Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 3 Ch. 43 - Part time job

The picture, in the beginning, is a reference to this old story about a little girl who is homeless and she only has a box of matches and when winter comes she lights them all and in the end, she burns to death

Fed-Kun's army
I can speak from experience that those mascot outfits get freaking hot really quick, especially during the summer heat

Dex-chan lover
Ah, yes, the tissue-handouts. This is one thing that I've seen many times in manga/anime and despite it being apparently pretty common in Japan, I don't fully comprehend how exactly it works.

I mean, disposable tissues are very handy to have available, but why are they handed out like this? Is it a public service (paid for by taxes)? Is it a form of advertisement, like the tissues have the company logo on them? Why is it rude to approach and ask for tissues when someone is handing them out (if you need tissues, isn't this the prime place to obtain them)?

Dex-chan lover
Why is it rude to approach and ask for tissues when someone is handing them out (if you need tissues, isn't this the prime place to obtain them)?
It wasn't that it would be rude, it was that these people are usually so aggressively handing them out, it was more of a "How pathetic do you have to be to seek them out yourself?" sort of thing going through her head.

Dex-chan lover
That was way too easy to guess a person in costume from the beginning, and still I was surprised and hit my forehead with a palm
@bushwhacker2k what Glomoro said + japanese mentality, they have some weird points sometimes about what is lowly
@XFlame frozes maybe?

Group Leader
I also experience being a mascot and I had to dance outside the restaurant to attract some passerby and boy that was so hot. I had to wear a long-sleeved shirt and track pants to minimize the drenching of the suit (company rules) but it didn't help. lol

Users who are viewing this thread