Kono Oto Tomare! - Ch. 128 - Sound of Grey Footsteps

Fed-Kun's army
The decision to spend months worth of chapters on the Uzuki arc was finally fully vindicated by this moment. The author did an unexpectedly great job of gradually pseudo-redeeming Uzuki while still acknowledging that he is/was a piece of shit who can never truly make up for what he did. And then on top of THAT, she layers the payoff of finally revealing Chika's dad, who then immediately gets to sit down and listen this guy Uzuki speak unfiltered about how he psychologically tormented his son and ruined his life just when it was getting back together (and recently failed at a second attempt).

And THEN Chika's dad gets to just sit there as Uzuki looks into his eyes and smugly tells him straight to his face that he would have realized Chika was innocent if he had ever once taken a proper look at him as a son or even as a human being. And he can't say ANYTHING back despite the absurdity of being insulted by this guy, because he knows it's true.

It's a moment that only works and makes sense narratively because of the time that was taken to illustrate Uzuki's personality to the readers, namely the twisted pride and joy he takes in his borderline worship of Chika. The same traits that made him a despicable and kind of boring/stereotypical villain also made him the best possible tool to instantly shatter Chika's dad's fragile self-justifications for the way he treated Chika himself in an unexpected but believable and satisfying way, despite it happening just a few pages after Chika's dad was revealed.

Amyuu stays forever cooking.

Contributor
I don't super care about the dad feeling better, but I want him to make amends so that Chika can be happier. Chika deserves all the love and happiness in the world.

Imagining Chika's pain while growing up really made me cry :cry:
Their reunion or reconciliation is only for Chika, I couldn't care less if his father feel better...

Chika's father remembering him from a little boy who calls for him to a teenage boy who doesn't care anymore, and little Chika apologizing for being born made me shed tears.

Users who are viewing this thread