Koroshiya Yametai - Vol. 3 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
I like this world building a lot. The world criticized Gaddafi (Libya) for being a cruel dictator, and I'm not going to defend everything he did, but what he did do was to bring stability and progress to Libya. Look at the nation now, compared to when he was in power. Sometimes we get blinded by our realities of justice and reform, and forget that the same circumstances don't exist for others.

Dex-chan lover
This is gonna backfire and instead of scaring her away, they'll end up with a new recruit instead 😅

Dex-chan lover
This is gonna backfire and instead of scaring her away, they'll end up with a new recruit instead 😅

Nah, Benika can't stand to do those acts herself.

The more likely direction would be that Benika will be even more determined to make Rose happy memories, because while the past can't be changed, the future is still open.

Whether she'll actually talk to Rose about it tho...is less predictable, both options are valid but information disparity is very much the running theme of this series so...

Dex-chan lover
I've read manga where relationships have had massive falling outs over less but I at least still believe this won't lead to that for Rose and Benika. Thinking of worst case but if she does end it with Rose over the revaltion it'll make me really question her character. She's seeing first hand what refugees go through and how they have little to no choice in how they live. I thought Habai would do something shady to Benika to sabotage the relationship so I wanted her to get killed for it. I've changed my mind about that. After seeing this I'm not sure if she's really trying to end the relationship or going behind Babylon's back to strengthen it.

Dex-chan lover
I think Hibai is trying to drag Benika into Babylon to manipulate Rose so they can kill her. Remember Benika is known to be her weak point and even though they promised her freedom they had already planted a spy around Benika as a "friend" to ensure control. Babylon may have "good" intentions but we see that the Church does too hoping for them to improve the situation while Babylon wants to provide them with "order" to keep them in their spot.

Dex-chan lover
Less nuanced than the last chapter, but it’s still an interesting ethic conundrum. Although it makes no sense that this Japanese Government makes no attempt at controlling these slums in some way…considering this could easily spill out to the city.

Instead we have a camp entirely controlled by militias and a fight between two shadowy forces trying to assume power.
The Church may seem more moral, however they clearly still want Babylon to keep assassinating, they just want targets outside of criminals in the slums.

Dex-chan lover
Thing got serious. I can't believe we didn't even see they kiss and now it's likely they will split up

Dex-chan lover
Babylon may have "good" intentions but we see that the Church does too hoping for them to improve the situation while Babylon wants to provide them with "order" to keep them in their spot.
It's a tough situation in either case.

The Church is prepared to gamble the situation where- should it succeed in radical change, it'll still leave bad blood between the normal citizens and the refugees if it's a violent uprising with a lot of bloodshed. Their treatment will get better officially, but without some seriously good PR or a short and low-casualty war, bad relations will stew. That's assuming success. If they fail, they kneecap any chance of Babylon's plan being a fallback and may result in the Refugees getting way worse treatment.

Babylon's way of doing things will be a gradual upwards incline, keeping law and order in the area. Along with 'accidents' hitting the ones opposed to improving their living condiditons, which they don't seem to be doing a huge amount of those. In any case, it'll be slow and may take at the optimistic least a Generation or Two to really make a difference at first to improve relations with the citizenry and country itself. That's assuming the assassinations aren't revealed as assassinations either. Then it'll still take a long time for Refugees to reach a very good standard of living. Slow and ineffectual, to be expected of anything that requires any amount of Government agency and societal shift.

Basically, fast and dirty or slow and steady approaches are the choices here.

Users who are viewing this thread