Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Vol. 6 Ch. 26 - The Fairies' Garden

Dex-chan lover
Queen of fairies is Ninniaho and spirit king is Eskoaho.

You don't need to know what that means. It's just a joke.

• Funny
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
>Go to fairy land
>They're wearing sombreros and taking siestas
>Their leader, Nina (with that squiggly shit over the second "n"), gives me a churro and some guacamole

Also... This chapter does not mesh up with Hiro's personality AT-FUCKING-ALL. Suddenly sees flying little fairies that are surprised he can see them? Suddenly make a portal appear and beckon him to follow? TAKES FUCKING MUIR WITH HIM WHILE THE OTHER TWO SLEEP WITH NO ONE TAKING WATCH (!!! very big no-no and NOT cool) FOR HOURS? Yeah, no. This is Mr. Antisocial "that sounds like a pain, so no." It's not like she offered him access to the fairyinterwebs or library. Just... dumb break of character. Which is made all the more hilarious when he then immediately suspects the drinks of being poisoned and talks of being cautious (apparently fucking not). Maybe if you're concerned about such things, DON'T jump in random portals that fairies suddenly open and beckon you to go into.

...Especially more disturbing since he's a bookworm and likely knows, even in general, some of the western folklore (or, hell, stories about similar Japanese yokai) where fairies are FAAAAAAAR from mischievous little cute winged flying girls and can enter the downright terrifying. Torchwood and True Blood both kinda touched on this, for example. And fairies in Torchwood were just so god damn otherworldly and dangerous that basically no one fucked with them.
To give you an idea of how dangerous and terrifying, they make a threat where if they aren't given what they want, they'll tear apart the world. Considering that they can fuck with... spacetime... or something... and can basically manipulate whatever they want, everyone quickly capitulates. Also, going from that episode, probably... NOT... a good thing to be associated with or be an emissary/ambassador/plaything of fairies. Just don't take the chance.

Double-page supporter
shorty trying her hardest to concentrate is cute

Fed-Kun's army
>Hiro: i like good food and exploring
>oh fairies invite me over
>big chungus, there should be no harm
> food is great, people are nice
> Get fairy ring (+1 friendship with fairies)
>Nice? I think
> then, fairy queen plants tracker on me!
> wtf, no privacy, pepega

Dex-chan lover
Fairies are meddlesome and capricious beings, even when they're being benign.

Dex-chan lover
Just how careless is this fool?
Didn't anyone ever tell him not to eat faerie food? It might not be poisoned, but the fair folk do NOT have the same concepts of help and harm as humans do. They'd probably regard putting him to sleep for a hundred years as doing him a favour.

Well.. the MC broke character. Even tho the fairies are "all-seeing" the queen doesn't tell him about encrypted word of his magic, but instead go about reading mc's mind and telling it to other people because they care about a little girls feelings? yeah.. this fairy BS chapter was just pure trash..

Dex-chan lover
@rberger It has been said many times in the comments of past chapters: He doesn't know what might trigger the rebound, which has killed many unique magic users in the past, according to the soothsayer. As such, it would be much safer to use quantitative, not qualitative words. "Burn" or "blaze" will just create an amount of heat energy to burn something. A lesser target might burn to death, a stronger target might just find it annoying (it's not something like "burn to ashes", after all). As opposed to that, "death"/"die" would mean it would kill both a tiny insect or a humongous dragon. Logically you would need a billion times more energy/effort to kill the dragon, yet it would seemingly take the same word from Hiiro. I don't know about you, but I'd say that would be the exact place where the rebound would happen, and it would be Hiiro himself who died, not the dragon.

I'd say he took a risk even when targeting Arnold with the "sleep". It could have bounched back as well, seeing how Arnold is not a weakling. However, if it had only led to Hiiro himself falling asleep for a time, it's no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread