Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - Ch. 68.2

Dex-chan lover
Ah basically from using something that automates a procedure, you have to do it manually.

Imagine you have to code something everytime you want to use app or software instead of double click to execute.

Well the reason why I used the example of cheat codes on top of a game setting is because there's multiple layers to it.

In your example, it's not even just having to code the app anew each time. Imagine not being able to even use a high level programming language (like java or even C) to do it and be restricted to assembly or worse, machine language. It's quite an apt example, as she absolutely has zero connection to the System that runs this world now. Becoming powerful again means she essentially has to create her own "System", just for herself. It's why there are so few ascended Gods in the setting, most creatures wouldn't live the thousands of years required to not only amass the magic power needed, but also to even just begin to understand how to make use of it.

It's really bad. But well, in that sense, nothing new for Shiro eh?

Dex-chan lover
I’m 99^ sure she was supposed to be finished by now, magic extremity gives her a huge head-start when it comes to magecraft

Even that was something she lost, you know? In fact it's ironic you mention that, because not only was that yet another crutch she was dependent on,
it only existed at all because D installed it into the System for her use.

You kind of missed the point of her losing all her skills and other System related things....

Dex-chan lover
page 2 :
this is so backwards : a girl is carrying a carriage .
normally , a carriage is carrying a girl , lol .

page 4 :
- some dumb girls , who are not the main characters , in the manga goblin-slayer : feh , goblins ? they are so weak . even a weak girl , like me , can kill 1 goblin by myself .

then a few chapters later , these dumb girls get gobbed / get goblined by 69 goblins , lol sixty-nine .

page 7 :
- kumoko : yo demon queen , a girl shouldnt yell "uge" . ( a few seconds later , when kumoko sees a monkey ) UGE .

last page :
- vampire guy : ... ojou-sama ...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Welp, she's about to go from cold to really cold. The threat of death is the perfect way to learn how to get stronger!

I get that she doesn’t know how to get powerful again without the system, but it’s like watching someone play minecraft without knowing any recipes and they’re just at the start doing nothing, and in a video you’d just cut that part out…

Dex-chan lover
Even that was something she lost, you know? In fact it's ironic you mention that, because not only was that yet another crutch she was dependent on,
it only existed at all because D installed it into the System for her use.

You kind of missed the point of her losing all her skills and other System related things....
magic extremity is like getting the ability to write scripts/macros for a game, other people are using pre-made utilities, she was writing her own

Dex-chan lover
magic extremity is like getting the ability to write scripts/macros for a game, other people are using pre-made utilities, she was writing her own

You're both right and wrong at the same time, but ultimately incorrect. Magic extremity and the other Wisdom related bundled skills are all automatic. Meaning she was never writing her own spells even with those abilities, she was specifying what type of spell she wanted, and the skill created the circuit/formula for it. The novel version is quite specific about this, explaining how it works in the very chapter she obtained it.

The closest analogy would be if you asked ChatGPT/Co-pilot for a whole script, which you simply copy-pasted without reading it. You're "programming" but you don't have to be a programmer, and if that's how you're using it, you're not becoming one either.

So Magic Extremity is actually a factor in why she has no clue what to do now, since the skill did it all for her without her having to think. The problem with the Skills in this world is that even when they provide cognitive or knowledge-related bonuses, they usually do so automatically, without you understanding the contents or how they work. She was totally dependent on all manner of shortcuts and cheats.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I get that she doesn’t know how to get powerful again without the system, but it’s like watching someone play minecraft without knowing any recipes and they’re just at the start doing nothing, and in a video you’d just cut that part out…

In her case, she would write the code to play the game.

Dex-chan lover
Even if she's not strong enough, there are others who are.

Plot seems to progress at the rate of random encounters.

Considering how powerful she used to be, it's pretty painful to see her like this.
And it's dragging on a bit much.

Yep, the author drag this for too long, i want Shiro in full power "god" mode obliterate everything. :p
Maybe not that strong, but enough to actually do more than puke.

Double-page supporter
Feel like the should have given this manga a "Go read the light novel for the rest of the story" ending by now.
With how much they're skipping that would honestly be better at this point.

Double-page supporter
Web novel reader here.
Don't have time to read the whole manga from start at the moment, but just curious about something and hoping someone can provide an answer.
I guess my question is, in a sense.
"What point is the story at"

I know there were big deviations from the WN, with both the LN and manga,
LIke, for example, have we reached the point of Shiro
obtaining godhood?

Or, like what's happening in general?
Thanks in advance.
This is you --->:chad:
You're a chad.

Fed-Kun's army
Web novel reader here.
Don't have time to read the whole manga from start at the moment, but just curious about something and hoping someone can provide an answer.
I guess my question is, in a sense.
"What point is the story at"

I know there were big deviations from the WN, with both the LN and manga,
LIke, for example, have we reached the point of Shiro
obtaining godhood?

Or, like what's happening in general?
Thanks in advance.
This is you --->:chad:
You're a chad.

Yes she has reached godhood, but lost all of her powers.

To give you an idea of where the manga is (while skipping all of its content like usual lol), here is its equivalent in the WN :
Wrath's arc

Fed-Kun's army
They're literal spiders, and not one of them thought of using webbing to secure storage and suspend Shiro to negate her discomfort?? 🥴

Dex-chan lover
Feel like the should have given this manga a "Go read the light novel for the rest of the story" ending by now.
With how much they're skipping that would honestly be better at this point.

Probably the 50th time I'm saying it, but with how popular the series is aka how many people bought and read the novels, the point of the manga isn't to really deliver the story. Most readers in Japan will have already read the novels, therefore the context for this series is a bit different from some others.

So skipping context isn't a problem.

What the manga WILL do is continue to make a mockery of Shiro while it still can and make that as funny as possible, because a huge point of the story is that she keeps getting beaten down and never truly wins. That's actually tough for the novel to convey when it has to elucidate quite a hefty and heavy overarching plot, but the manga has more freedom here. Why else do you think the manga has almost solely told the story from her perspective? That's also different from the novels.

If you don't care for it and you're just here for the story or certain character arcs, then just treat it like it's done? I assumed you read the novel else you wouldn't have the context to complain. And if you haven't or are reading along...well, do you need the manga to go tell you to read the novels?

Dex-chan lover
Even if she's not strong enough, there are others who are.

Plot seems to progress at the rate of random encounters.

And it's dragging on a bit much.

Maybe not that strong, but enough to actually do more than puke.

Regarding her future power,
While she eventually recovers a good portion of her abilities, she'll never really get that strong ever again. Maybe stronger in some ways, but overall she'll be weaker than before she became a God by the end of the series. This is not a big deal and is better suited to her character, since she does her best work when she has to rely on the utility of her skills, her wits and sometimes her sheer desperation, rather than sheer strength.

If sheer power could have fixed all the problems in the world, Guliedistodiez would have taken care of everything long ago.

Just to remind people by the way. She's only been powerless for 4 chapters in a manga with over 100 chapters, and it's only been relevant in 2 of those. That's dragging? You just feel that way because it's a monthly manga, and because this chapter specifically is when it's relevant again. Sounds more like fishing for reasons to dislike the crumbling power fantasy.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Yes she has reached godhood, but lost all of her powers.

To give you an idea of where the manga is (while skipping all of its content like usual lol), here is its equivalent in the WN :
Wrath's arc
Thank you 🫡

Users who are viewing this thread