Kowloon Generic Romance - Vol. 2 Ch. 14

Contributor
x19.png

WHAT.

Contributor
Welp, she tried looking more like her old self to win him over and that failed. Gonna have to make him love the new you then.

And I’m gonna need to reread this. Such an interesting manga. I can’t believe Weekly Young Jump has 4 different yet highly entertaining (IMO) romances right now.

EDIT: Aw shit, the old her’s coming?!

Did her going to the tea house by herself in ch 8 result in the guy disappearing?

And she must be a cyborg or something, right? Idk.

This manga is series of questions built on more questions!

Why does she like this tactless pooman
Why is her personality almost entirely about liking this guy

Author, why

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz
I'm assuming it's going to be some sort of flashback scene. But then again, this manga's been throwing curveballs at me in terms of guessing what's next.

she tried imitating her old self to get him to notice her, obviously it failed however i dont think he has the right to get all pissy when hes not telling her anything imo..

i dont think she will permanently ever go back, she'll regain memories here and there and maybe build a personality disorder? but he will soon have to learn to love this "new" her

Dex-chan lover
"You loved the former me, I want you to love the current me" is such a cool setup, the more I think about it, the more I like it. I feel bad for her, it's really not her fault. Kujirai needs to stop trying to be Kujirai-B. Like sweatshop girl said, that's not her. From the looks of the next raws, I think she reaches the same decision.

I've had a theory for a while now about Kujirai's eyesight, and this chapter reinforced it again. In chapter 2, there was a panel saying "As your eyesight improves, you'll begin to see things you never noticed before". That's true literally and metaphorically. Without her glasses, just in chapters 1-2, she:
-can see the star again
-finds coins
-notices Kudou's mess
-notices his dirty shirt (immediately as she takes her glasses off!)
etc.
In chapter 5, when she says "Damn, I like him", again, she's without glasses.
But the most important one is the restaurant:
-in chapter 7, she can't find it for the life of her. She's wearing her glasses.
-in chapter 8, she finds it no problem. No glasses. Just like in this chapter.

When Kujirai is without glasses, that's when she's being herself, and can notice new things and have new experiences. When she's wearing glasses, she's stuck trying to be like her old self. It's symbolic of her past, just like the earrings.

Dex-chan lover
He must've gotten his hopes up only to get them dashed. But he has zero right to be so angry. At least, not at her, who doesn't even know what's going on in his mind.

@ThreeWolfMoon Those are some neat details, and they even tie into a central theme. Although, I missed most of them. I should really keep an eye out for these sorts of things, especially since this manga seems to favor these symbolic elements a lot.

Double-page supporter
BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT"S GOING ON I WANT TO KNOW AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This manga is so shrouded in mystery, I always end up being more confused about Kujirai and her past self after each chapter. It’s such a good book, thanks a lot for the update.

Dex-chan lover
Also Thanks to New Generic Terra technology we now know what his face looked like:
Kudou-real-face.jpgf

Fed-Kun's army
This manga is so incredible heartrending, Jesus. It's not tragic or straight-up sad, but it's like scraping wounds that keep getting deeper very slowly.

So far, it seems like we are dealing with a replacement goldfish situation in one way or another. The man clearly wants to move on from the original, but still unable to. The lady wants him to look her way, and will even try to be more like the original to achieve it. And boy oh boy, the emotion between that short exchange is so raw. And he was so pissed that he stop pretending to not notice that she already on to something. I'm intrigued and scared.

Users who are viewing this thread