Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 411 - Summer festival for two.

It's frankly disgusting to see all the hate Church of Potteto decided to just drop over Mylene Scans for picking up a project they trashed two months ago. No one blamed or insulted the pottetoes for letting down the fans or selling out to Viz, but now they want to come and play authority over a serie they have no rights on?

The world doesn't stop at the U.S. It's full of English-speaking people in countries without authorized releases and Viz is locked to North America only, so what the hell are they even trying to say? "Hey, you can always pay for a VPN and pay for Viz to illegally look at the official English translation of the manga you like!" Because yes, it's illegal in several nations to circumvent regional limitation on content.

Don't like their translation? Go back and do it yourself. Or maybe some other group will come and pick the serie up in your stead. Just quit with this outrageous bullying and leave these guys alone.

Aggregator gang
It's frankly disgusting to see all the hate Church of Potteto decided to just drop over Mylene Scans for picking up a project they trashed two months ago. No one blamed or insulted the pottetoes for letting down the fans or selling out to Viz, but now they want to come and play authority over a serie they have no rights on?

The world doesn't stop at the U.S. It's full of English-speaking people in countries without authorized releases and Viz is locked to North America only, so what the hell are they even trying to say? "Hey, you can always pay for a VPN and pay for Viz to illegally look at the official English translation of the manga you like!" Because yes, it's illegal in several nations to circumvent regional limitation on content.

Don't like their translation? Go back and do it yourself. Or maybe some other group will come and pick the serie up in your stead. Just quit with this outrageous bullying and leave these guys alone.
Literally just use an aggregator site. It's not difficult. Mylene scans is actually doing further harm to fans of the series because their garbage quality version will be picked up by those same aggregator sites, assuming their version is pushed out before official release (which in itself is a dick move).

If they were actually doing it for the fans of the series, they would use digital raws after the chapter officially comes out, do bare minimum cleaning/redrawing, and actually translate the series accurately. Instead we get Po2 2.0.

As for Church of Potteto "trashing" the project... Are you actually that uninformed and biased? Scanlating a series that has a simulpub puts you at far greater risk of being targeted by Viz. It's common sense to stop at that point. Even the Komi-san subreddit has had takedown requests sent their way even for individual comments asking where to read the series.

The problem the guys from Church of Potteto have with the release, and one that many fans share, is that Mylene scans' version is hot garbage quality on just about every front, and the fans deserve better than to be subjected to reading it.

The Viz version is not even that bad to begin with, other than minor things like puns in character names not being explained, and lack of honorifics.

At the very least, if you're going to do it despite the legal risks (especially stupid when you're doing it for donations), you shouldn't upload it before the official release, and your release shouldn't be even worse than what Viz puts out.

Last edited:
Seeing all these drama on a series that's supposed to be abandoned by english scanlators is straight up just dumb. Mylene scans released a really bad scanlation. Like if you read it and considered it good, then good for you. Mylene scans' work just straight up butchered the personalities of the characters to the point that I'm just confused as to how did they get to that translation.

Mylene scans' work on the chapter was literally enough to turn a raw chicken into a golden fried chicken because of how deepfried it looks 💀

This new chapter was something that I don't even consider to be a "personal" attack to Mylene scans. This chapter has been NOTORIOUSLY floating around and people have been mistaking Mylene scans' as the "official" chapter. In komicord we have people sending images of this chapter and asking questions about it and being confused that its not the Viz official chapter because of the quality itself.

IT ALSO DOESN'T HELP THAT THE CHAPTER WAS RELEASED BEFORE THE VIZ VERSION. Which I don't know why Mangadex let happen and why they didn't get any consequences for that rule.

This created a lot of confusion on which chapters were the official ones for some people.

Church of Potteto from my understanding simply just wants to release a more clean/better version of the chapter in itself to release here in mangadex to overwrite how bad the release of the other team's scanlation.

My thoughts on this matter is, just don't scanlate any more Komi chapters imo. Viz is already doing a simulpub. The moment the Japanese version releases English is gonna release. Its honestly just a waste of time and effort and there's a lot of Manga out there that isn't supported by any groups that I see since most people just snipe some series because its popular. I mean if you're really doing this just because you're passionate for the community can someone for the love of god PLEASE SCANLATE ASPER KANOJO TO ENGLISH ITS BEEN FINISHED FOR YEARS-

Last edited:
Group Leader

this makes no fucking sense.
we didnt trash komi, thats one hell of a way to put it. and yes, quite frankly, most people were mad at us for dropping it. we're also not here to play authority.

if another group wants to do komi, they can absolutely go ahead. but doing a garbage job is still doing a garbage job, and just because they picked it up does not make them free of criticism. if they butcher the translation, get the most deep fried raws around, fuck up the redrawing and have poor and lifeless typesetting at best, then yes, they are absolutely subjecting themselves to criticism, and we're in our right to call out the bullshit and the bait of doing a popular series just to attract people to your donation incentives.

no one gets a pass for doing terrible scanlation.

ps: you don't have to pay shit or anyone to go read the new chapters, theyre all over aggregates. reading stuff on mangadex is already piracy and illegal in it's nature, that entire "it's illegal" tirade is very laughable.

If they were actually doing it for the fans of the series, they would use digital raws after the chapter officially comes out, do bare minimum cleaning/redrawing, and actually translate the series accurately. Instead we get Po2 2.0.
Look, it's very easy here: they want to translate it, they can, end of story. It's very easy to not read their scanlation if you don't like it, and if the aggregators don't care about finding the better source it's honestly their problem... it just means that the people will read it somewhere else.

As for Church of Potteto "trashing" the project... Are you actually that uninformed and biased?
I'm not blaming them for getting cold feet, a lot of scan groups do the same. I blame them for coming here to diss a scanlation group that did nothing wrong just to advertise Viz. You left the serie, if you could also leave the people alone it would be perfect.

At the very least, if you're going to do it despite the legal risks (especially stupid when you're doing it for donations), you shouldn't upload it before the official release, and your release shouldn't be even worse than what Viz puts out.
The early update was just a mistake tho, since they apparently did not know about the status of the digital raws and simply picked up the serie because one of them liked Komi-san and wanted to translate it. Mangadex has already warned them and it's unlikely to happen again.

we didnt trash komi, thats one hell of a way to put it. and yes, quite frankly, most people were mad at us for dropping it. we're also not here to play authority.
It's quite a clear way to put it I think: you translated it for quite a while, then stopped when it was released.

if another group wants to do komi, they can absolutely go ahead. but doing a garbage job is still doing a garbage job, and just because they picked it up does not make them free of criticism. if they butcher the translation, get the most deep fried raws around, fuck up the redrawing and have poor and lifeless typesetting at best, then yes, they are absolutely subjecting themselves to criticism, and we're in our right to call out the bullshit and the bait of doing a popular series just to attract people to your donation incentives.
Almost every scanlation group I know has a Patreon page, what's your beef with it? It's not like people have to give them anything to begin with. People supporting Mylene scans mainly do so for Mobuseka, it's not like they're riding Komi-san for money.

ps: you don't have to pay shit or anyone to go read the new chapters, theyre all over aggregates. reading stuff on mangadex is already piracy and illegal in it's nature, that entire "it's illegal" tirade is very laughable.
It was in fact quite laughable to read you guys propping the "legal" Viz after years of illegality, just to then tell the people that lived outside of NA to commit further illecits by using VPNs or read on aggregators. So this really looks like a self-burn more than anything, lol.

Group Leader
At the risk of repeating myself, if you do a garbage job you will be called out for doing a garbage job. No one should be praised for severely mistranslating manga, even if it's a popular series. Get over yourself. That chapter was hot fucking trash.

Group Leader
The early update was just a mistake tho, since they apparently did not know about the status of the digital raws and simply picked up the serie because one of them liked Komi-san and wanted to translate it. Mangadex has already warned them and it's unlikely to happen again.
How do you not know it's not published? Also where do you get the raws if it's not released yet? Like, logically guys, logically. They had to yoink a physical magazine and scan that before it got to the stores to do that. (Also, the physical magazine comes out thr same time as the digital version) You can deny that all you want, there's just no other way it could've happened. Had they published their version after official release, no-one would've said a thing.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Look, it's very easy here: they want to translate it, they can, end of story. It's very easy to not read their scanlation if you don't like it, and if the aggregators don't care about finding the better source it's honestly their problem... it just means that the people will read it somewhere else.

I'm not blaming them for getting cold feet, a lot of scan groups do the same. I blame them for coming here to diss a scanlation group that did nothing wrong just to advertise Viz. You left the serie, if you could also leave the people alone it would be perfect.

Yes, it is very easy here. If you don't want to be criticized for a garbage product, don't put out a garbage product. The aggregators are just bots scraping series from wherever they can. They don't know what's garbage. You can't blame a bot for doing what it was programmed to do. But Mylene scans is making it the problem of everyone using an aggregator by making sure their garbage version is uploaded first.

They did do something wrong.
That is entire issue. If they did nothing wrong, people would not be complaining. If they used digital raws, actually translated accurately, and did redraws, Mylene scans would be being hailed as heroes right now. Even now if they started doing those things, they could turn this around in their favor. But nothing will change. These people are just like Po2--doing it to drive people to their patreon page. It's painfully transparent.

I severely doubt that uploading before official release was an accident. How do you read the series regularly and not know when it releases? They just didn't expect to get called out or get in trouble for it.

In any case, if Mylene scans continues like this, the fans will only be done a great disservice. End of story.

Aggregator gang
It's quite a clear way to put it I think: you translated it for quite a while, then stopped when it was released.

Almost every scanlation group I know has a Patreon page, what's your beef with it? It's not like people have to give them anything to begin with. People supporting Mylene scans mainly do so for Mobuseka, it's not like they're riding Komi-san for money.

It was in fact quite laughable to read you guys propping the "legal" Viz after years of illegality, just to then tell the people that lived outside of NA to commit further illecits by using VPNs or read on aggregators. So this really looks like a self-burn more than anything, lol.
Fan scanlation in general is illegal. What really matters here is the risk of consequences. Reading from an aggregator after the official version releases...? No consequences. Now, working on a series with a simulpub? Big risk. Doing so while being stupid enough to also ask for donations...? Hey, that's on you buddy. Don't be surprised if Viz has your patreon taken down.

"Some simply cannot access a simple VPN due to their regional rules" ...What are you talking about?

You do know that fan scanlation is illegal right? You do know that distributing chapters before the official release in Mangadex is against the rules right? Its so easy to access Viz with VPN. Trying to take the higher moral standpoint of distributing it here in Mangadex for people to see because using a VPN is illegal is just straight up hypocritical when what you're doing is also illegal.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Just use an aggregator site its not that hard. I genuinely don't have a problem with this group or any scanlation group at all. What I have a problem with is that they're releasing chapters BEFORE the official release and Mangadex isn't doing anything when its against their own goddamn rules. What I have a problem with is that aggregator sites snipe Mangadex so they're gonna read the chapter Mylene scans released which is bad quality chapters and people are gonna be confused of the quality and certain aspects because they're reading a highly inferior chapter than what Viz releases. It has happened in komicord too. What I have a problem with is that they took things personally when Church of Potteto just wanted to create a better fan translation to overwrite how bad 411 was.

Can't believe people are turning against CoP after being the group that were there when Komi-scans left the community picked it up with no hesitation and released far better releases, I can't believe that people here are disrespecting CoP's understanding towards the manga itself with Viz's simulpub'ing and choosing to drop this series since they know that the fans will continue to receive great chapter quality and translation.

For people saying that VPNs are illegal, scanlation is illegal. What you're doing in this site, reading here, also illegal. Just use an aggregator site for Viz media chapters. Just use a VPN to read in Viz media. Stop trying to take the moral high ground because all of this is morally and ethically wrong. And stop accepting bad scanlation because you the reader does not deserve the quality that they're releasing just because they just wanna be fast. You don't deserve this. And that's what CoP did, created a better chapter since this group seem to can't provide for that.

Best way to support artists really is to not subscribe to a scanlation's Patreon and buy the physical copies of the manga that you're reading.

Aggregator gang
What is that
To put it simply, a manga aggregator site is a website that grabs manga uploads from other sites and hosts it on their own site for people to read. Usually to generate ad revenue. Mangasee is one of the better ones quality-wise, as it will replace its uploads with the official release when it comes out. Others are at the mercy of whatever comes first. Sometimes it's better than the official release, sometimes not.

At the risk of repeating myself, if you do a garbage job you will be called out for doing a garbage job. No one should be praised for severely mistranslating manga, even if it's a popular series. Get over yourself. That chapter was hot fucking trash.
Your attitude is hot fucking trash lol. Get your shit together.
They get a decently readable chapter out and all you can do is complaining because they didn't follow the same steps you did up to two months ago. Get over it, nothing serious happened except the obvious bullying you started and keep fanning.

How do you not know it's not published? Also where do you get the raws if it's not released yet? Like, logically guys, logically.
That's what they said happened, actually. It was the scan of the physical Korean version that someone put on the internet before of the digital release. And personally I care less about digital quality and more about having the product readable asap.

They did do something wrong. That is entire issue. If they did nothing wrong, people would not be complaining.
Yea, because everyone in the anime internet community is a mature, well-meaning individual and never happens to bitch over petty jealousy. You're absolutely right, you completely persuaded me.

By the way, aggregator sites are awful exploiters that only try to cash in through someone else's job, often without even offering credits; they're places that we should avoid and boycott, not sponsor as the new way to read your fav manga, so really what the hell are you even doing rn.

Now, working on a series with a simulpub? Big risk. Doing so while being stupid enough to also ask for donations...? Hey, that's on you buddy. Don't be surprised if Viz has your patreon taken down.
And I bet you've reported them already, huh? You really can't suffer anyone else translating Komi-san... XD You say stupid, I say brave for doing something that the fans asked despite the risks.

Aggregator gang
Your attitude is hot fucking trash lol. Get your shit together.
They get a decently readable chapter out and all you can do is complaining because they didn't follow the same steps you did up to two months ago. Get over it, nothing serious happened except the obvious bullying you started and keep fanning.

That's what they said happened, actually. It was the scan of the physical Korean version that someone put on the internet before of the digital release. And personally I care less about digital quality and more about having the product readable asap.

Yea, because everyone in the anime internet community is a mature, well-meaning individual and never happens to bitch over petty jealousy. You're absolutely right, you completely persuaded me.

By the way, aggregator sites are awful exploiters that only try to cash in through someone else's job, often without even offering credits; they're places that we should avoid and boycott, not sponsor as the new way to read your fav manga, so really what the hell are you even doing rn.

And I bet you've reported them already, huh? You really can't suffer anyone else translating Komi-san... XD You say stupid, I say brave for doing something that the fans asked despite the risks.
You say Chris's attitude is "hot fucking trash lol", but yours is blatantly worse. If anyone has their shit together, it's Church of Potteto, not you. You accuse them of bullying, but all they did to "start it" was flex their chapter quality and then redirect people to the official version one last time in case people didn't see an announcement they left on an omake. They didn't tell anyone to attack Mylene scans, and in fact (not that you would know this) Chris advocated against doing so in the Komi-san discord server. Aside from that he made a few impolite comments in this thread about this release's quality, and to defend why they moved on, and that's about it. It hardly amounts to the bullying you're accusing him of.

And about that maturity... At least they had the maturity to move on to other series that still need help when they saw Komi no longer needed a fan translation. I'm not surprised you're lashing out at them though, since you're a sockpuppet of Mylene scans and you know you guys are in the wrong about this. By the way, your version of 411 may have been "readable", but it was not decent and most importantly it was not accurate.

You not caring about quality has long been noticed.

No shit you can't please everyone. Fuck me, I guess, for pointing out the obvious for you since you guys apparently didn't realize why people were annoyed.

Is that comment about jealousy a self-admission from you, by the way? Because that's what it looks like to me.

Also, it's laughable that you attack aggregator sites as "exploiters" that should be avoided and boycotted when not only is scanlation illegal in the first place (that includes Mangadex), but Mylene scans themselves are exploiting both manga authors as well as readers by rushing through a product of this quality and having the gall to ask for donations. So really, what the hell are you even doing right now?

I personally haven't reported them, no. Even Komi-scan back when they were doing the series advertised a kofi thing once in a blue moon... But I honestly would not be shocked if somebody had reported them out of spite. Viz might also trawl through this site at some point like they do the subreddit and see the link in your credits. You can call it brave if you want to. Either way, it's not smart.

Personally? I hardly care about the act of asking for donations itself. I just think you've got a lot of nerve doing so when you post a release before the chapter is officially even out, and leave fans stuck with deep fried pages and translations that seem to be guesswork at times.

I didn't even suggest once that you should stop working on Komi-san, by the way... Never actually said that... But at the very least. At the very least, I do think that Mylene scans should wait until the chapter is officially out and then start uploading their release to the various places they upload to. That way the aggregator sites can all grab the official release, and your fans can still come to read your release if they really want to. I think that would be the closest thing we all would have to a win/win.

Last edited:
Group Leader
And how did the Korean version come out before the Japanese aka the original/raw? I doubt a translated version is published before the original. The physical magazine comes out at the same time as the digital (I've said it before), at midnight, so what they're saying is impossible.

You really can't suffer anyone else translating Komi-san... XD You say stupid, I say brave for doing something that the fans asked despite the risks.
How is it not stupid when you know the risk is, in best case, a C&D which not only stops you from scanning one series but everything you do? You shouldn't risk prison just because the readers asked you to. Especially if it's a new platform and you know nothing about the way they handle scanlation groups.

No-one cares if they scan the series, they've been called out for sniping the Japanese publisher and releasing a chapter (against mangadex rules) with low image quality and some questionable translations, and you and the team don't seem to be able to accept that or take criticism.

And about that maturity... At least they had the maturity to move on to other series that still need help when they saw Komi no longer needed a fan translation. I'm not surprised you're lashing out at them though, since you're a sockpuppet of Mylene scans and you know you guys are in the wrong about this. By the way, your version of 411 may have been "readable", but it was not decent and most importantly it was not accurate.

You're psychotic lol. I'm only on their discord server since I read Mobuseka, I wouldn't have even know that they took over Komi-san otherwise. But you said nothing but inanities on this thread so why should you start writing anything sensible now?

Now, read back your delirous monologue by keeping in mind that you wrote it to someone with no ties at all with Mylene scans and try to not feel ridiculous.
And how did the Korean version come out before the Japanese aka the original/raw? I doubt a translated version is published before the original. The physical magazine comes out at the same time as the digital (I've said it before), at midnight, so what they're saying is impossible.

Not the Korean version... the Japanese version from a Korean website. Look, I'll quote you what's written on Discord:

"You only can scan when the official japanese raws are available digitally. Seems the people we got the raws from got it from the korean site, whom use physicial scanalation of actual magazines, which is not allowed on mangadex"

I'd therefore assume that the physical magazine was out at least 24 hours before the digital version. How, why, I have no clue but facts are that they got their raws before the Japanese digital release and Mangadex suspended them for a week as a warning.

How is it not stupid when you know the risk is, in best case, a C&D which not only stops you from scanning one series but everything you do? You shouldn't risk prison just because the readers asked you to.

I have serious doubt that they're risking anything. Worst can happen is that they have to drop the serie after the first C&D.
Frankly Mangadex is going to be targeted way before Mylene Scans since they do not even have a personal website and are not hosting their work anywhere.

Aggregator gang
You're psychotic lol. I'm only on their discord server since I read Mobuseka, I wouldn't have even know that they took over Komi-san otherwise. But you said nothing but inanities on this thread so why should you start writing anything sensible now?

Now, read back your delirous monologue by keeping in mind that you wrote it to someone with no ties at all with Mylene scans and try to not feel ridiculous.

Not the Korean version... the Japanese version from a Korean website. Look, I'll quote you what's written on Discord:

"You only can scan when the official japanese raws are available digitally. Seems the people we got the raws from got it from the korean site, whom use physicial scanalation of actual magazines, which is not allowed on mangadex"

I'd therefore assume that the physical magazine was out at least 24 hours before the digital version. How, why, I have no clue but facts are that they got their raws before the Japanese digital release and Mangadex suspended them for a week as a warning.

I have serious doubt that they're risking anything. Worst can happen is that they have to drop the serie after the first C&D.
Frankly Mangadex is going to be targeted way before Mylene Scans since they do not even have a personal website and are not hosting their work anywhere.
Haha. So I was spot on. How you worded your denial gives it away even more. You are so bad at this.

Group Leader

I'd therefore assume that the physical magazine was out at least 24 hours before the digital version. How, why, I have no clue but facts are that they got their raws before the Japanese digital release and Mangadex suspended them for a week as a warwarnin.
I stand corrected on the source. But it remains a fact that the digital and physical magazine has the same release time. So the chapter was published before official release, which is against mangadex rules, and got other groups in trouble before. Whether they knew or not is a different story and is irrelevant for the argument at the moment.

"whom use physicial scanalation of actual magazines, which is not allowed on mangadex"

They don't care whether it's physical scan or digital, but uploading before release is forbidden and that's why they got punished. It's even written at the first page of the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread