Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 21 Ch. 280 - Elementary School

Dex-chan lover
@gormadoc

if i’m correct the US has schools that cater from elementary to high school, and they might have the same stuff to simplify things.

or is that France, i’m not sure myself...

@gormadoc

i dunno if maybe my school was just weird, but 3rd-5th grade, we had 2 classes:
One for science and math, and the other for english and history.

We still had a "main" class, so we had personal desks and cubbies, but we also had lockers that we used for other things if we wanted.

Looking back . . . it was kind of a mess.

Dex-chan lover
@gormadoc

Ironically the elementary school I was in before I moved had those half sized lockers, I also had to walk to each class, and individual desks were a thing, so clearly this is a case of it’s different in literally every U.S. school so this is accurate somewhere most likely.

I doubt they will, but I hope the author or artist makes a mention of 'Ray's Candy Store' since they are in NYC and Ray...Ray is a good man!

Fed-Kun's army
@SeekingSolace only in rural areas if there aren't enough towns in the area. New Hyde Park isn't that small and is near a ton of other places.

@zekkendo these kids are in 2nd grade though. Real second graders can't reach the second lockers that were in chapter 177.

@24HourCinderella that's not how it works in rich schools though, and anything in New Hyde Park is a rich school. Even though it sometimes happens (like converting an older school into an elementary school it's pretty obvious the author just mashed movie schools together.

Dex-chan lover
It's nice how much she kept trying despite not being able to speak English properly (or understand it). The school should probably assign her a guide or something though (and hopefully there's some type of special curriculum or extra English lessons involved).

Edit: Reading some of the comments and just hearing how vastly different school was for people (I'm assuming in the U.S.) shows we REALLY need a more uniform education system. Not a curriculum but apparently the fundamentals (like how many classes in a day). Then again, I think everyone realizes elementary and middle school are largely a scam (/pointless).

Users who are viewing this thread