Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 411 - Summer festival for two.

Group Leader
So I'm one of those people region locked for the official release. Does anyone have a link? I don't really want to read on aggregator sites.
If you want to, use ProtonVPN. It's free and has no data or speed limit. The only limit is no torrent use and the servers you can connect to are limited to US, Japan and Netherlands I think, which should be enough. I used that to connect to US server, google "viz manga app" and download it on my phone, but the app somehow also works without vpn when installed.

Group Leader
People took things into their own hands, can you really blame them for that? It's only after that other upload that this translation was given.
Picking it up and scanlating it is one thing. But actually stealing a magazine in Japan, scanning it and publishing the translated chapter before the official release hits the shelves, thats simply bad. There's no excuse. That's what they were called out for.
They could've waited for the release and publish the chapter then, but what they did was snipe the publisher and bait people to their site and patreon.

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to look at chapter one for some reason and it hit me that the art style has changed so drastically that I wonder if the mangaka themself had no idea just how popular their manga would become. I kinda feel like the mangakas original intention was for this to be a "random encounter shorts" cartoony style manga that ended up taking off like a bat outta hell

Dex-chan lover
Picking it up and scanlating it is one thing. But actually stealing a magazine in Japan, scanning it and publishing the translated chapter before the official release hits the shelves, thats simply bad. There's no excuse. That's what they were called out for.
They could've waited for the release and publish the chapter then, but what they did was snipe the publisher and bait people to their site and patreon.
This I did not know. I stand corrected

You guys keep saying it is "easy" to access Viz' simulpublish. At this point I am beginning to wonder if that's a region-locked thing because I do not get updates on Mangadex like I do with other publishers.

I was excited when Church of Potetto took over this series and have been deeply disappointed. You're better than this.

Group Leader
Calls the other low quality, but then also tell us to read VIZ. LOL
If you can't tell that viz is significantly higher quality, I feel very, very sorry for you.
This isn't fair when the original translators said they'd stop translating because of the official pub. People took things into their own hands, can you really blame them for that? It's only after that other upload that this translation was given.
What about the other 10 chapters between 401 and now?
I appreciate the things TL do to give us free content but this petty drama is too much sometimes
Yes. Yes I can blame them for that. We stopped because that was simply the right thing to do, and quite frankly scanlating a simulpub puts every other series we do at risk of a takedown. That's not a good deal.
The chapters are out there. Anonymousan already laid out why their raws look like fucking garbage, awh already laid out that their translation is so inaccurate it's hard to believe it's anything than DeepL-chan, what else do you need? Is getting the chapter 5 hours earlier really worth such a poor reading experience?
All the power to you if you think it is. Not gonna just call it "nice" and move on though. MangaDex is not the only platform manga can be read from.
So I'm one of those people region locked for the official release. Does anyone have a link? I don't really want to read on aggregator sites.
Read from an aggregate by proxying it through cubari. You won't have to step on their website once and you'll have the same image quality as the rip (viz).
You guys keep saying it is "easy" to access Viz' simulpublish. At this point I am beginning to wonder if that's a region-locked thing because I do not get updates on Mangadex like I do with other publishers.

I was excited when Church of Potetto took over this series and have been deeply disappointed. You're better than this.
MangaDex isn't the only place to read manga from. Look around for about five minutes and you'll find a dozen of sites that'll have all the missing chapters, including the ones missing from earlier in the manga that aren't on MangaDex either. Most of them will support Cubari too, so you won't have to bother with a bad reader.
And if you're disappointed at us, all I can really say is 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
Would still prefer for you guys to continue translating Komi.

Dex-chan lover
Not even going to bother reading it at this point
I’m not skipping 10 chapters for a supposed kiss.

jak

Contributor
If you can't tell that viz is significantly higher quality, I feel very, very sorry for you.
No, it just stupid to support a compnay that butchers translations all for the sake of "localization" and censors. No thank you.

People are free to do what they want but this is pettiness in the end as the group themselves have noted the official version exists.

Group Leader
People are free to do what they want but this is pettiness in the end as the group themselves have noted the official version exists.
Is it pettiness to call out a group who literally steals a magazine before it gets to the stores, then scanlates it *before it is officially published? By that statement you are supporting such behavior.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to the horrible scans, or were they sealed away for good?

Dex-chan lover
Well, after that horrible arc with the third wheel, we deserve some good material.

Also, thank you Church of Potetto. Really love your work.

Fed-Kun's army
I'll be honest I didn't quite like all the fuss with that other girl (like it started okay, then it was unbearable) so I wasn't too jazzed about seeing a new chapter update... But I'm so glad I actually checked it out 😭😭 The long awaited kiss!!

Users who are viewing this thread