Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 9 Ch. 88 - Kuma-san and the Students Arrive at the Village

Dex-chan lover
again so much difference between webnovel und manga ^^
i actualy realy liked this part of the webnovel. The studends would struggle with 2 goblins, and bear would decide sicne they could handle 2 , she wouldnt warn them anymore
also the greeting in the village was way way different.
so far it feels more like they cut things out?

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to need some reallllly big stick.
grill-and-fried-silkworm-pupae-in-a-food-market-in-beijing-china-2ACE02Y.jpg

I wish the anime followed the novel more closely. It really irritated me when they added the unnecessary conflict where a tiger wolf tries to attack the loli. The novel never has her being attacked by it.
I sorta disliked that one for other reasons - the Ch18 scene where Kumakyu projects "bear presence" at a wolf stalking Fina and it runs off yelping was so well done in the manga I laughed out loud at it, and was looking forward to seeing it in the anime.

The anime isn't terribly done, but in addition to the structural changes, it massively downplays fight scenes, while also playing up the Yuna-Fina relationship to the point of making up new scenes just for that.

Last edited:
Tbh I just want 1 or 2 ep where she ditches the bear suit and does some around town exploring with normal clothes.

Ooo can't wait to see it in like 2 years.
Lets hope they don't mess it up again then. It's a huge (multi-book) arc though, so it would be hard for them to skip over it.
Also get to see her in a party dress before then; not sure if that will be end S2 or early S3 though. Arc after this one has lots of Fina interaction in it (which the anime likes to stretch out) but then lots of fighting (which the anime tries to telescope into a couple of minutes and gloss over)

Lets hope they don't mess it up again then. It's a huge (multi-book) arc though, so it would be hard for them to skip over it.
Also get to see her in a party dress before then; not sure if that will be end S2 or early S3 though. Arc after this one has lots of Fina interaction in it (which the anime likes to stretch out) but then lots of fighting (which the anime tries to telescope into a couple of minutes and gloss over)
Ah yes the priorities of anime creation/adaptation. Ty for the info.

Ah yes the priorities of anime creation/adaptation. Ty for the info.
YW. Trying hard to answer the questions without giving significant spoliers, although this of course is meant to be more about the manga :D

Note Eps 4 just dropped though; Sherry focussed episode (which I don't mind, but is noticably stretched compared to the LN) with the four widows barely getting a mention. But then, the widows aren't really mentioned in the manga either, so not sure how that is going to be handled once the manga catches up with the anime.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Been years and now i decided to give manga a try. Reminds me of some FUNA works and i love it. I also glad that i read this today because now its has a lot of chapters.

Been years and now i decided to give manga a try. Reminds me of some FUNA works and i love it. I also glad that i read this today because now its has a lot of chapters.
Still far behind the light novel though. Even the official English translation of the LN is up to volume 13, while the manga is only part way though V06. Even the Anime (now on S2) is further advanced, albeit having skipped some plot elements it then has to fudge around.
I do like the FUNA stories too; they have started releasing new offical english LN translations of Average and Potions, although 80,000 gold seems to have stalled (although there, the Manga apparently is going to start getting official English releases at the same time as the Japanese, yet the Manga is already far in advance of the official English LNs)

Users who are viewing this thread