Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 6 Ch. 54 - Kuma-san meets the King

Ah i missed this manga! Thank you very much for the translation! It made my day :))

Group Leader
The defeat of the mage is more satisfying than the anime's solutuion of him dying from the curse.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
I agree. Its more dignified to be killed by a king then to get Kuma Punched. Quite sad that the anime is "catered to children"

@Amelzo Read the WN, the LN, the manga, and watch the anime. DO IT ALL! AAAALLLLL!

@Nep
the anime had a 'get into this fast' first episode, and it sanitised some of the... more kid unfriendly aspects
the manga likely follows the ln more, and some of the changes in the ln if the manga is following it are ones im not really a fan of, I liked ability introductions in the wn far better

the wn is by far the best of what we currently have

the best news, is none of the adaptations are complete bastardizations, like the average anime was.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@alidan that anime was clearly below average.

Though I said its sad that the anime is 'catered to children' because some my favorite scenes got cut for likely the same reasons. (the other reason is that the anime is a rush job)

Dex-chan lover
The manga is a good middle ground. The anime is too clean but the novel has too many back and forth, retelling the same story with different perspective.
Yes I am very salty with the anime. They smooth over way too much.

Also welcome to the new translator. Thank you for your work. Keep it up!

Man, quite dissapointed how the anime didn't show the king killing the bad guy.

Thanks you for picking this up i actually thought because the anime came out it was not gonna be translated so thanks you for your hard work

im happy chapters are still being put out i love this manga and hadnt seen a chapter in a long time i got worried

@Nep first episode was what many monthly manga do, they have a future plot to get you invested because its monthly and unless they get a 50+ page chapter, there are going to be several months of getting to the point. i'm assuming they wanted to get people invested in the anime from episode 1 rather then have 2-3 episodes of a 'slow' burn.

as for getting cut, yep, most of what I liked got cut for obvious content reasons rather then speed, granted some things were skipped for brevity... but its not average ability level of bastardization where so many of my favorite moments were ruined

Users who are viewing this thread