Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible - Vol. 5 Ch. 51 - The Park and White Clovers

Double-page supporter
I dont know why but I find the little brother annoying maybe cause my baby brother n nephews never acted like that

Dex-chan lover
You know, when you can unironically say that the male MC's emotional intelligence compares unfavorably to that of a toddler... I don't know what it says, but it's not great.

Then again, it might not be that far-fetched. Toddlers just haven't lived long enough to have deep-seated self-esteem issues.

Dex-chan lover
Seita is showing signs of being a selfish brat, and MC is enabling it by giving in to his crying always.

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood
I mean, tsunderes can be kinda adorable IRL though. Not the abusive, punches-you-full-force-when-embarrassed-or-insults-you kind, but the more moderate sort.
Kids and babies however... I don't find them cute in IRL or manga, really. Good thing I aint never gonna have one, just not a thing for me.

Dex-chan lover
@Narf Fair, but I'd say that's basically within the 99% error margin.
Babies CAN be cute...when they're not being annoying pieces of shit crying all the time. (Puppies and kittens are always better, ofc). It's just, manga takes away the part where they're annoying.
Same with tsunderes, I'd say. I CAN see why some people would think a girl who just can't quite be honest with her feelings is "cute" (I'm pesonally more a fan of the honest approach, but hey). But, again, in manga they 99% of the time go for the physically violent or at least verbally abusive type. Very rarely is it the "moderate" sort.

So...yeah. 99% of what's displayed in it as "cute" is really not irl.
I mean, my biggest childhood disappointment was watching Heidi and similar animes and thinking "man, rolling around in the mountain, so nice". Yeah... Except bugs. And grass stains. And animal shit camouflaged in the grass.

Babies are cute if they're well-behave and are generally good kids. But since they haven't grown enough to learn how to express most of their emotion and needs, they will cry. Enabling that crying like Shiraishi is bad, but we should be more forgiving to children and teach them to be better. The phrase "they're just kids" means that they still have a lot to be taught.

But Seita isn't making that big of a fuss, toddlers can be a LOT more loud and whiny. That's because this is a fluff manga tho.

Users who are viewing this thread