Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 454

Dex-chan lover
You can get a free trial of Viz Manga for a week through their Android/iOS app, according to their FAQ. Otherwise, it's $2/mo for the entire Viz back catalogue.
Read as:

Give us all your personally identifiable information for one week of access to our catalogue (we promise we'll handle your information responsibly) or you give us $2 USD every month, we'll still take all your personally identifiable information and you'll have access to our catalogue

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What's all these subscription services? So fucking annoying.

What I would like to see is an affordable, non-regional pay per-view service with a transparent breakdown of where that money is going, and how much of it is going to the author. Otherwise I don't trust these services are of actual use to the author.

Power Uploader
You know that the authors often gets no royalties out of the international licenses right? They usually get an upfront license fee and the rest goes in the pocket of the editor.

Not to say that the editors do nothing (they promote, edit, print, translate, etc), but whether there's 1 of 10000 subscriber to Viz platform, the author won't see a yen more.

Group Leader
Imagine not wanting to pay 2 DOLLARS A MONTH to be able to have a catalogue of hundreds of manga. Jesus Christ you guys are babies
Imagine how braindead you have to be posting this troll bait garbage on a site that thrives on people posting manga translations for free. Stay mad and keep paying money for services that are going to end up killing the fandom that normie losers like you ripped on for years and then made like you were always part of it.

Double-page supporter
you geniuses realize that VPNs exist, right?
your "geo block" doesn't really exist
And you can use a free proxy switcher.
You're missing the issue. Geo/Region-blocking is just dumb nowadays. It's a deterrent and basically says: "You're not from our country. Screw you then!"
I'm even willing to pay the 2$, but at least give me the possibility to do so! And to put that on a website like Mangadex that is accessible from all around the world is even dumber and has lack of foresight.

MangaPlus is an official publisher, and yet all the manga from them that I follow on this website aren't region-blocked.

Dex-chan lover
the geo block exists, you can get around it but still exists.
if you can get around it, it does not exist in practice, only in theory

And you can use a free proxy switcher.
You're missing the issue. Geo/Region-blocking is just dumb nowadays. It's a deterrent and basically says: "You're not from our country. Screw you then!"
I'm even willing to pay the 2$, but at least give me the possibility to do so! And to put that on a website like Mangadex that is accessible from all around the world is even dumber and has lack of foresight.

MangaPlus is an official publisher, and yet all the manga from them that I follow on this website aren't region-blocked.
that' because mangaplus understands that there is no geoblock on the internet, because that's not how DNS and HTTP works
there are no "locations" on the internet, I can interface with a DNS on the other side of the planet, even outside of it as well
this publisher is delusional or tech illiterate to an unreal degree

Dex-chan lover
as much as i miss the komi/tadano plot lines, i really like the side characters of this series. even from the start, theyve been so eccentric and dumb in hilarious ways. plus its great seein komi grow more outside of tadanos tutelage

Dex-chan lover

that' because mangaplus understands that there is no geoblock on the internet, because that's not how DNS and HTTP works
there are no "locations" on the internet, I can interface with a DNS on the other side of the planet, even outside of it as well
You need to take extra steps to read it, so there is an issue. Saying that it's don't exist makes no sense

Dex-chan lover
Either be a pirate or don’t, but don’t come around making excuses for it. No one thinks you’re righteous.

I do wish the official took the time to explain the name puns sometimes. It explains a lot about the character.

Dex-chan lover

I mean... I fully agree that geoblocks are stupid. But you're delusional if you think most people have enough tech literacy to go around geoblocks, or care enough to do so especially when they can just go to a site where you can get everything for free (which, of course, in itself demonstrates how dumb geoblocks are.) So, as stupid as it is for the publishers to turn away customers willing to pay just because they're not from a specific region, the geoblock does what they intended it to do - and that is keep out most users from other regions - regardless of whatever their stupid reason for the block is.

Imagine not wanting to pay 2 DOLLARS A MONTH to be able to have a catalogue of hundreds of manga. Jesus Christ you guys are babies
That's some people for ya. If you aren't getting paid by the publishers to read the manga, fuck 'em, right? I'd definitely subscribe to their service but I can't be bothered with a VPN just for that. In the end it's on them for not wanting me as a customer.

Give us all your personally identifiable information for one week of access to our catalogue (we promise we'll handle your information responsibly) or you give us $2 USD every month, we'll still take all your personally identifiable information and you'll have access to our catalogue
Sure, but then again your info has already been collected and sold by any number of sites and services anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread