Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible

@Darklight99
Sorry for my lack of knowledge in propaganda techniques. Not something I have to use regularly.
How is your rating crusade going so far? Managed to change some scores yet?

Dex-chan lover
@Lorska All I did was give my thoughts on this manga which made all of you lose your minds, but keep whining. I can't force people to stop eating shit if they don't want to.

@darklight99 and what makes all those titles any better than this one? because except for one that i do not know, all the rest have their shortcomings. And beside maybe 2 that are on pars with Kobu-san, the rest are pretty tropy and blend.

for exemple, if for you Horimiya is a better title that this, then talk no more. altought i would have agreed with you with the first 2 volumes, kobu-san is now crushing Horimiya with a landslide. you are talking about a title that literaly used all the tropes of romance and dragged them for so long, it litteraly dropped the romance and became a strick slice of life title. and i could go on like this with most of the titles you named.

beside, kobu-san does not want to sell you something different. and most of the titles you named neither. but what kobu-san does is sell you suggar, a toneload of it.

If you really want something different, then you have to stop aiming for the generic romance premice and aim for much deeper/profound titles like Boy's abyss or Asuperu kanojo.

In the end, just say you do not like this serie. that is simple. but saying it is not well done only shows that you are a very poor analyst on what is good or not, what 'subvert' expectation or not.

Dex-chan lover
@lonelypotatoonabench None of those manga's are 10/10, but they are all miles better than Kubo San in every aspect. Just because you have shit taste, doesn't mean I'll call it good too. Every single manga I said has either meaningful and realistic character development or something beyond the generic, "this super popular girl loves this boy who had nothing going for him for absolutely no reason"
The only series in that entire list which is about a popular girl x unpopular boy would be Boku no Kokoro yet that has spectacular character development, characters gradually growing and then falling in love with each other, realistic insecurities, the only gimmick it had was intentionally there to show Ichi's growth out of his chuuni phase.

Do not think that I cannot back up my arguments, this manga is utter shit and I will argue about that as long as other argue back.

Dex-chan lover
@lonelypotatoonabench Just because they aren't 10/10 doesn't mean they aren't all miles better than this. They are all at least around 9/10, that's why I named them. This manga is shit, deal with it.

i like the salt in the comms
and everybody has a different taste like i dont think hentai has story and other people think it does btw not talking about the borderline stuff

Dex-chan lover
@Darklight99 well if that's your take away I'll leave ya to it, if you ever reply to THIS comment after your done please leave this manga and put it in your dropped folder. Oh and dont come back please

Dex-chan lover
@Darklight99 Omg i cant be asked dude, im just trying to read something i enjoy, if you hate it so much, WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE!? WHAT IS THE REASON?! I swear to god if you pull the "Uh all humans have rights" Bullshit, JUST FUCK OFF HOLY SHIT

How can we change this french translation in the title ? Seems like someone just google translated it ><

Dex-chan lover
@leconv I can't have an argument when the other side's """arguments""" are literal baby tier whining, believe what you want, but I genuinely started laughing while reading your comment.
By the way, Horimiya is a manga adaptation of a webcomic named Hori-san to Miyamura-kun. The main manga ended when
Miyamura proposed to Hori after Christmas
, all we have now is filler. And even then, the fillers are still better written and funnier than Kubo-san has ever been. Horimiya showed a story of two people from the opposite sides of life, coming together and gradually falling in love. Sounds familiar right? Because 99% of rom-coms including Kubo-san follow this exact story beat. But unlike all those hacks like Kubo-san, Miyamura and Hori aren't generic rom-com tropes. Miyamura was unpopular, but he isn't a self insert with no personality, in fact, his unpopularity is one of his least important character. Hori is also a complete character, her life doesn't revolve around the male MC like Kubo's does. She has friends whom she talks to about stuff unrelated to Miyamura, we know her family life, outside of obsessing about Miyamura. Hori is an angry woman who has a masochistic side, she is strict with her younger brother and has a maternal role towards him since her parents are busy, what characteristic does Kubo have outside of being obsessed with the MC for no reason? We saw Miyamura and Hori gradually come together, from classmates, to acquaintances to friends and then lovers, we saw them gradually grow deeper in love together as they accepted their feelings, kissed and
then even had sex, hell Miyamura even proposed marriage to her which she accepted.
In the same time Horimiya managed to juggle dozens of characters, giving them their own life, friends and love interests with developments. Even an average reader can easily tell you the romantic interests of even the side characters. While at the same time it dealt with heavier and realistic topics like bullying, loneliness and inferiority complex and it did it was the heavy tone that it required. Kubo-san's main gimmick is that the MC is so boring that no one can see him. How is that even supposed to mean anything? That's just random and stupid and the manga can barely use it for anything more than a joke.

@IAzura I gave my thoughts on this manga which pissed people off.

Users who are viewing this thread