Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Ch. 107 - Spirit Contract and the Legendary Blacksmith (3)

I love how people complain about the spirit not being a girl, but i bet people will still complain even if the spirit is a girl.
For me, i actually prefer this rather than the overused op dragon or fenrir which turns out to be a girl.

Dex-chan lover
Hiro’s sword has been in quite a focus in this arc and we don’t get to hear how the sword get to that point and be able to do all those fancy stuff…. I kinda hoped that this is revealed now as the sword becomes a medium.
This is after a bunch of characters, including the beast king commenting that the sword is special in the tournament arc too.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh what a horrible addition to the group, I honestly would rather have anyone in the damn hero party rather then this monkey piece of shit
I'm actually curious what's happening with the 2 he left in the demon lord's care.

Dex-chan lover
Giving up his pretty op sword to get the monkey's lame skills has gotta be the worst trade deal ever. It's blindingly obvious the author's gonna milk the monkey for all the obnoxiousness he can. Can't wait for MC to need his sword and monkey not let him have it because he's a little shit.

Dex-chan lover
I think the dialogue could've been cleaned up a bit and the overall interaction flowed better but I really liked the ending scene. Bringing back something we readers were there to experience and showing some real growth and self reflection. Probably the most redeeming thing out of the chapter.

I love how people complain about the spirit not being a girl, but i bet people will still complain even if the spirit is a girl.
For me, i actually prefer this rather than the overused op dragon or fenrir which turns out to be a girl.
Can't speak for everyone, but for me it has nothing to do with the sex of the spirit and we don't really know how powerful of an asset it is yet. Personally, I'd say the harem aspect of this Manga is one of the worst things about it especially since it goes the loli route and Hiiro himself shows zero interest in the girls romantically (and even has trouble showing his appreciation to them as friends).

The problem is the monkey's personality. It's just straight trash and that's saying a lot considering the other personalities in this series. Hiiro himself has a difficult personality and there's a lot of room for someone to clash with him personality wise and themselves still have merit. The Monkey just came off as a conceited pice of sh*t. He had the personality of a little brat but because he's a spirit also the stubbornness of an old man who thinks he's better than everyone else. So far he's just been annoying and exceptionally so. I don't even want to spend enough time with him for a potential growth arc.

He's also just like the worst partner for Hiiro at the moment. The author needs to do a better job putting Hiiro with people that can challenge while themselves still having valid points. Hiiro himself is still a character that should be getting good consistent development. That doesn't happen when one of the few people to directly challenge him is themselves in need of a personality correction. I get the feeling we're going to see an uptick in pointless arguments and conversations and random antics/asides nobody wants. 🤦

Dex-chan lover
Instead of being a monkey sidekick, he's straight up introduced as a close equal, and isn't a suck-up. I think this monkey subverts a couple of expectations besides not being another loli.

Personality leaves something to be desired, but I'm guessing he's going to be Hiiro's Son Goku rather than a Hideyoshi (hopefully).

Dex-chan lover
And now we are stuck with this monkey...
5b61d7a5-ee5e-49dd-9576-5ba775019ae4-1678391499301.jfif

Users who are viewing this thread