Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 21 Ch. 279 - America

Dex-chan lover
@Kaduufrrj

Basically. The TSA are known for being the most incompetent program we have. If you have a slightly foreign-sounding last name, or a slight tan, you're basically ensured to have a full body search before you can get on the plane.

There's an entire South Park episode mocking it, and its hilarious.

Another boring chap no more development to the story or to these two. Welp time to drop it. It was good.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Tamerlane
From what I remember, we were asked questions like reason, how much cash we carried, duration of our stay, etc. We also passed through metal detectors and that's it.

Also, Facebook's vanilla Ice cream tasted like shit, but nobody believed me and people got mad at me so I cried in my room for half an hour.

Dex-chan lover
This was Isagi-san's time to shine with her hammer of justice and she threw it all away. Could have raised her ranking ffs

@Nep Just a quick question though. Is it best to go DIY traveling or Package travel where your destination/bus/hotel is already provided.

I am planning to do solo travel though I'm still scared

Dex-chan lover
I love how they were able to capture the very essence of shitty TSA workers in just a few pages.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman Not surprising given the fact that it's Facebook, so it's probably laced with something to know your personal information at all times to sell to the Chinese.

Though how Facebook got into the ice cream business is another story I'd be interested in

Dex-chan lover
Komi should not like the United States. Why not? There Are No Cats In America. I saw this movie dozens of times in my childhood.

@Tamerlane @alacaelum @Kaduufrrj @RealSaMu
It wouldn't be a TSA (Transportation Security Agency) agent but a CBP (Customs and Border Protection) officer inspecting international arrivals at a U.S. airport.

Visitors from Japan (and many other countries) can visit the U.S. for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa through the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). VWP travelers are required to apply for authorization though the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), a fully automated, electronic system for screening passengers before they begin travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program.

Almost all customs officials are rude to travelers. In my own experience, British, French, Japanese, and Korean customs officers were rude at best. Even upon returning to the U.S., the CBP officers were rude.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Tamerlane
Facebook has a minicity/street workspace with an ice cream "shop" inside. That's all I can remember because I was having a very bad experience that day.

Dex-chan lover
@coffeemilk
I stand corrected, though it wouldn't surprise me if there were also TSA agents there.

@Kaddufrrj
There are 95.6 million cats in the United States. New York City has half a million as strays. You can do the math.

@dsid2814
Doubt. They're also not going to the Harlem district, though Komi-san having a Crossover with Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man would be hilarious for a number of reasons.

Dex-chan lover
@coffeemilk
Can confirm; when I was younger and got back from a two-week exchange program in Japan, the guy that we were going through was incredibly jaded. Even weirder because we were all around 13.

Users who are viewing this thread