Kubera - Vol. 3 Ch. 172 - The Weight of Time (12)

Gods can’t change their genders right? So was calling Varuna the “God” of water and not the “goddess” the exact phrasing?

I had a feeling that if they were traveling through time, then at some point Maruna was going to be stranded for millions or even billions of years so he could evolve to stage five naturally.
Do you think kubera was able to use insight on Maruna? He was more knowledgeable than the other gods, for some reason. Perhaps it had to do with him supposedly crossing over to the next universe using his own power?

Group Leader
@Bsmith
Actually, Varuna CAN change her gender, lol. She could very well be in her male form in this episode (the clothes leave much to imagination).
And god is a gender neutral term, it can refer to female or male.

God Kubera apparently has memories from previous life, as he is one of the few who crossed over from previous universe (was confirmed in his talk with Kali).
It does seem like he can use insight on Maruna, but not confirmed. Only wordless stares to go by lol

I think only 2 zen 5 gods can change gender, I don't remember where I heard this from.

Ah, so the way Maruna reached 5th stage was simply the conventional way + time fuckery

thanks for the update! Also, that sideeye from Kubera about the humans winning a "weak" universe, some heat on that.

Kubera has been a troll since the dawn of the universe...and maybe before!!😁
Thanks for the chapter!!!!

OMG thanks for translating!!

I'm going to have to read again when god Kubera meets Maruna for the first time. Also, if Kubera god saw Leez in the past that explains the choice he first gave her when he met her.

(I did not stop to think that Kubera had to do the same trip than MAruna and Ran but alone.)

And I have to reread also to see if Maruna likes better humans (other than Ran) when he comes back to Willarv in the future :O (Since he spend so much time there..... we still do not know in what period of time he is so maybeeee he will see his sister Kalavinka!!!....).

I'm still waiting for him to meet ananta and for Ran to know that his children are in danger ('cause he couldn't read anything when Sagara was reading)

Dex-chan lover
Reading this years later, I might have partially forgotten that Leez canonically transcended time before the Maruna and Ran. It's doesn't feel wrong to say that she sets the stage for them to return to the future even from the distant past.

Of course noting that present time Leez has not done any time travel shenanigans.

Users who are viewing this thread