Kono Ko Shirimasenka? - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - Death, Car, and Reason

Dex-chan lover
So its the boss, didnt expect that, normally those are very one note.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if village legend will be bought up again. Really give me a higurashi vibe.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck, do I want to translate the mojibake?
isn't mojibake literally untranslateable? or just some standalone kanji by themselves mixed in with nonsense where he still sounds like a glitched chara lol

Dex-chan lover
isn't mojibake literally untranslateable? or just some standalone kanji by themselves mixed in with nonsense where he still sounds like a glitched chara lol
If you know how they are generated and depending on how much data retains, it ranges from somewhat undecipherable to fully revertible. For example, in the 3rd mojibake bubble, he was saying "long time no see".
ひさしぶりだね -> 縺イ縺輔@縺カ繧翫□縺ュ
This kind of mojibake where there are a lot of half width katakana and a lot of kanji with 糸 radical is a big giveaway they are generated by encoding with utf8 and decoding with shiftjis.
All the ? are wildcards so the more there are and the shorter the text is, the more difficult it is to get back the original text due to how much data is lost.

Maybe I'll attempt later when I'm not literally vomiting blood

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
From suicidal lolicon to super-sleuth avenger. I'm glad the investigators and the medium will have more to do in this story other than finding his dead body hanging from a branch lol

Dex-chan lover
holy fuck can't believe I spent 4 hours on this and actually managed to get most, if not all of it done

long version if you want to know the logistics, or skip to the translation below

Most symbols are rotated 90 degrees clockwise. If you see ->, it's originally ↑.

繧?≠縲?
Not sure, might be something like "やあぁ". It does mostly match up.

縺。縲√??縺ゅ″
Likely calling her name. I remember from the last mojibake attempt ちあき -> 縺。縺ゅ″. 2 wild cards for a string this short is just impossible to decode. "Chiaki" does line up a bit.

縺イ縺輔@縺カ繧翫□縺ュ
-> ひさしぶりだね
"Long time no see."

蠖シ縺輔▲縺堺ス輔°險?縺?°縺代◆繧茨シ
彼さっき何か??????けたよ?
The missing verb is likely 言 since 言 -> 險?.
"Did he try to say something just now?"

譛?蠕後∪縺ァ閨槭°縺ェ縺?〒谿コ縺励■繧?□繧√□
??後まで聞かな????殺しち????めだ
Likely 最後まで聞かなくて殺しちゃだめだ. Doesn't fully match, but matches more than enough to establish the meaning.
"Don't kill him without listening till the end."

蠖シ縺ッ驥崎ヲ√↑莠九r險?縺?。縺代◆
彼は重要な事を????けた
Verb is likely 言 again.
"He had something important to say."

繧医?∞菅縺ョ譛ェ邱エ縺ォ繧る未菫ゅ☆繧九%縺ィ縺?
よ??????の未練にも関係すること??
No fucking idea. Let me know if you can plug something in よ___の未練, probably 2 letters?
Guesswork: "It's something to do with his(?) regrets."

縺サ繧峨?√b縺?ク?蠎ヲ縺。繧?s縺ィ閨槭>縺ヲ
ほら???も????度ち????と聞いて -> ほら、もう一度ちゃんと聞いて
How the fuck did I get this right
"Go listen to him again, carefully this time."

縺?◆縺溘◆縺溘◆
????たたたた
"Ouchie"

縺?>繧???遒コ縺九↑菴輔°諤昴>蜃コ縺励※縺?◆
????????確かな何か思い出して????
Lost half the sentence but it's easy to guess the meaning.
"Didn't he say he remembered something?"

縺翫♀縺翫??蠖シ縺ッ縺ェ縺九↑縺玖ウ「縺?↑
おおお???彼はなかなか賢????
"Ohhh, he's a bright one."

縺昴?騾壹j縺?
そ??通り?? -> その通りだ
"Exactly."

縺サ繧峨??險?縺」縺溘§繧"↑縺?°
ほら?????ったじ?"??????
たじゃないか -> 縺溘§繧?↑縺?°, and 言 converts to 險?
so it's likely ほらね言ったじゃないか
"See, didn't I tell you so?"

縺?d縺ゅ??譛ャ蠖薙↓雉「縺?ク?邱偵↓騾」繧後※縺?”縺溘>縺上i縺?□
????あ???本当に賢????緒に連れて???たいくら????
Managed to get a few words here and there:
縺?d縺ゅ?? is something like ahaha
譛ャ蠖薙↓雉「 -> 本当に賢
縺?ク? was encountered above and decodes to う一. Thing is a lot of hiragana encodes to 縺?, in this case it's not う but rather い for 賢い.
縺溘>縺上i縺?□ -> たいくら???? -> たいくらいだ
"Aha, he's really smart. I want to take him along."

縺シ窶ヲ蜒輔?縺帙>縺九>?
ぼ…僕??せいかい? -> ぼ…僕のせいかい?
"W-Why is it my fault?"

Hiya, Chiaki.
Long time no see.

Did he try to say something just now?
Don't kill him without listening till the end.
He had something important to say.
It gotta be something to do with his regrets.
Go listen to him again, carefully this time.

Ouchie
Didn't he say he remembered something?

Ohhh, he's a bright one.

Exactly.

See, didn't I tell you so?

Aha, he's really smart. I want to take him along.

W-Why is it my fault?

Dex-chan lover
holy fuck can't believe I spent 4 hours on this and actually managed to get most, if not all of it done
Jesus Christ, that's impressive work.

I was about to ask you to do the Investigation Report card at the end of Volume 1 but I saw you already tried and it was even more fucked than this.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ, that's impressive work.

I was about to ask you to do the Investigation Report card at the end of Volume 1 but I saw you already tried and it was even more fucked than this.
I might take another look later, learned some techniques when I defucked the mojibake yesterday.
Checked and concluded there's nothing else I could do. All the wildcards ate the most important kanji and it's not like dialogue text where you can somewhat guess the meaning from context so it's a lot more difficult.
edit2: nevermind, I threw some programming in and surprisingly managed to unfuck a lot of text. Do take it with a grain of salt because half the text was deduced by code and I still couldn't unfuck some important grammar stuff.

Kiguchi Chiaki/35

Kiguchi Chiaki is a spirit (bourei). Spirits that haunted Kuboyama town in the past can borrow Chiaki's ghost vessel, manifesting their (her?) power. There is also the power of a reaper hidden in that vessel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread