Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu.

Group Leader
I'm pretty sure what monkey (or moron) was responsible for that chapter 200 with their preachy, holier-than-thou (though very hypocritical) attitude. As a proofreader and typesetter myself, I couldn't even finish reading the chapter since it was so abysmally, horrendously bad in both respects that I just couldn't stomach it. I'm pretty sure even a google translation would've been better. Unfortunately, that chapter is still available elsewhere.

Dex-chan lover
Hah.. finally caught up!
This is the best. It gives me occasional diabetes, seizures an heart attacks

Dex-chan lover
@Nihilist1
Thanks, but I have strengthened my resolve to forget about this and wait for a year to stack up the chapters and enjoy binging it again

Dex-chan lover
I like how no one liked that dumb lesbo character and she was written off the story more or less

More authors need to do this

Even tho i do t see that much komi in the recent chapters im still enjoying this. Kinda like a weird neglect play

Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm not all that much enjoying this current arc with the class elections.

WHY ARE U ALL COMPLAINING WHEN WE JUSY GOT A KOMI IN GAKURAN????? Like people, stop complaining and just love every bit of chance u get to see komi and the gang's shenanigans. Also you need to develop side characters too at some point if you want good story, otherwise its gonna be boring. Same shit again and again where komi is awkward and tadano helps and everyone cheers. Supporting characters need to develop. Plus komi in gakuran people, boy uniform. Focus on tue important part

@redsox02

No one's complaining about developing side-characters; In fact, the whole draw of this manga is for Komi and crew to interact with 100 side-characters and gain their friendship. The issue is that, pretty much up until this arc, there has always been some sort of enjoyable payoff in reading and learning about the new character. Unfortunately, there hasn't been near enough investment in these characters for the majority to care. For this character, all that enjoyment ended about 3-to-5 chapters ago and seems like it's going to drag on even longer.

You're 100% right, side characters need to develop. However, when they take the main focus, they had better be inticing enough for us to either want to learn more about them or else to stick around to see how they resolve the situation. Speaking specifically: they should have developed to the point that the audience cares. If not, then the best way to get the audience to care is to directly tie their situation in with characters we're already invested in. Unfortunately, the only character this arc remotely impacts is sweat girl, who (while she was a fun gag character) could move away and never be mentioned again for all we care. We get it - germophobe girl and sweat girl have a bad history that need to be resolved. But whether or not they become better or worse friends won't really impact anyone else until maybe three arcs down the road. All of this could've been resolved in three chapters or less. Back to being in terms of payoff, it might even be a hilarious gag for the next chapter to skip the rest of the arc and just tell us the bare results of what happened with the two in a newspaper heading. Barring that, the only pleasure in the foreseeable future is this arc ending and getting to move onto the next side character.

@RoamingFry but it wasnt just ase who's getting the development here, this arc has been about Stuco election. It feels like its an uber long ones coz ase is also related to this along with kiyoko introduction. We cant just have all the development to tie into the komi all the time is what im saying just to make it interesting. This is interesting itself. How else would we have known why ase is self conscious about herself? Or the hinted relationship of ase and kiyoko on the kiyoko introduction? We already got the payoff for kiyoko's story so now were about to get one for ase.

i prefer this over letting story arcs dispates just cause we want more komi story coz thats definitely what most care. I mean you noticed how in the first yearmost of the side character only got like one chapter explanation about them because their part in the story is small. This one is a long one coz its probably a dip on longer intertwined story arcs compared to early chapters as it feels more slice of life now than comedy. Plus the fact that these two will prolly have to play more roles in the future as they are getting a more solid development.

And i wouldnt say there wont be an effect on how the main story goes. Now that komi has learned to make friends she's now learning to support hers. As she feels indebted to their friendship with her. And i bet there will be a story arc that would need a friend in stuco at some point hence the addition of kiyoko coz the author seems to have a good grasp of how he wants the story to go And how they all intertwine.

I was exaggerating tho on my comment but show this arc some love.it shows that the author care a lot about the story that he doesn't just want high number of readers by milking komi and tadano gags but is actually giving side character some care.

@redsox02 @RoamingFry Is it just me or
jVJO8ob.jpg

Group Leader
why the heck her eyes are so big? Am I the only one who notice this thing?
edited: overrated.

@YellowChica hahahi was thinking of the same thing typing that but i was already almost half an essay done so why not just post it 😬 also komi in gakuran wassup

Users who are viewing this thread