Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 7 Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
Did the princess realize she thought wrong about the marriage? But she didn't look that depressed. Or was she embarrassed because of something else?

I think there is someone else in the same situation as Alan's group. Like from the Interstellar Empire, crashed landed on that world long before Alan. But instead of using their advance tech to build a power base, it seems that this supposed group used their tech to infiltrate local government and set their own powerbase in the shadow. It could be this group lost a lot of their tech but managed to have a few smaller scale tech that is more useful in another way. For example, if Alan's group have a functioning industrial replicator, this other group have a functioning personal replicator.
I also think she's from the space, but I'm still not sure if she was there from long time ago. She called Alan as His Excellency, meaning she knew about his promotion as the captain of the ship. If she was in that planet long before, how does she know about Alan? Does Iris know her?

But then again, she acted like she has been under Starveek Kingdom for a while.

So many questions.

Dex-chan lover
It really doesn't make sense for those spies to get in. Even if they are able to somehow neutralize the front scanners, they shouldn't have been able to avoid the drones from the sky. :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
Special Announcement. Before this chapter was translated, it was released online in Japanese on January 26th. According to the Japanese website, the next chapter will be released on February 23rd. This means that the pace of chapter releases has accelerated from 1 chapter per 2 months to 1 chapter per 1 month.
It seem delayed to March 22nd.

Fyi, chapter 47 which was released in January 2024, should have been released in December 2023, because in chapter 46 (raw) which was released in November 2023, it says next schedule (chapter 47) is December 22nd, 2023. And now, chapter 48 which was supposed to be released in February 2024, postponed to March 2024.
The release schedule is very inconsistent :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
The technology increase happened way too fast imo. The randoms were casually talking about the tablet they just got too lol.
Still really like this series
It would be funny if they acted like some elderly and required more time to learn how to use a tablet. The fact they got the hang of so many things so quickly feels a bit weird for sure

It really doesn't make sense for those spies to get in. Even if they are able to somehow neutralize the front scanners, they shouldn't have been able to avoid the drones from the sky. :facepalm:
Or maybe they were let in

Double-page supporter
Or she is a native that just
stumbled on the device in a ruin and through sheer luck learned how to use it
I think there is someone else in the same situation as Alan's group. Like from the Interstellar Empire, crashed landed on that world long before Alan. But instead of using their advance tech to build a power base, it seems that this supposed group used their tech to infiltrate local government and set their own powerbase in the shadow. It could be this group lost a lot of their tech but managed to have a few smaller scale tech that is more useful in another way. For example, if Alan's group have a functioning industrial replicator, this other group have a functioning personal replicator.

The implication I read into it was that the Spy has some connection to the empire. She knows enough to warn Celeria about the bugs and she uses something that sounds an awful lot like the Empire's catchphrase when she does it. Given that, it seems likely that she either hacked the turrets or used some kind of known glitch in their programming to get in. The question is whether she's from the empire directly like Alan is, or whether she's a descendant of past survivors of some crash, who are responsible for the Starveek kingdom.

I'm also not sure that the AI doesn't know about her presence. Could be that she simply hasn't told Alan yet, just like how she didn't tell him that in Starveek, co-rulership involves marriage. She's has already taken a ton of personal initiative with stuff like making clone daughters or promoting Alan to commodore and she's already witheld the truth from Alan before, so this sort of thing wouldn't be terribly out of character for her.

There's been too many coincidences here - Starveek having the same name as the empire, ancient "magic" tools that act an awful lot like the technology Alan brought down with him, a "goddess" who sounds like an AI and thus far has only interacted with people who have nanomachines (with normal people having to take it all on faith), and probably more that I don't remember that I feel like this isn't so much a plot hole as something that isn't yet explained directly but will be. It's fairly clear that somebody has been running around in the background doing things in a way that isn't visible to Alan, and this just seems like another expression of that.
That's exactly what I thought too. My hunch is that the Empire already encountered this planet hundreds of years ago (the intro implies their rate of technological advancement is pretty slow). They decided the "magic" native to the world could be helpful in fighting the bugs, and dropped a team to research it and help prep the planet for defense against a bug invasion. Then to prevent the planet from becoming a high-priority target for the bugs, classified everything top secret.

The Starveek name is too much of a coincidence. So it's probably the name adopted by the prep/research team when they founded a noble house to help their operations. The special coin-minting and guild quantum communications tools were probably their doing - provided to all countries to help stabilize the planet's economy and politics. But then they ran afoul of political machinations and assassinations from the natives, and much knowledge of their original mission (known only to the higher-ups) was lost.

The spy is probably a Starveek black operative - one of the few departments which still had daily access and training on the remaining pieces of their Empire tech. She was captured when the Starveek nation was overthrown, and is on death row for being a spy. The story hasn't made clear how she's being coerced to do the bidding of her captors (instead of just running away once she's out on her own). But even if she has some free will, the loss of knowledge about their original mission means she doesn't immediately recognize Alan as an ally. At this point she's probably wondering if he's an escaped Starveek who was pretty high up in the chain of command, or one of the factions which destroyed the Starveeks and got their hand on Starveek (Empire) tech, or (if she's aware of their original mission and extraterrestrial origin) if Alan is from the Empire.

Least that's my guess.

You're missing something about the filters, a computer AI is the one filtering that information out for the human operators. Iris is an AI, the one doing the filtering. On limited processing power of Iris, she is literally recording random conversations in bars around the world. You want to say she can't be bothered to check the shots of weapons that are throwing out lethal force in an area where civilians were recently introduced to and can potentially wander in to the firing arcs of?
If I remember right, Iris only installed listening devices in a few bars that Selena and Sharon visited during their search for Alan. So the processing power needed to constantly monitor those bugs shouldn't be that large. She's not monitoring every conversation in the entire world.

The entire thing is actually based on a real NSA program called ECHELON. They'd wiretap phone calls and listen/record for sigint. Initially this was done by people listening to each call and marking which ones had actionable intel. But if the people who've spoken about the program are to be believed, later versions simply had voice recognition transcribe the calls in real-time, and flag the audio to be saved and reviewed by a human if certain keywords were spoken. Supposedly several terrorist leaders and Osama bin Laden were partially located by slips of the tongue by underlings on cell phone calls. There's a reason these guys use written messages passed by hand, instead of cell phones.

Anyways, the key is that it's not a single-layer filter. Low-level filtering is done at the "boots on the ground" level. With further levels of filtering as the report gets passed up the chain of command. So if the spy hacked the defense turrets to think that she's an ally and to let her pass, then Iris may not be "consciously" aware that the spy slipped in. The data saying the spy was allowed in and the video of her arrival was logged and recorded by the defense emplacement. But no report was generated to be passed up to Iris - because there's no need to bother the higher-ups with reports about "allies" entering or leaving the city.

Dex-chan lover
It seem delayed to March 22nd.

Fyi, chapter 47 which was released in January 2024, should have been released in December 2023, because in chapter 46 (raw) which was released in November 2023, it says next schedule (chapter 47) is December 22nd, 2023. And now, chapter 48 which was supposed to be released in February 2024, postponed to March 2024.
The release schedule is very inconsistent :facepalm:
Ch. 48.1 arrived 23-Mar and and .2 just got uploaded two days ago to some of the usual Raw sites. Hoping to see LH TL those soon unless they're going to wait for the whole chapter in which case it could be longer.

soon on the MC and FMC front. There was a promising frame of him holding her hand and doing the usual trope of "I have something important to tell you when I get back. Will you wait for it?"(not verbatim). Also an interesting scene (titillating) where Iris' humanoid body is being rebuilt/refreshed - apparently her organic isn't as robust as her daughters which sorta doesn't make sense unless there's something about inserting a massive AI in it that differentiates.

Dex-chan lover
Ch. 48.1 arrived 23-Mar and and .2 just got uploaded two days ago to some of the usual Raw sites. Hoping to see LH TL those soon unless they're going to wait for the whole chapter in which case it could be longer.

soon on the MC and FMC front. There was a promising frame of him holding her hand and doing the usual trope of "I have something important to tell you when I get back. Will you wait for it?"(not verbatim). Also an interesting scene (titillating) where Iris' humanoid body is being rebuilt/refreshed - apparently her organic isn't as robust as her daughters which sorta doesn't make sense unless there's something about inserting a massive AI in it that differentiates.
I suggest reading the raw on the official site (it's free), to raise the ranking of this manga, so that the author will continue to write this manga.

https://comic-walker.com/detail/KC_001405_S/episodes/KC_0014050000100011_E?episodeType=first

Once the page opened, you will see the first chapter. Scroll down to see other chapters that are still available for free. By default, the newest chapter at the bottom. The red writing is the next release schedule.

Dex-chan lover
So the theory is that there was some other empire ship/crew that got stranded in the planet too.
Odds are, the goddess is an old AI.
They might not have the appropriate resources at the time to scientifically develop the planet, but introduced mana, as a sort of mutated nanom changing the planet's inhabitants evolving some of its populace(likely only descendants from the original crew) to be able to use a form of psychic power/magic, heck the monsters might as well be an old anti-bug project.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter,
so miss deathrow spy, must be also an alien to this planet, i mean she knows about the tech stuff and hints on to much,
and we all know she will join the group sooner then later

Users who are viewing this thread