that I don't really see that often so I'd like to know....

Dex-chan lover

Usually, the tsundere IS the main heroine... but not always.... it's actually often that the tsundere heroines are just the easiest to remember because they make more of an impact than the non-tsundere ones....

Akane Tendo is the main heroine for Ranma 1/2 for instance. Or Moka for Rosario Vampire.

Or Nagi for Hayate the Combat Butler. Or Naru in Love Hina (also a childhood friend).

And every time the childhood friend loses, it's because she's a rival to the heroine and is often tacked on so that the author doesn't need to actually develop the character as a rival or build a relationship with the MC because, hey, they are already childhood friends.

The childhood friend loses usually solely when she's tacked on solely for the sake of being a rival to the main girl for the sake of cheap drama (which is the source of the misunderstanding that being a childhood friend is a losing flag; it's less her being a childhood friend and more her being the rival than a heroine).

And I'm not asking as an insult or something.... it's so rare that I don't really see that often so I'd like to know....
i know what a main heroine is and generally my way of determining who the main heroine is, is whoever the mc has a crush on and is actively pursuing romantically and that character has relative screen time. lot's of times the mc will suddenly change the target of their romantic feelings during the last 10 or so chapters to somebody completely opposite of who they pursued the entire series. the worst example of this happening, since you brought it up, is nisekoi, chitoge was not the main love interest until literally the last few chapters and onodera, who was the main love interest throughout the entire story up until that sudden flip, had relative screen time. fun fact, this was the first manga i ever dropped and funnily enough it was the chapter before the sudden flip in love interest towards the very end. i literally never dropped a manga before and i especially would have never thought to have done so during the last few chapters but nisekoi was special. btw onodera was not my favorite just as an fyi.

toradora is another egregious example of the sudden flip towards the end but i give that one more wiggle room than nisekoi since it wasn't a harem and the mc's love interest had considerably little screen time even compared to the 3rd girl.

an example for the main love interest actually winning goes to to love ru with haruna even though that was left slightly open ended. some would argue lala was the main heroine but she actually had very little screen time when she wasn't causing chaos and i think she had even less screen time than her sisters who were introduced much later on.

anyways it's rare for a harem manga to actually have an ending where the mc chooses someone but if he does it's almost always the tsundere. as for regular romcoms childhood friends are rarely the main love interest and usually get shafted even if they've been there since chapter one. dismissing her status as childhood friend to say a troupe doesn't exist is disingenuous.

quick edit: i just remembered, the world god only knows had the most unexpected ending where the mc actually chose a girl from outside the harem who was nothing more than a minor side character and best friend to one of the main heroines.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i know what a main heroine is and generally my way of determining who the main heroine is, is whoever the mc has a crush on and is actively pursuing romantically and that character has relative screen time. lot's of times the mc will suddenly change the target of their romantic feelings during the last 10 or so chapters to somebody completely opposite of who they pursued the entire series. the worst example of this happening, since you brought it up, is nisekoi, chitoge was not the main love interest until literally the last few chapters and onodera, who was the main love interest throughout the entire story up until that sudden flip, had relative screen time. fun fact, this was the first manga i ever dropped and funnily enough it was the chapter before the sudden flip in love interest towards the very end. i literally never dropped a manga before and i especially would have never thought to have done so during the last few chapters but nisekoi was special. btw onodera was not my favorite just as an fyi.

toradora is another egregious example of the sudden flip towards the end but i give that one more wiggle room than nisekoi since it wasn't a harem and the mc's love interest had considerably little screen time even compared to the 3rd girl.

an example for the main love interest actually winning goes to to love ru with haruna even though that was left slightly open ended. some would argue lala was the main heroine but she actually had very little screen time when she wasn't causing chaos and i think she had even less screen time than her sisters who were introduced much later on.

anyways it's rare for a harem manga to actually have an ending where the mc chooses someone but if he does it's almost always the tsundere. as for regular romcoms childhood friends are rarely the main love interest and usually get shafted even if they've been there since chapter one. dismissing her status as childhood friend to say a troupe doesn't exist is disingenuous.

quick edit: i just remembered, the world god only knows had the most unexpected ending where the mc actually chose a girl from outside the harem who was nothing more than a minor side character and best friend to one of the main heroines.
While it's true that the MC's crush switching is a common trope...

And you are mixing up the MC's crush with the main girl. MC's crush doesn't have to be the main girl.

The main girl, as in the main female lead was Chitoge the entire time. Onodera was just a crush.

The story was always about Raku and Chitoge. And I feel it was obviously going to have Chitoge win with the story being more about how his relationship with her grew.

And it didn't change in the last 10 minutes. His love for her actually grew through out the series with about half way through the series him being in love with both of them.

In fact, Nisekoi was most about Raku and Chitoge growing closer and closer together and falling in love with each other.

Onodera was a secondary character (which is more important than side characters, but less important than main characters).

Same with Toradora. It was about the MC getting closer with Taiga.

Just because the MC has a crush on a girl doesn't mean she was the main love interest.

It's just added for there to be more drama.

Basically, most non-harem harem stories and love triangles are basically the love story between 2 characters with the other characters basically just getting in the way or creating more drama.

And the MC could start with a crush on one of these rivals at the start to make things more "interesting", but in almost all of these cases, he will almost always fall in love with the main girl despite having a crush.

And World Only God Knows is kinda weird because there was magical possession involved with the other girls' love.

Dex-chan lover
Anyways it's rare for a harem manga to actually have an ending where the mc chooses someone but if he does it's almost always the tsundere. as for regular romcoms childhood friends are rarely the main love interest and usually get shafted even if they've been there since chapter one. dismissing her status as childhood friend to say a troupe doesn't exist is disingenuous.
And I honestly feel you are misunderstanding the situation.

1st, you need to understand, almost all romance manga have a base of 2 characters meant to be together.
A love triangle is the Main character, the main love interest and a single add-on love rival.
A harem is when they add even more add on love rivals.
The rule is that 99% of the time, the add on love rivals lose.

The add on love rival could be a childhood friend, a person the MC mutually likes, a little sibling, classmate..... just any person that is in love with the MC and is not the main heroine. They could be important to the story. But they aren't the main focus of the story.

And I'm going to be honest, it doesn't matter if the main heroine is a tsundere or not. She could also be a childhood friend.

All that matters is that she's the main heroine.

In fact, there are so so so many stories when the Main character ends up with their childhood friend that saying being a childhood friend is a factor makes absolutely no sense.

It's like saying all main characters are able to fight super well and your evidence is that some of the main characters fight in a battle manga.

But you are then ignoring the fact that in many non-battle manga, the main characters can't fight for sh*t....

In the same vein, while there are stories where the childhood friend romance fails, there are also tons of them were it succeeds....

And the ONLY stories where it fails is when the childhood friend isn't the main love interest.

The childhood friend in the stories where he/she loses ALWAYS ends up being an add on character and is almost NEVER the main love interest.

In fact, the childhood friend romance being the main pair is so common that you could then argue that childhood friends winning is also normal.

So if childhood friends win a lot and childhood friends lose a lot, then isn't it fair to say that it's not actually a factor???

Every time the childhood friend wins, she's always the main love interest, and every time she loses, she's the add on love interest to spice up the story.

This was something I noticed 100% of the time.... with the exception of 2 stories (but I've read so many stories that I can't add it percentage).

Dex-chan lover
i need much more of this, honestly it is very refreshing to see several themes you hardly see in a manga:
Adult-ish characters acting like adults, very close "friends" having a very touchy-feely relationship without the male character acting like some idiot little kid or some dumb trope when there's physical contact(like nosebleed, or rejecting her or something), it's EXTREMELY refreshing he's comfortable around her and viceversa.

Double-page supporter
i need much more of this, honestly it is very refreshing to see several themes you hardly see in a manga:
Adult-ish characters acting like adults, very close "friends" having a very touchy-feely relationship without the male character acting like some idiot little kid or some dumb trope when there's physical contact(like nosebleed, or rejecting her or something), it's EXTREMELY refreshing he's comfortable around her and viceversa.
Tô me they dont act like japanese adults... go on netflix and watch the japanese dating shows to see the normal japanese experience in Horror às this autistic idiots can't hold hands or even flirt with women... makes you see any MC that is not a loser as unrealistic . It broke me.

Aggregator gang

Only one I can think of where the main heroine loses is Ichigo 100%...and even the author admitted they did it because they wanted to surprise everyone.

Dex-chan lover
Tô me they dont act like japanese adults... go on netflix and watch the japanese dating shows to see the normal japanese experience in Horror às this autistic idiots can't hold hands or even flirt with women... makes you see any MC that is not a loser as unrealistic . It broke me.
well the japanese have a problem then, that netflix show looks like pure horror :D

Dex-chan lover
Only one I can think of where the main heroine loses is Ichigo 100%...and even the author admitted they did it because they wanted to surprise everyone.
It's also funny when you realize that it was one of the harem series that influenced a ton of other series...

Fed-Kun's army

The main heroine was chitoge even if Onodera was better.

The point is the main heroine is the poster girl of the story… usually the very first girl who’s introduced at the start of the story.

It has nothing to do with who anything else you said. The main girl almost always wins.

The only exceptions I can possibly think of are Naruto and quintessential quintuplets. Other than that, I’ve never seen a case where you couldn’t predict the winner, lol

Aggregator gang
The main heroine was chitoge even if Onodera was better.

The point is the main heroine is the poster girl of the story… usually the very first girl who’s introduced at the start of the story.

It has nothing to do with who anything else you said. The main girl almost always wins.

The only exceptions I can possibly think of are Naruto and quintessential quintuplets. Other than that, I’ve never seen a case where you couldn’t predict the winner, lol
Naruto isn't a real example...it's not a romance in the slightest...otherwise you could use other non-romance action manga like DragonBall where the main heroine was Bulma, yet Goku ended up with Chichi.

Users who are viewing this thread