Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Group Leader
Hey, looks pretty nice.
I guess it's been a while since I read this since I didn't even remember it looking that way before, but good work.

Group Leader
Did you ask permission from cirno9baka? Otherwise it's not a good thing to use someone else's translation without permission.

Group Leader
@Tarage I actually didn't ask him. There's a rule on MangaDex (2.3.2) that allows someone to use other groups' scripts if they're being translated to another language, having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws. The latter is what I tried to accomplish with this release. At least according to the rules I don't have to specifically ask for permissions (otherwise someone please add it). Personally I think there is no downside or disrespect in using someones translations if they are credited respectively (not counting official translations of course). But that may be just my own way of thinking. If the release was against the rules, I'll put it down until I asked for permission (if cirno9baka is reachable somehow). I'll ask the mods to make sure if it was okay or not.

EDIT: I asked the mods on Discord. It is allowed "but out of courtesy one should still reach out". I'll try to reach cirno9baka to at least let him know I used his translation.

Group Leader
@FierceDeityLink Using a translator's translation without permission is actually really insulting. As a scanlator I would refuse to work with anyone who did that. Just because Mangadex is amoral with their rules doesn't make it right. Or do you think that sites like MangaHere are also in the right?

Group Leader
@Tarage I'm pretty sure there are some major differences in motivation between using someone's translations and aggregating content (even worse when monetizing it). But overall you have a point. If someone feels insulted as a result, the best intentions are meaningless.

I sent cirno9baka a mail yesterday, but it's possible that he doesn't use it anymore. If someone knows how to get in contact with (or knows) him, please let me know. As he seems to be inactive I'm not sure how to reach him otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
@Tarage i'd say... You're being rather aggressive when the opposite side explains gently a point of view that can be consider ok-ish (not for you apparently but it wasn't really your place to criticize him/her is it ?) sorry to start picking on you but reading that gratuitous "attack" was pretty annoying :p
And to begin with, scanlation isn't really respectful for the authors either neither is it legal... Please, just don't force your own pov on others...

Group Leader
@Lynkaster Thanks for providing your opinion 4 months later. Next time, save us both the hassle and shove it firmly up your ass.

Users who are viewing this thread