Koudo ni Hattatsu Shita Igaku wa Mahou to Kubetsu ga Tsukanai

art is good
it's just this MC feels too good to be true like he's being too kind to literally everyone including the bad dudes which is IMO kinda lame and boring cuz feels like I'm reading a doctor jesus got isekai'd
also this slime plot armor is getting more and more ridic on each chapter

Dex-chan lover
Cool, tho the pacings a bit quick and it feels very "plot demanded so it shall be" at points, it feels unnatural and scripted is what I'm getting at. Yeah ik it's a written story so it's technically scripted, but what I mean that the story doesn't have a "flow" and hence it feels unnatural and hamfisted at points. Mc just happens to have what's needed every time so far, always succeeding in healing etc, hope he botches something soon ish as infallible mcs get boring pretty quick.

Gotta say that I really like these kind of isekai where the MC's OP power is knowledge and practical skills. Especially when the author and/or artist display the transitions like in this one where things progress at a decent pace (not realistic as it would be way too slow, but also not as if the MC can pull out of his ass unlimited tricks that can save the day in the next 3 panels).

And the art quality only amplify the amount of fun I get from reading it.

I can only hope that the manga doesn't get extended too far from its initial setup and ultimately get a proper ending.
(This is the hard and rarely accomplish part of isekai. It's easy to introduce an idea/concept of a isekai, but keeping it entertaining and avoiding the dead falls resulting in abandoning key points from the early elements is just one way of killing a series toward a rushed/axed/stupid ending. For example, in this series, if the MC would ever gain a ability to get unlimited supplies or any type of tools/drugs on the go, that would kill the series right there because his limited ressourceness is the key point of his struggles.)

im reading this on another site but i just need to get somthing off my chest
so in chapter 20 its revealed that in an attempted land-grab plot some comically evil guys sent slaves infected with STD's to a red-light district to bang all the whores so that the district loses all its customers.
they seem to be trying to paint the whores as sympathetic, and their failing. the bad guys are planning a fire and that fire is the reason im worried about people not the spreading of std's amoungst whores.
they are the ones who willingly banged a bunch of infected slaves they are facing the consequences of their own actions i feel no sympathy that they now have STD's and find it strange the manga seems to be trying to invoke such feelings
Tell me you hate women without telling me.

Aggregator gang
did you just conflate all women with prostitutes then have the gall to call 'me' the hater of women? i must say im impressed
I think you're missing the point of this manga - all people are worthy and deserving of healthcare, regardless of their status or background. Sex workers should be able to access medical treatment when they are in ill health.

Dex-chan lover
I think you're missing the point of this manga - all people are worthy and deserving of healthcare, regardless of their status or background. Sex workers should be able to access medical treatment when they are in ill health.
they didnt paint the arsonists as sympathetic and if they got burns healed i wouldnt say anything since like you said everyone gets healing. my original complaint is the manga is painting the whores as sympathetic when their not, their facing the consequences of their actions. they get healed thats all fine and dandy this is a doctor manga im expecting that, my complaint is the framing

Dex-chan lover
(havent seen ch 20 yet but)While i do agree for the rich one, In the poor or even several developing country, most "night workers" ain't want to be one by choice dude. They simply have no skill and knowledge to have a bearable life, let alone a decent one. And they think the best they could offer is their body.

In the end STD might be last for months and years or even leaving permanent damage and death, but thats definitely a better option than starving to death in a matter of a month at best. What use of thinking about a random chance of bad luck if theres a definite "dead end" if you wouldnt take it. Its just a matter of worse choice and worst choice.

You probably comes from developed country to which this case is really unlikely, and thats fine. But let me remind you that shits like this do happen, a lot, especially in poor and developing country.
they didnt paint the arsonists as sympathetic and if they got burns healed i wouldnt say anything since like you said everyone gets healing. my original complaint is the manga is painting the whores as sympathetic when their not, their facing the consequences of their actions. they get healed thats all fine and dandy this is a doctor manga im expecting that, my complaint is the framing

Dex-chan lover
(havent seen ch 20 yet but)While i do agree for the rich one, In the poor or even several developing country, most "night workers" ain't want to be one by choice dude. They simply have no skill and knowledge to have a bearable life, let alone a decent one. And they think the best they could offer is their body.

In the end STD might be last for months and years or even leaving permanent damage and death, but thats definitely a better option than starving to death in a matter of a month at best. What use of thinking about a random chance of bad luck if theres a definite "dead end" if you wouldnt take it. Its just a matter of worse choice and worst choice.

You probably comes from developed country to which this case is really unlikely, and thats fine. But let me remind you that shits like this do happen, a lot, especially in poor and developing country.
first of all the biggest issue i have with that is that they introduce a completly healthy and fit brother of the harlot that said harlot is providing for. why isnt this brother providing for his sister? why is he allowing his family member to do such activities when he could be making up the difference? it smells of some "charlie and his 4 'bedridden' grandparens" crap.

and second there is a very important thing you missing about developing nations. the reason that developing nations resort to such things isnt actually poverty, how do we know? because we dont see such a thing in tribe societies that still exist. tribesmen provide for their women based off what they hunt and sleeping around is an easy way of getting yourself killed by your husband(or somtimes husbands) so what is the actual reason its so common in developing countries? corruption. if you dont have friends in government then the tax rates will not hold back and simply living your life normally isnt an option but there will be a shady man who knocks on your door and says that a women helping out the local red-light district would really help in making mr taxman forget about them. and if its not the government then crime elements might make demands for a women for them to be left alone. in other words harlotry in developing countries is out of safety, not poverty.

which then brings us back to this manga. the 'government' is human centric and wouldnt want to force its population into such a circumstance, and the only crime element theyve shown is trying to STOP the harlotry. so either these harlots have a bunch of 'bedridden' leeches they need to feed like the brother thats introduced, the government; which is run by their savor in that chapter; is alot more corrupt then the manga is letting on atm, or these harlots are simply whores that i cannot sympathize with

Dex-chan lover
first of all the biggest issue i have with that is that they introduce a completly healthy and fit brother of the harlot that said harlot is providing for. why isnt this brother providing for his sister? why is he allowing his family member to do such activities when he could be making up the difference? it smells of some "charlie and his 4 'bedridden' grandparens" crap.

and second there is a very important thing you missing about developing nations. the reason that developing nations resort to such things isnt actually poverty, how do we know? because we dont see such a thing in tribe societies that still exist. tribesmen provide for their women based off what they hunt and sleeping around is an easy way of getting yourself killed by your husband(or somtimes husbands) so what is the actual reason its so common in developing countries? corruption. if you dont have friends in government then the tax rates will not hold back and simply living your life normally isnt an option but there will be a shady man who knocks on your door and says that a women helping out the local red-light district would really help in making mr taxman forget about them. and if its not the government then crime elements might make demands for a women for them to be left alone. in other words harlotry in developing countries is out of safety, not poverty.

which then brings us back to this manga. the 'government' is human centric and wouldnt want to force its population into such a circumstance, and the only crime element theyve shown is trying to STOP the harlotry. so either these harlots have a bunch of 'bedridden' leeches they need to feed like the brother thats introduced, the government; which is run by their savor in that chapter; is alot more corrupt then the manga is letting on atm, or these harlots are simply whores that i cannot sympathize with
Fair point, except the poor and the developing country part. Considering the modern era, im sure there's no nations that have their primitive tribesman as their major population, so it up to more civilized population that decides the prosperity of the country. So comparing tribesman that lives solely on hunting against poor and underdeveloped poeple is wrong in the first place. Heck how one could argue those primitive tribes is poor when sometimes they don't even have the freaking money system to begin with, only relying on barter

Tl;dr nice arguments, only a bit of nitpick of unrelated things on my part

Double-page supporter
i wonder how useful his skills will be once his earth supplies run out, not like he can buy new supplies.
Given that the medical knowledge of the magical humans is no better than medieval, even the vast knowledge of physiological systems, anatomy, and germ theory that he possesses is enough to revolutionize the whole idea of the treatment of disease. I wish that he did not acceed to the vocabulary of magic that is being used when people talk with him. He should draw a bright line of distinction between magic and science.

The manga "Dr. Stone" is so named because of an appreciation of the power of soap to prevent disease, while the manga "Jin" features a 21st century surgeon in the Shogun-period who was able to improvise such things as antiseptic techniques using highly purified alcohol, the growth of penicillin by skilled workers of the soy sauce industry with a purification technique involving an oil-based organic extraction and alcohol precipitation. For that matter, such simple things as techniques of public infrastructure to prevent the spread of waterborne diseases can have a huge impact. Finally, as we have seen that vitamin deficiency is a factor here, the knowledge that vitamin c deficiency causes scurvy can be of enormous strategic impact to a kingdom. Great Britain was able to maintain persistent naval blockades simply because they could maintain sailors without having them succumb to scurvy. I looked it up and found that cats and dogs are able to synthesize their own vitamin c. A country that wished to engage in long distance shipping or long deployments of naval blockades could crew their ships with cat people to good effect.

The wealth of knowledge found in a modern and educated person is as important as being able to produce weapons of mass destruction on the whole.

really love the Manga overall and the art in special. I am wondering why the series ist at least two english chapters behind ?

Group Leader
The art style is similar to that of an ancient artist who used to draw mature-rated mangas from 10-15 years ago. It's good though.
And then I realized this manga has the same artist as Babylon.

Dex-chan lover
story is a complete nonsense but the art is good so I'm here for that lol

One of the best isekais out there.

My short review (Until ch28):

Good points - 1) Divine art, 2) Interesting plot, 3) good references, 4) MC with SSJ form with fire sword, 5) manga with best dress code you'll see in your life; 6) 2 plots with one focused in the humans perspective and other in the MC perspective; 7) Every woman is a waifu because of the good art; 8) diversity of species and cultures to be explored; 9) Hot and badass dark elves with Ziggs tendency (explode first and ask later);

Bad points and plot holes - 1) "humans is bad and racist and everybody else is good" clichê, 2) "Church is evil" clichê, 3) Humans should only know healing magic but uses other kind of magic as well and nobody cares (they didnt opressed the beastfolks with healing skills...), 4) almost all the villains are "ugly bastards" and good people is way beautiful; 5) Vampires should just eat well and everything is solved as the day; 6) Have slavery and they all forgot about that (Korone is not a good friend at all... she forgot the other girls); 7) People in the elf country should revise their security, cause is too easy to invade, isolate and kill; 8) WTF is that Spider? Its too strange that even the author dont know how to make her act like one; 9) although there is a lot of diversity the path the story is taking makes it unlikely that we will see everyone's health issues and culture. 9) Workaholic protagonist with Jesus Christ syndrome. He practically has no human desires and needs, no love, no hate, no personal ambitions, he just wants to heal and help others (he should open a church and start a religion not a hospital), 10) Some male facial expressions are so strange that they become crazy and funny; 11) Some important characters manifest a type of aura, but this is not explored or reported, 12) The protagonist has a chimera that even faces dragons and a slime that scares even "Dracula" and the queen of dragons, they close to MC since ch1 and no one wonders why (does he have a taming skill?); 13) "Demon lord" trope; 14) Author is afraid of killing even NPCs. Bro is caught in a bomb and emerges practically unharmed; also he avoided to kill Robb Luccy (Its not a standard shounen, author...).

Main Cast:

Kirby on diet (Ally)
Elrick Brothers (NPC)
Salvador Dali (Villain)
Robby Lucy with grasshopper girl (Villains?)
Elton Jonh (Villain)
Goth Spider Milf (Ally)
Mexican Loli Vampire Princess (Ally)
Count Dracula (Ally?)
Mafia dragon family (NPC)
Jesus Christ and his 12/2 Disciples (Villain?)
Workaholic Jesus Christ 2.0 (MC)
Catwoman Nurse (FMC?)
Plague doctor and Arsonists (Villain)
Elf Queen Milf with lolita princess (Allies)
Mafia Dragon Queen Milf (Ally)
Mafia Dragon boy husbando (Ally)
Ziggs disciples (Villains)
Drug addict dragon lady (Ally)

Rating: 8 /10

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Don't you just love it when two chapters suddenly go off the rails and are devoted to a FLASHBACK to characters no one cares about? Yeah me either.

Seriously got a whole cast around the main character, got the main character himself - and this is who we spend two chapters getting to know the motivations of? /wrist

Users who are viewing this thread