Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu.

Dex-chan lover
@konzolmester nah, it's gonna be one of those "how did the author fuck up so badly". Komi was legitimately good at the beginning, but ever since the class change, it has been steadily going downhill.

Double-page supporter
@konzolmester Maybe because people just want some light reading after tough days at work? Clearly you're new to SoL genre from the manner you speak.

@SuperRadi Idk why you said 2nd year is downhill, if anything 2nd year class proved to be more supportive rather than the 1st one. Komi doesn't necessarily put on pedestal every time and tadano ain't bullied like he did in 1st year. And quite a lot of major events happened on the 2nd year that improved komi's growth on communication, your critic seems baseless to me.

@Nihilist1 Nah, been reading mangas for ~20 years now every genre you can imagine. I just can't follow the trend with low effort bad art paired with 2-3 pages.
Everyday after I'm done with work / sport and I read some updated mangas, all of them are at least 10 pages. Anything less than that is considered just an illustration to me.
If you ask me I think the mainstream media took this one over the top. WAY over the top.

Double-page supporter
@konzolmester Huh, sounds like it's a 'you' problem to me. I don't care what you consider manga or illustrations or whatever your preferences are, as long as you enjoy it then good for you, have fun with that. But simply calling something you don't like overrated is just distasteful.

Double-page supporter
@konzolmester Listen here dude, you are entitled to whatever opinion you had on something. But calling it overrated without explaining further why the afromentioned show is overrated is just plain stupid as you don't contribute anything to the discussion.

@Nihilist1 I just stated two main reason, more than enough for this kind of comment section. I didn't think I would have to write an essay on a manga aggregator sites comment section just because some deffensive bloke demants explanation why his/her favorite manga is not to everyones liking. Have a nice day .

Double-page supporter
@konzolmester The only thing you do here is just shouting bunch of series are overrated, as if getting called out for it isn't enough you now resort to calling me kid with no reason whatsoever, what a grown up you are. It's weird tho since most aggregator sites stole theirs from mangadex so clearly that's not the case, please help yourself with that info. Have a good day.

Double-page supporter
@ExpertSoviet If you looked up what I said before, I did say just because you don't like it doesn't mean the manga is overrated. A lot of people likes it and we are near 300 chapters in! Just shouting it was overrated over and over again doesn't prove a damn point, actually the term is just flame baiting at this point.

Aggregator gang
It depends on the audience. If it's highly rated, it's usually because of Eastern audiences. Western readers typically have different tastes and are uninterested in a certain pacing or story type. So calling something overrated is your own personal opinion, which is 100% fine! But acting like you're the forefront authority of manga ratings (how long you've been reading makes no difference, It doesn't make you an authority, it just tells us what your hobby is) and your decision on which is over or underrated is not. It's just you being arrogant and self-important, despite whatever you may think.
Keep your opinions to YOUR opinions. Nobody has the right to speak for anybody else.

I got hooked with the art when start reading this manga and accidentally click the recent chapters. I'm glad because I didn't need to waste my time reading 200+ chapters with very slow romance development and the recent art looks bad compared to the old one.
For the new readers that interested with this manga, I think this manga is pretty nice at the start and pretty much recommended if you're the patient type, only interested with the story and didn't mind the art changes (basically the art changed from 8/10 to 5/10). I already dropped this manga because of the art changes and the slow romance development, that's all from me.

Aggregator gang
@jimbojoni: Not from the start, no.
The gyaru girl develops a crush on the MC but but she and Komi confess that to each other and are supporting each other on their romance since they befriended each other and are close ever since they changed classes. Because MC has feelings for Komi, it's near-impossible for the gyaru to win, but we can't help but support her anyway.

Therefor there's TECHNICALLY a love triangle, but not really. And definitely not a harem either. Just slice of life fuzziness about a girl with a communication disorder and a guy supporting her in trying to overcome it.

Users who are viewing this thread