Kowloon Generic Romance - Vol. 3 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
Such a cute chapter up until the end. Kudou continues to be suffering in nostalgia.

Group Leader
Kudos to this manga for taking a rather sweet symbolic meaning from one chapter and making it downright chilling and confusing to the next... This is why I can't get enough lol

Thanks for the chapter! :) Really intriguing so far

Dex-chan lover
Boy right after I made the comment about it being a city you CAN'T leave. We get lots of foreshadowing that it's true.
It does make me wonder if other people understand what is going on, that they know there are rules they have to follow. Hmm.

Dex-chan lover
I have so many question. The author is trying to make romance manga more interesting with a twist of sci fi and mystery here and there. I'm loving it

Can't help but think the juxtaposition of that knock off ramiel hanging about in the sky and that sea of sunflowers beneath them wasnt just meant to allude to HER but also that these guys are definitely being watched in their own little 'garden of eden'

@Kaibump definitely. A weakness of this serie is the main villain though, I like foreshadowing like this but the readers don't need a slit tongue villain with an obvious menacing behaviour. It kinda ruins the subtles clues for me.

@Dramsss yeah it's very on the nose but i don't think this series is going to be one that hinges on a 'villain'. He's more like a piece of a very big puzzle i think. This story has more of a mystery element that he is probably just one of a bunch of answers to, rather than a character they will have some kind of shounen like confrontation with. The snake tongue and faces are definitely a bit much though.

Dex-chan lover
There's so many twists that the author could've pulled. The fact that the romance itself is great just makes this manga all the more amazing. But honestly, the strongest theory here is they're all in a simulation and Kujirai isn't a human per se. Maybe she's dead in the real world and Kudo specifically asked for her to be created. Maybe this place is meant to let people relive their nostalgia or desires. The Lolita and her clothes addiction, the girl hanging out with Kujirai and her flawless body. Kudou and his memories of Kujirai.

Don't know why but my heart hurts... can't wait to find out about the mysteries but at the same time I don't want this to end sooner.

Contributor
When the biggest reveals finally have the curtain pulled back on them, you can find me wading through all these early chapters, looking for the super-obvious-in-hindsight foreshadowing that I missed.

no6

OMG I THINK THE tons of sunflowers looking back means there were tons of previous reis in the past..and maybe its not a coincidence her name is like rei ayanami
and the fact that youmei had complete remodifications on her entire body makes me think too.. i guess we’ll have to see :)

Users who are viewing this thread