Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Vol. 12 Ch. 60 - Human-Demon Alliance Conference, Part 2

Supporter
Being a naive piece of shit, and/or "just following orders", is no excuse for their being evil pieces of shit.

Oh boo hoo they didn't know, THEY CAN THINK FOR THEMSELVES! It was obviously shady at the start, and now that they're *at* the city it's clearly a one-sided massacre of civilians! Whatever pretense of an excuse they had can't apply anymore, They're not blind. Yet I don't see them doing anything to stop it.

Dex-chan lover
@DianaNites: Not every 15-17 year old is smart enough to understand what's right, what's wrong or what's shady. This applies more so, if every person they had met earlier had been nice to them and had been helping them a lot. So, obviously they would believe those whom they trust. Also, the King presented his story of how his daughter was sacrificed in order to get help from another world so that they could get salvation. All these things helped the King in a way deceive those four (except MC, who had doubts regarding all this from start).

Also, they had been told for so many days that the Demons had massacred countless of humans before, so they still believe the killing is going to stop soon enough.
But as we see those 4 were actually shaken by what they saw and didn't actually attack anyone, and were just standing out in the open.

Double-page supporter
@Morose and based on your scenario we have to think if demons and dragons are sentient, do they have civilizations. If to both questions answer is "YES", then I would say blindly agreeing to slaughter of dragons and demons makes that christian evil being.

Also, it doesn't matter if heroes are being used, manipulated. As long as they can think and have basic knowledge about other species ( which they do ), they are fully responsible for their actions.

Dex-chan lover
@Stalkerman
The human leaders already have committed many war crimes, so they are all fucked either way. You cant just go starting a full out war DURING a peace conference, further more attacking non-combatants and/or civilians. Well, at least if this world even has war crimes.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, so the dog guy is a demon not beastkin? Wut? How do you classify which is which?

Dex-chan lover
@zek777: No he is a Beastkin.
(don't remember if he is half-ling or pure though)
There is a reason why he supports the current Demon King, which would be eventually revealed.

Dex-chan lover
I think I am gonna drop this.
HUMANITY BAD HURR DURR is an atrocious trope used by trash authors.

Aggregator gang
@panzerkampfwagyu depending on how much its follows the Webnovel theres more going on then just your simple hurdur humans bad. i also like to point out that this war is partily because of what happended before and reflects kinda what happens in real life.(with these nations having tried invading eachother before)

Damn puppet heroes that cant think for themselves. Oh gee here we go massacring civilians and attacking state that wanted peace, "suppressing" my ass you fucking tool.

Double-page supporter
EXPLOOOOOOOOSION. Megumeme would approve of his final stand.

Fed-Kun's army
@Morose Ornoth isn't beastkin. He's a half as he uses red energy
[/red energy can only be used through a combination of magic (human or demons) and 'vitality' (haki that beastkin are proficient in) ]

Fed-Kun's army
so much to respond to...

first, how can a modern person not recognize genocide...
because the only genocides that has happened in modern times have been hellholes with no eyes watching it at all.
we have bad things happening in the world, but shy of a war that gets live streamed we will never see the horrors, only know the stories.
before anyone asks 'what about nazis' nazi is very much like a few other words that start with n, f, or the way its going soon pedo (google the sorceress from dragons crown, according to some people if you find her attractive you are a pedo) where it will have been thrown around so much it lost all meaning or in the case of the two words I won't write out, the definition changed completely in modern usage. what use to mean a genocidal regime now means you are not as left as me.
When the word gets tossed around so much that when you learn its origin in school, but someone you know constantly gets called it and they aren't bad, you start thinking what you learned is wrong.
I don't know how history is taught around the world, but american history we learned the same thing 12 times just with bits of truth poured into dumbed down for kids to understand history only to have it taught again with a bit more truth. Really wish they taught the grey area where our guns were very accurate and our soldiers were very good at hitting targets, but the death count was that low relatively speaking (push come to shove most people don't want to kill people without a metric shitton of conditioning, if I remember right there are a few movies in modern times that show the efficacy of military and it seems like its fake despite being based on real numbers) or how to understand how things like nazis came to power instead of just that they were bad (on the europe front, it wasn't uncommon for the two sides to lay arms down because neither side wants to kill each other, another thing that never got taught in school). There is likely more to be said here but this went on long enough

second, the hero's if I remember right and if they ln/manga adaptation is close to the wn, and I don't know how much of this is spoiler, because by this point in the story the hero side was more or less completely shown
The king didn't care about piece, the king knew about changes in the ranks, but didn't care. he got heros for two reasons, 1, if they were good enough they could be an asset and two, if they weren't good, they could be used as a rallying figurehead the moment he decided they were worthless he stopped telling them what they were doing, and lied to them every single step of the way. the hero's had absolutely no idea what they were in for, if I remember right they were told they were going in to suppress, or that everyone there was a hardened combatant. but what they saw were civilians running or defending families, not a standing army ready to die for the cause. they do get bitched out buy hero soon enough, the main thing that separates them from hero is that they are still under that mindset of follow the authority figure while hero was more or less someone who thought for himself from the beginning. now this is a bit of a spoiler but not major, more or less said in the bitching out portion
hero was ok with leaving them without saying anything because the girls seemed to not fully trust what the king was saying and that they would probably make the right choices.
I don't blame the hero's for how they got suckered in, it's more that I pity them. the wn painted this alot.. grimmer then the manga is. if I remember right they lost all will to fight eirly on and just wanted to survive but were not willing to fight for it.

As for this war in general, everyone has a reason for this to happen, but it didn't need to happen.

Dex-chan lover
@panzerkampfwagyu

Sounds like you're one of those, "Humans are the best, all other races can be fine but they can't be as good as or above humans." fools. It's like you think a military under an insane ruler can't do bad things. Getting real sick of the 'Humanity fuck yeah' crew. Go ahead and drop it, no one needs your blind bias.

Dex-chan lover
The demons should surrender to forces, that kill civilians with the order "Kill as many as possible!"? Are they nuts or dumb? The most obvios thing to see is, that if they surrender, the invaders will start to wipe them out in a "civil" manner.

Do they even consider really consider, that they might have been lied to? I guess, because they even mentioned to each other, that this is nothing like they have been told them. But if you see a civil city invaded, one with obviously open markets and shops, that makes a free and open impression, and the invaders start killing indiscriminately unarmed and helpless people, it is obviously an atrocity and they ARE part of it, if they are helping.

lol, these humans are f---in dumb as bricks. "Id expect them to have surrendered, but still this is pretty one sided" Surrender doesnt enter into the equation when you show up slaughtering villagers with your giant zombie monsters my dude

Users who are viewing this thread