Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaaku na Mono ga Sumu

Group Leader
The name's actually a reference to the real "Massive Fuck Island," or No-Kono-Shima Island where 5 rabbits (1 male and 4 females) have fucked so much they've produced thousands of rabbits on the island. Incest and Harem are common things there.

I really feel like the author just writes the plot as they go along

PoH

If you want to read it, tough it out until you reach chapter 21, that's when the author start explaining what the hell is going on. Still recommend it. The story is quite sad.

Dex-chan lover
You know I think I've read the first 3 chapters multiple times before, I just forgot I did so. When I do I remember I get this horrible feeling of knowing my life is over and everything set in the future will be despair and hopelessness. I am god.

Fed-Kun's army
The story got REALLY convoluted, so I pieced together what I could. (Warning this is VERY spoiler heavy! Don't read this if you haven't read up to Chapter 40 yet):
This island is cut off from the real world by supernatural means, like in "Let's Lagoon" minus the time travel. The people who live there are actually the original island dwellers and are over 500 years old. They use a form of rebirth to continue living, using the Princess's power for a previous soul to possess a newborn baby birthed on the island. Yoruto, the heroine (?), failed to have this happen to her which is shy she's treated like shit. The Princess is only interested in the MC so more people can do what what she does. Any leftover women who don't have a possessed soul gets locked up in a dungeon in the "king's" mansion. They are used as prostitutes for the men on the island. The island is split from the main village, where everyone lives, and the Endless Village, where the spaceship is hidden. The women are forbidden to ever enter the Endless Village, or Underground Village.

The villagers have a primal mindset where concepts like the sacredness of life, the emotion of love, and certain freedoms are meaningless to them. Sex for the males of the island is for birthing new vessels and women are tools or commodities; sexual livestock and nothing more, even among other women, simply because they can be reborn at any time. Things like marriage and incest are also worthless concepts. Consent is still required, but it's implied that there's an exception if you are not a rebirthed vessel. The men, however, have a different power and are able to rejuvenate their original bodies. So while if women die they can be reborn through a ritual, once a man dies, he stays dead. Sex is also a means of staying connected through the "cursed tree" where the souls reside at. This is because Ichirota asked the villages after the war. Because the women were raped (no rape scenes in the manga, FYI), they wanted to get rid of their old bodies. Because the men were heavily injured to near death, they wanted to be healed. As a result, they no longer consider themselves human anymore.

The MC, Tarou, is treated special since it seems he has the same aptitude as the Princess (theorized that his ancestor somehow escaped the island or that the MC did and just doesn't remember). It's implied he's the descendant of Ichirota, who the original Kannon first met. The MC's power awakening also has him having visions of his past life. As he stays on the island, he slowly loses his morality, viewing the residents as worthless and doesn't care if any of them die. Twice he showed no remorse, even joy, when the heroine's life was on the line, and even killed the brother because he could. He initially tries to hide his sadism, but has slowly been embracing that side of himself. When making contact with the "Cursed Tree", he came in contact with Ichirota's stored memories that fused with him and by Chapter 26 was a mash-up of Ichirota's personality with muddled memories. As the story progresses, Ichirota's personality fully takes over and he spends his time reliving his old life after he gained the technological power but prior to his death as he also sorts through his memories. Unfortunately, he becomes mentally unstable and detached from other people, viewing himself as a being above humanity, finding them interesting or fascinating. He only thinks he's human because he took over Tarou's body. However, he also is able to switch with Tarou's personality at his convenience such as when he experienced pain and wanted to run away.

The "Princess" is later revealed to be the childhood friend of Ichirota, Makie, who despite her young age was deeply in love with Ichirota. It's revealed the real Princess Kannon, her real name is Maha, is from another planet that crashed on earth. She met Ichirota, just a poor villager, who tended to her wounds and learned more about her ship. Makie was jealous of Maha for her voluptuous body, but were friends. Maha and Ichirota fell in love with each other as they were helping Maha out, much to Makie's displeasure. While the original story is that she happily married to the feudal lord later, it was revealed that Oonita, the feudal lord, was a greedy man who took from the islanders. Makie herself was forced to marry his intermediary, a fat and lecherous man she despised, but gave her virginity to Ichirota. After Ichirota slaughtered Oonita and his men, she took the undead army Ichirota created to the mainland and rallied the Oonita clans, becoming Princess Kannon. She then used her role to stablize the clans before another clan destroyed them. She and the original villagers she was with barely escaped back to the island. Makie failed her own resurrection with the original body's soul still active. She keeps herself chained up so that the original soul will be unable to do anything while Makie is asleep or weakened, such as commit suicide. Makie's master plan is to truly resurrect Ichirota by any means necessary, even if it means overwriting Tarou's memories for Ichirota's corrupted memories. After Maha's original body finally died during the story, it's suspected she resurrected herself through Yoruto.

Ichirota is technically also a villain, or maybe anti-hero. He was just a simple villager and became enamored with Maha, whom he mistook as a goddess in the past, and her technology. By using the tech on her ship, he was not only able to bridge the language barrier, but also learn about space and the stars. While he and Makie were lovers at some point, his heart belonged to Maha. He even made plans to restore Maha's ship to go with her to see her home. At some point, he fused with the "cursed tree" and is able to access it's powers, affecting the original villagers and rebirthed women with a simple touch. Because of this, even though he was loved blindly by Makie, he was feared and hated by everyone else. The marriage talks between Makie and Oonita's intermediary failed and Oonita went to war on the island, but he and his army was slaughtered by Ichirota. He then used their bodies to create undead soldiers and took over Oonita's territory. He then conspired with Makie to have her "marry" Oonita over on the mainland, causing the story of Princess Kannon to happen. This is because he used the technology to create the ability for men to rejuvenate and women to be reborn. It's revealed that the true Ichirota is dead, but he left a copy of his memories in the "Cursed Tree." When the MC was born, he only resurrected in body, not in mind. /spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread