The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

I thought this would be an interesting twist, but all it is is your standard OP MC isekai story but the MC is even more insufferable than usual.

Supporter
Oh, this enemy has 1/3rd of my stats, that's higher than expected. Better go back to training!

There's a fine line between caution and paranoia and this mc passed it 30 miles back.
Worlds have ranks now? let's give everything an arbitrary rank, I'm a level 6 commenter and the person above me has a level 4 thetan level.
You reading this are only a quadruple b reader, that is unless you saw the mistake earlier in the text.
And if you fell for that im afraid 1 quarter of your methylated spirit's power has been lost.
Just because the mc didn't insult a child he is seen as being ok? I don't even know anymore

@Revvex

Isn't that usually what happens in JRPGs,though?

I mean, the party usually fights monsters with higher stats than your own (especially bosses),
and once the heroes party reaches a certain point (e.g. 1/3 of the bosses stats to take your example) they are able to defeat the boss.

So as an JRPG player, if you use logic to reverse the situation (i.e. you being the boss and the enemy being the hero substitute)
it will come to you as obvious that the enemy (team) might be able to defeat you if the fight is drawn out and power ups/special techniques come into play.

So in the end, a cautious player will think of both strategic positions on the battlefield and think about the possible outcomes.

Also, there is the possibility that the enemy faked its stats,too.

Everyone condemning the hero of being paranoid just has to think about the possibilities.
He's in a world where most of his logic doesn't apply (which he already found out by training in the goddesses realm).
I'd also think about the possibility that the enemy earns experience/levels up just by being involved in a fight [e.g. executing skills/evading or blocking attacks/attacking, even if it doesn't connect, as it puts strain on the muscle and thus accumulates EXP which can result in leveling (because we know that muscle training causes the levels to rise)]
so he has to be cautious 24/7 as the law of cause and effect works differently than his world and every action & reaction will inevitably change the flow of the battle

If we consider all this he cannot be paranoid. In fact, if he was paranoid he would be locked up in a room and never want to leave it because his every action could as well end the world if not cautiously planned and prepared.

Supporter
@Asriel that's a way more extensive answer than I expected. I have to say I'm usually one to overlevel myself, but I don't usually look at enemy stats that much. However in a lot of games, a difference of 100 stat points on several thousands can already make a huge difference, let alone you having triple the stats of your enemy. So that's basically what I was going by, but I guess there's games like that too.

Group Leader
I've read the LN, and as it turns out, he has 3 more advanced [Fake] skills. His real stats are Level ∞/HP ∞/MP ∞/Atk ∞/Def ∞/Spd ∞/Magic ∞.

This isn't a spoiler. It's a joke.

Was this dropped by Nani? Another group has released up to ch6 but they don't upload here.

Sooo, this series got an animu adaptation today

Where's the update bruh

More chapters are apparently being released on Boredom Society Scanlations. Not sure why didn't post them here but just go search their name.

Can this idiot series have an anime adaptation?

The quality of anime now is really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread