Kowloon Generic Romance - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Fed-Kun's army
nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

maybe she's hallucinating and repressing her memories, the delusion of kudou or the kudou inside her head tells her to not go back to remember?

Dex-chan lover
Theory time bois:
I'm assuming this story is similar to the movie "Oblivion" starring Tom Cruise where they are living in a sort of dystopian future in which Tom Cruise doesn't realize he is a clone and he is continuing to do work for an alien ship which is disguising itself as the new home for humanity (in this case, the Generic Terra spaceship in the sky). The memories which the Tom Cruise has are suppressed by the aliens until he sees some semblance of past moments with his wife, like how Kujirai is remembering things like habits, and now the photograph.
To cut the explanation short, whatever that "space station" is, it's trying to suppress the main character's humanity and have them do whatever work is needed on the earth below.
Probably way off from what the manga is about, but I thought it could be similar to the plot of that movie hehe

Dex-chan lover
There was that thing floating above the city. So there definitely is some mysterious shit going on and this might have to do with it.

Dex-chan lover
I called it the previous chapter. The possibility that it's amnesia. But a clone can work or she's in a coma.

Dex-chan lover
...whoa. What is happening?! I thought this is some sort of dystopian/utopian/whatever-pian slice-of-life manga, and we might be dealing with something bigger than that? I'm genuinely shook.

Dex-chan lover
All the answers here only make me wanna ask even more questions. I have no idea what's so generic about this romance.

Dex-chan lover
Nani the FUCK is happening? (I mean this in a good way)
So let's reel it back a little,so the cafe they went to a few chapters ago is actually,like destroyed? & Some shit did and didn't happen?
They're married? But why do I have a sudden feeling that one of them is dead?

It's just so whaaaa???

Man I haven't been this invested in a manga in a while.

Contributor
Wait...what just happened? I’m honestly a little confused. Does she have repressed memories or... was she remembering something different until she found the picture? I knew it was gonna be her, but... damn, what?

I’m beginning to understand why he called this a gentle dystopia.

Dex-chan lover
This reminds me of that movie, "Dark City" where the memories and settings of the occupants were being constantly modified. One day a couple is married "30 years" living in a hi-rise apartment, the next day they're strangers and the apartment is now an office building.

My prediction: somehow Kowloon WAS actually demolished in this story and what we're seeing is some sort of virtual reconstruction Matrix style.

Users who are viewing this thread