Kowloon Generic Romance - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Double-page supporter
Alright theory time!
My best theory is that after Kujirai and Kudou engaged something happen and destroy everything that's exist. Then the alien, Gene Terra-chan, reconstruct the whole world for humanity again and put them in that Kowloon. But for some reasons Kujirai's memories erased while Kudou retain his memories and still remember about their relationship but decide to keep it a secret, though sometimes that secret crumbled when she use similar words or actions and calling him with -kun.

This is why the Kowloon still exist in the era of smartphone even though it's already razed in 90's, so the current Kowloon is the one in the future and the destroyed cafe is things in the past. Last page in this chapter is having the table with its glasses still intact which hinted the destroyed cafe is just a reminiscence.
What's more in chapter 6 the cover page is "Onward to a new world for humanity! Let's go go!"

Contributor
Okay, so after going through comments, I learned of this trope: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ReplacementGoldfish?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

And I think I understand what’s happening. She’s very likely a fucking clone. I dunno if the ruined shop is real or not, but it’s definitely looking like her apparently-fiancée is keeping her distance because he knows that she isn’t exactly real. I wonder what happened to the original her.
It’s a pretty neat twist, and I’m suddenly wondering what the fuck is going to happen. Apparently Kowloon was destroyed a couple of decades ago, so maybe the ruined cafe shop might actually be real.
For a manga titled “Generic Romance”, this has been anything but, even from the start.

Contributor
@Koni It's pretty obvious that isn't real Kowloon because there is Ramiel flying on the skies.

Dex-chan lover
Now this is SPICY
I was wondering if the sci-fi elements were going to be anything more than aesthetic

Given that we had previously seen interactions where Kujirai wasn't there at all, am pretty confident it's not all in her head, but other than that am confused

Dex-chan lover
I think the cafe is still operational, and she just had a vision of the ruined cafe (possibly the current one is a replica of the previous one that was destroyed). The last page still shows the glass and the salt shaker on the table, while the ruined cafe shot has the glass knocked over with no salt shaker.

Dex-chan lover
Yup. Cant wait to see where this go. Went in expecting a simple love story but got mindfucked instead.10/10

Users who are viewing this thread