Kono Sekai ga Game dato Ore dake ga Shitte Iru - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Life-Saving Sword

Fed-Kun's army
Can't wait to catch up to the raws, the following chapters seem very interesting, once again, thanks for TL'ing.

I know a couple of games that you can stack negative buffs to heal, one is by design because the game is hard af and its one of the few ways to heal. And the other is a broken thing like this.
On the 2nd one you can full heal if you are hit by certain mobs that do % damage lol

Holy fucking shit I forgot about that. Imagine being saved by a piece of indestructible paper. Hoping MC just hides more key items under his armor.

Dex-chan lover
Author doing 200000 IQ play

It wasn’t a deus ex because it was set up long long time ago.

Aggregator gang
Train-chan got master torch too. Doesn't that mean bug can be exploited by NPC too ?

Dex-chan lover
A remind that Ringo is wayy overlevelled compared to Souma.

Damn, Train-chan using the exploit there at the end. KKKKKK

Dex-chan lover
I got an existential crisis at the beginning there, and now I'm fucked up for the night.

Pretty sure that's not how damage reduction work.. At least in most games...

My god, that was a fantastic chapter. The game equivalent of a bible in your pocket, the annoying as shit tutorial paper that hogs up inventory space. Ringo asserting herself as best girl and Ryden unironically being cool, and our dear MC being strangely awesome and a good person. Hope that he figures out that he likes it in this world better than his own, and I hope that things progress between him and Ringo.

Dex-chan lover
@REDS
Well, it's a buggy game. I wouldn't put it past them to write a logic error or simply not test it enough that causes something like this to happen. The funny part is that they turned it into a feature.
% modifiers stacking additively (A + B + C) instead of multiplicatively (A * B * C) is not uncommon in JRPGs, but it comes down to testing to prevent unexpected effects.
Also, it's not damage reduction, it's attack power. The rings affect the wearer's elemental attack power. Since he got negative elemental attack power, the dark element weapon would then instead heal things.

Kinda reminds me some games where hitting certain enemies actually heals them, while healing will damage them.

@oneesamaa You do realize that this is basically just any bethseda tier game right? Skyrim is about this buggy without mods

Users who are viewing this thread