Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

I prefer the manga version. Maybe the novels have more info but jumping back and forth in the timeline like a frog on steroids is not a good thing. The art here is good, expressions and character are well portrayed. There are even epilogues peppered with info about other important characters at the end of each issue, the B-plots are not totally ignored.

@s0g00 I recommend starting from the beginning in the light novels since this manga skips like 99% of the side chapters that are important later on in the story (basically the volume of the light novel the manga is in right now and on)

Fed-Kun's army
I realise (as of right now) it skips most of the worldbuilding and the plotlines of other characters that are included in the LN and the anime, but even so I genuinely prefer the manga adaptation of this. Learning about events and characters alongside and at the same pace as Kumoko is infinitely more engaging to me than constantly ping-ponging back to whatever the teen angst squad is dealing with.

I gotta say I prefer the way everything is handled in the manga over the novel and Anime. I barely care at all about the side characters here and love the focus on kumoko. The pacing is perfect and a stringent story is making this more enjoyable than getting a lot of confusion every chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Does anyone know where to read the Light Novel?
As much as I want to buy it from Amazon, Bookwalker, and such. my country didn't really support cross-country transactions and my country's currency is trash since I live in a developing country.
I've found the Web Novel but people said it developed way too far from the source material.

READ THE LIGHT NOVELS! MANGA CUTS THE HALF OF THE STORY! ONCE THE MANGA REACHES LN VOL 5 YOU ALL WILL BE CONFUSED AS HELL! READ LN PLEASE

@cmoa it's been 5 years since the manga started. What are you talking about? Pacing is not perfect because manga cuts many important things. Once the manga reaches volume 5 of the novel you won't understand anything because you never saw it. After vol 5 story will be human focused and you wont know anything

Not to mention IN A FRICKING 5 YEARS MANGA STILL HASNT REACHED THE VOL 5! Light novel has reached Vol 14...

@lustr0 How about letting people enjoy the manga? If you don't like it, that great but that's you. So far the manga does a really good job at following Kumoko's story and the part that we don't know/understand are simply those that she doesn't know/understand either.

Apparently, the LN and the anime follow the POV of multiple people, which is a good way of doing a story, while this manga has decided to only follow Kumoko's POV, which is also a good storytelling method.
At the end of the day, people watch what they want to watch, and there's nothing you can do about it. So just relax and enjoy your part while others enjoy there's.

Really digging this, Gumo-chan's struggles and indomitable (evil) spirit have become a motivator of sorts to me. Anime looks a bit too confusing, I do like the focus on her in this manga here. It's quite a good adaptation , for something that was born as a light novel.

at first i only want to see what the anime cut out from it's adaptation, but i ended up reading all of it until the newest chapter, damn it

Fed-Kun's army
@lustr0
Doesn't change the fact they act like walking cliches and are, to be blunt, really not that interesting.
I don't give a fuck who they're dealing with, constantly bouncing back and forth between two radically different styles of storytelling is jarring at best and a poor approach to writing at worst.
Also, it's only a story. Why so mad?

@Monochrome_Scholar only really shun is a walking cliche and he's supposed to be written like that, plus the anime is about to get into the moment where the shun side stories start to get good

Users who are viewing this thread