Kon'ya wa Tsuki ga Kirei desu ga, Toriaezu Shine - last - - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Last… and continued

goodbye forever beautiful doctor san :/

yeaa knew hanazono wasnt getting offed lul.

oh—and talk about no last etou sighting..MC doesnt have a pic of the whole crew in his house? oh well

Dex-chan lover
I did really like this series, even if it declined in quality half-way through. But I also wish that it ended with her NOT coming back to life. Would have been a stronger ending.

Surprised every mixed feelings I have about this sequel were properly expressed by the TL team XD. Thank you for keep providing us with the TL, Death Toll =w=)b Gratz to the author for finally finishing the manga as well.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much Death Toll and your afterthought comments pretty much reflected mine, glad this manga got completely scanlated. Japanese authors really need to get into their heads that high quality endings do not necessarily mean a happy one for the protagonists, in fact, when considering premise and context, the protagonists ending up in a favorable, idyllic situation like this is often the weaker way to end things. Well at least this time it's not yet another shitty sequel bait open ending.

Okay so I’ll be honest, I haven’t read this manga at all except for the last 3 chapters because I saw that it finished. It’s been on my pet list for a while but I don’t really read these genres do I’ve just been putting it off though.

The thought just popped into my head after reading the chapter prior to this one and I kind of wanna know what other people think about it. For me personally I don’t think, no matter the circumstances that an ending where either the FL or ML dies can ever be considered a happy ending.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I expected she to kill him the the last page, but this total happy ending is weak....

Dex-chan lover
Wow, it's finaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally over...
Thanks so much for finishing this!

Had to go back and re-skim the previous chapters. First things first, the whiplash in the brutal manner with which they "killed" Hanazono in the last few chapters followed by having everyone emphasize she's really had it now (her body was ravaged by Sonoha's poison, her arm was chopped off, her spinal cord was chewed out, and her heart ripped out of her chest cavity and subsequently crushed) only to have her revive and recuperate with no lasting scars may be one of the most suspension-breaking overrides I've seen in a very long time. About the only examples that readily come to mind that top it are when
Semi-perfect Cell (Dragon Ball Z) & Sho (Guyver)
both one point survived and regenerated from a single-cell and each of those series did not pretend to be as grounded as this series did for most of its run.

Second, I'm always a sucker for a happy ending so I never complain about an optimistic outcome which the MC and most characters certainly both deserved and earned in-universe. However, I will note the execution was highly ham-fisted in delivery and clashes mightily against the overarching themes of tragedy and relationship denial in the series. Nothing material to the story ending the way they decided to end it seems like it could not have occurred at least about 15 chapters earlier with less bodies in the cemetery. I would have also preferred to have seen more of an epilogue of the other minor characters as well. I feel a bit like I did when Tokyo Ghoul:Re finally finished and how it did so.

tl;dr Basically agreed with all of the sentiments of the scanlation team on the Credits page, not glad it ended but am glad it's over.

I think the end was good after all, all problems solved, they survived, and they are together, a true happy ending for *they* of course.. c:

I was really hoping for a bad end because this manga has been quite unforgiving but this is fine too.

I really wished they had gotten more chapters to flesh out the ID and the immune fighters more before reaching this conclusion.

Thank you for seeing this project through to the end, it was a fun ride

Aggregator gang
Akito got big titty goth gf, nice. For a second i thought i was reading Naruto when Etou larped as Rock Lee.

first of all thank for translating this DT scans. reading this was such a roller coaster of emotions. i dont even know what to type here. thanks for making this manga kaname majuro sensei. if i get the chance to buy the physical manga then ill surely buy it for a tribute for this manga and its magnificent story. 10/10

As much as it seemed like a cop out, I'm glad we had the happy ending, I wasn't satisfied with how things were left in the last chapter ... or the things that led to the ending of the last chapter, for that matter.

Oh well. I don't regret spending so much time reading this one.

Dex-chan lover
Damn what a ride, I actually got emotionally invested. Truly a little garbage piece that had some gold in it somehow. I wonder what the author is doing now.

Users who are viewing this thread