Kono Sankaku Love Come wa Shiawase ni Naru Gimu ga Aru. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Weird how an MC that doesn't wanna fuck every hole that moves is called a coward.
Weird how someone idiotically thinks that I'm equating that with cowardice, when the MC is actually being cowardly in an abject manner about doing what he ought to do, restoring that book to the possession of its owner.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Even if I hadn't read the oneshot this was based on, I kinda saw it coming with how Sumeragi was acting towards Leila. She was a bit too possessive.

Also, it seems in the serialization, Tenma isn't childhood friends with them. I think it's better this way. The oneshot, which had different names for all of them, had the girls get together as a punchline. I don't think it would have worked in the serialization.

Dex-chan lover
Another manga that tries to normalize a cowardly MC.
yeah it's kind of cringe, but I think it's just so readers in Japan have a way to self insert. With that being said, there are worse and more cowardly MCs out there. At least his actions (for now) are somewhat reasonable

Dex-chan lover
Also, how much y'all wanna bet the next chapter goes something like this
1. the black haired girl somehow finds out it was our MC who took the book
2. She interrogates him and asks if he saw anything
3. he's scared and tries to deny it, but he's a horrible actor so she realizes it was him
4. she threatens him to help him get with the other girl
5. ???
6. profit

Dex-chan lover
Weird how someone idiotically thinks that I'm equating that with cowardice, when the MC is actually being cowardly in an abject manner about doing what he ought to do, restoring that book to the possession of its owner.
Because "that" is the only thing that could be seen as cowardice from our little MC's behaviour so far, as inane as that notion was. Him just returning the book immediately is not a show of bravery. It's idiotic.

Not immediately returning that bombshell of a book is perfectly understandable. You have to consider the culture of this manga. It's Japan, where social reputation is pretty mighty important. That's why he didn't just give the book back to the girl in front of everyone, since otaku culture is seen as a pretty lowly thing.

Should he returned the book to her right then and there, he risk putting down her social reputation. And more importantly, his own. People would gossip about why he returned the book in front of everyone. People might accuse him of doing it intentionally by stealing it from her bag to ridicule her, and similar hypothetical situations. The truth doesn't matter to people, what they want is spicy stories, and spicy stories are what they will project.

That part of Japan's culture is fucking dumb, but it is how it is. I heard that the newer generations are not following it as hard as the previous ones. Anyway, my place has a similar kinda thing going on as well (though not as intense as JP), so I can easily understand why the MC was all hesitant.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Should he returned the book to her right then and there, he risk putting down her social reputation.
Nope. To minimize her embarrassment, he had to reassemble it and return it as if unexamined. But, in any case, her social reputation was in no danger unless he began informing others about the book. At worst, he had to deal with a hostile and suspicious private reaction from her. He wigged-out because he's a coward.

So spare me all your blahblahblah after your earlier attack.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think it's just so readers in Japan have a way to self insert.
Writing stories for readers who self-insert when presented with such a character becomes self-fulfilling. Potential readers who despise such characters will be driven-away, and a disproportionate share of the readers who are left will indeed be like such characters.

The deeper problem is not confined to Japan. That problem is of producers of popular fiction who don't present aspirational heroes except to mock them, producers who want our norms to weakness and vice.

Dex-chan lover
Nope. To minimize her embarrassment, he had to reassemble it and return it as if unexamined. But, in any case, her social reputation was in no danger unless he began informing others about the book. At worst, he had to deal with a hostile and suspicious private reaction from her. He wigged-out because he's a coward.

So spare me all your blahblahblah after your earlier attack.
Returning the book as if unexamined is a given. The MC doesn't seem to be an idiot, so it's safe to assume that he would do that. What's important here is the MC's personality. From what's available, it's clear that the MC would rather solve this quietly. He's not the full frontal, charge ahead, type of MC. Which is not a good reason for calling a character a coward for.

Well, you could, but that's just isn't fair. I could call a character with the ability to fly a coward for hesitating from jumping off of the 23rd floor. But that's just ain't fair to the character isn't it?

The point is, so far none of the MC's action is cowardly. Being cowardly in this situation is if the MC found the book, realized it's a Yuri book, realized who the owner was, found the owner'a Yuri drawing of the owner's own friend and herself, then immediately shoving the book back into the hole it came from in order to avoid trouble.

The MC didn't do that. He fully intent to return the book, while still considering the aftermath of what would happen to him afterwards (I don't know if the author considered my
blahblahblah
Into the plot or not. If they do, nice. If they don't, then I was just reading too much into it). Regardless, my point stands. As of this chapter, the MC has yet to show any cowardly behaviour. If anything, the MC showed some amount of bravery by still trying to return the book to it's owner despite the (trope-y) risks.

Edit: Shit I just realized, you said I attacked you? What fucking attack? I'm pretty sure in all my replies to you I only ever used non-hostile words for the specific purpose of NOT attacking you. Let me check- YEAH! I did not attack you ONCE in my first or second reply to you. If anything, you attacked ME in your first reply to me since you wrote "idiotically"! And still I didn't attack you in my reply to YOUR attack of me. What the fuck were you on about? Way to apply pot calling the white marble floor black! Funny ain't it?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
restoring that book to the possession of its owner.
Returning the book as if unexamined is a given. The MC doesn't seem to be an idiot, so it's safe to assume that he would do that.
Being cowardly in this situation is if the MC found the book, realized it's a Yuri book, realized who the owner was, found the owner'a Yuri drawing of the owner's own friend and herself, then immediately shoving the book back into the hole it came from in order to avoid trouble.
Your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired. The MC — after the first of his two wiggings-out — subvocalizes “I'll just put it ba—”, so obviously restoring it to her possession is not a given with this coward, who is instead planning to leave her as exposed as he found her. Then, his having already discovered that he'd stumbled upon private writing, when a piece of papers slips out of the book, he chooses to read it and then wigs-out again, another expression of his cowardice (coming after his wilful intrusiveness). He shoves the book back into the hole whence it came in order to avoid trouble, and then he quite literally runs away from the situation.

Dex-chan lover
Your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired. The MC — after the first of his two wiggings-out — subvocalizes “I'll just put it ba—”, so obviously restoring it to her possession is not a given with this coward, who is instead planning to leave her as exposed as he found her. Then, his having already discovered that he'd stumbled upon private writing, when a piece of papers slips out of the book, he chooses to read it and then wigs-out again, another expression of his cowardice (coming after his wilful intrusiveness). He shoves the book back into the hole whence it came in order to avoid trouble, and then he quite literally runs away from the situation.
*Before you read this, I made an edit on the bottom of my previous reply. You should probably read that, if you don't, then my change in wording here might not makes sense to you.

Holy fuck man, you really don't want to lose huh? Even going so far as misrepresentating the situation in the chapter. It's a good thing that I didn't blindly believe your words and reread the fucking chapter.

Here. Let me slowly and step by step lay out the stituation in the chapter for you. Hell, for someone that dares insulted someone else of their reading comprehension, yours certainly aren't any better. Either that, or you are lying through your teeth.

- First the MC discovered the book in page 16. He found out the content of the book in the same page.

- Then the MC protected the book's secret from being found out by his friend in page 17. He found out that the owner of the book was possibly the black haired girl (from here on she will be "the girl") in the next page.

- He spent page 18 and 19 imagining what would happen if the owner was not the girl and he returned the book. From his last monologue, we can assume that he spent the school day waiting for the owner to ask about the book in class.

- The girl is now confirmed to be the owner of the book based from her reaction in page 20. Important Notice, it is now "After School".

- in page 21 he noted that she was nervous about people finding out her book.

- in page 22, after the girl's outburst and subsequent fall into depression, the MC wishes that the girl would just come out and ask about the book already so he can return it to her. As he said, he lost his chance of returning the book to her due to her outburst and fall. If he approached her and told her, or return the book to her, it would just attract too much attention. Attention that the girl surely would not want. IMPORTANT NOTE: Nobody knows that she lost a book. Nobody except the MC. And obviously if people knew that it's a book that got her all hot and bothered, then they would naturally question what was in the book. She wouldn't want that.

- in page 23 she ran out of the classroom. It's assumed that she's retracing her steps, trying to find the book. A fair assumption, given how in distressed the girl was. Of course she would go back around her day trying to find her lost item.

- in page 24, the MC waited for the girl to come back to the empty classroom. The empty classroom being the perfect place to return the book to her, thus he waited there, assuming that the girl would return to search the classroom. He couldn't have possibly chased her, since chasing her would attract attention which the girl wouldn't like. Him waiting there is also a fair. Given that he assumed that she was going around looking for her book, he assumed that her own classroom was one of the place that she would come back to.

Only after the sky is darkened did he considered putting the book back to the desk, leaving the whole returning the book thing for tomorrow.

- in page 25, as he tried to return the book back, he found out another bombshell. That is the girl has been having Yuri fantasies about her own friend.

- Overwhelmed, he ran back home feeling quite obviously unamused, shocked, troubled, what have you. Only after he found out about that last part did he hurriedly returned the book to the desk.

There. That's how the chapter played out. There's no show of cowardice in this chapter at all. The situation played out in a way that did not allow the MC to freely approach the girl. Otherwise he would attract attention far more than necessary, and obviously the girl wouldn't like attention drawn into the item that made her so desperate.

Sheesh. If I were in that situation and found out that one of my classmates had been having Yuri fantasies about another classmate, I would also be overwhelmed. Heck, I should know since my friend made me and my other friend as fuel for her fujoshi fantasies. In my case, I confronted her about it though, since she was the one that told me about her fantasies right to my face anyway. I just told her to stop (or at least change the name and looks) and I went home with a headache. That was too much development for a middle schooler lol. Good times lol.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Weird how an MC that doesn't wanna fuck every hole that moves is called a coward.
Edit: Shit I just realized, you said I attacked you? What fucking attack? I'm pretty sure in all my replies to you I only ever used non-hostile words for the specific purpose of NOT attacking you. Let me check- YEAH! I did not attack you ONCE in my first or second reply to you. If anything, you attacked ME in your first reply to me since you wrote "idiotically"! And still I didn't attack you in my reply to YOUR attack of me. What the fuck were you on about? Way to apply pot calling the white marble floor black! Funny ain't it?
Your attack was an imputation of a nasty motive to the one person — me — who indeed called the MC a coward. Own it.
Let me slowly and step by step lay out the stituation in the chapter for you.
A slow, step-by-step presentation isn't going somehow to void the point that you had written
Being cowardly in this situation is if the MC found the book, realized it's a Yuri book, realized who the owner was, found the owner'a Yuri drawing of the owner's own friend and herself, then immediately shoving the book back into the hole it came from in order to avoid trouble.
which in fact describes his behavior and choices. (Moreover, in your ostensibly step-by-step presentation, you wilfullly omit the step of his choosing to read a paper amongst material that he already knew to be sensitive.)

Having shot yourself in the foot, by proposing a hypothetical case in which the MC should be seen as a coward, only to find that the story actually conformed to that hypothetical, you are just trying to power-through that embarrassment. When you claim
Holy fuck man, you really don't want to lose huh?
you're simply projecting.

Your best option would be to admit that you were wrong, but at this stage you have yourself so psychologically jammed-up that in would take real courage for you to make such an admission. Your next best option would be to go quiet. The repeated urge to double down only makes things worse for you.

Dex-chan lover
So based on the one shot this would be a yuri or potentially become yuri? If so then they should have tagged it then, wouldn’t be a fun experience for people expecting a normal romcom if the heroine got stolen by the other one in the story down the line.
But then again, it looks like they kinda changed it, the black haired chick become the usual trope of degenerate lesbian stalker instead. But if they changed the blonde chick to like mc instead and the mc like the blonde chick, then that wouldn’t be a love triangle, but the black haired chick is third wheeling.

Users who are viewing this thread