Kono Oto Tomare! - Ch. 131 - My Story

Aggregator gang
People love to hate on her because she's ugly meanwhile the other just insulting her but praised, like there's no way to resolve the problem without calling her out yeah right

Dex-chan lover
Miran actually did need that verbal smackdown, I guess. Everybody else has either been dismissive or comforting, and sometimes... Well, sometimes you just need to have a cold glass of water thrown in your face.
She also needed the compliments. Compliments she knows are sincere because of how they're wrapped in shit that's embarrassing for everyone in the room, including her.

Dex-chan lover
Fight, fight, fight! I mean, uh, can't you guys settle your differences?
But really, the other ones are no different but she takes the cake with regards to that toxic mindset and attitude. And what she lacks is imagination? I was expecting the other girl to say, "empathy" instead, though I guess it is "imagining yourself in others' shoes."

There's a saying, "You're not the only one having it rough, some are even worse off than you."

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
This might be one of my favorite chapters of this series. We’ve had many, many, many chapters with this format and they are a big reason why I love this manga so much, but this one feels different. These emotional outbursts are usually unabashedly melodramatic and have an over-the-top sincerity to them that makes you fall in love with its beautiful, if naively depicted, characters. This chapter on the other hand was sharp and smooth, delivered by two characters who are just plainly not as lovable as the rest of the cast. It’s not even like they’re presented as unlikable as the only characters who were presented as so were those guys who didn’t take prelims seriously. This manga promotes sincerity as an ultimate quality, and these two are as sincere as it gets. But they’re not the sweethearts this manga is known for, and they probably won’t change dramatically even after this confrontation, but that’s what is so exciting about this chapter. Imari’s been slowly boiling in the background and when she burst, that shit was cold and sharp and forcefully cut Miran’s self serving barriers to shreds and made her (and the audience to a certain extent) have to acknowledge the humanity of the other Ichiei members for the first time. I think it really shows the power of this chapter how people in these comments are struggling with finding a clear good guy/bad guy dynamic that the entire series has thrived on so far. I don’t know where we’re going obviously, but I really doubt we’re going to get a super clean conclusion to these characters and I really dig that. Max, we get a scene where Miran apologizes to Luka, but Miran’s weird upbringing, the lowkey purposeful malpractice of Kifune sensei, and the uncertain career status of the other Ichiei students will probably not be resolved. This is one of the most real arguments in this entire manga and it’s got me reinvigorated in a way that I haven’t been for the last year or so.

Dex-chan lover
I think it really shows the power of this chapter how people in these comments are struggling with finding a clear good guy/bad guy dynamic that the entire series has thrived on so far.
Au contraire, it seems to me the comment section is pretty unified as for who's responsible for the debacle seen.

Double-page supporter
Not a fan of this arc at all, so blonde girl knew exactly what was going on in her head how?
And of course this still will work out into a brilliant performance, when it should about crush them as a group.

Users who are viewing this thread