Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Double-page supporter
@Yin_Yan
I suppose it's an overreaction to call them all cliche. It's just I've read and watched so many series with characters an plots like theirs that play out the exact same way that it just seems overfamiliar to me. As someone who is up to date with both the manga and anime and has only just started reading the LN, Kumoko's individual story is interesting because it at least focuses on a single character in a relatively unique setting, and is at least buoyed by her introspection and humor. In comparison the focus on the other characters at this point in time feels like (at least to me) a fairly generic fantasy that takes itself too seriously.

@Monochrome_Scholar
The anime is garbage no idea how people can watch it , horrible shit tier cgi and the humans story is boring as fuck and generic.
Personally i read the whole manga on a day and i really like it , except some minor parts.Bofuri anime got ruined worse than this though hahaha

@Monochrome_Scholar is reading the LN worth it? like i mean, is the cut content worth the time it takes me to read 150 chapters? some people say that the LN has a lot of content important to the plot later in the story

Double-page supporter
@Wancho
I mean, I only started reading it because I knew that, like most LNs, it goes significantly further into the story than either the manga or the anime. When I think of it that way, it seems worth it to power through the parts I already experienced.
Besides that, being the original version, it's not hard to imagine that the other adaptations have trimmed or truncated certain story beats, world bulding details, or character motivations. Hell, those of us who started with the manga didn't even know about
any of the other classmates being reincarnated
until a few chapters ago .

@Monochrome_Scholer if you have the time and kindness could you tell me what chapter is the manga at and what important points have i missed up until right now (where the manga leaves us)...? i really don't have the time to read the entire thing since exams are coming up

Double-page supporter
@Monochrome_Scholar If you start to read the LN, you might realize that Shun's lame walking cliche might be intentional, and its purpose was to become the contrast with Kumoko's POV. And by the time you reach volume 5, you might feel thankful that you've read the human POV. All of your resentment toward the lameness of boring humans POV would be paid in volume 5. At least that's how it went for me.

@Wancho Unfortunately, you still need to read from volume 1, especially the parts of non-Kumoko's POV (which are the chapters with unique suffixes, i.e: S1, J1, R1, Interlude, etc. You'll know when you see the ToC of the LN). You can skip Kumoko's POV since it's pretty much the same with manga. Do that until you finished volume 4. Afterwards, read volume 5 from the beginning.

@IcyKiwi Every 2 weeks on thursdays it seems. So expect one within the next 24 hours or less
You can also check the patreon to see if it's delayed etc...

Fed-Kun's army
funny, the cover always showing
D (Wakaba Hiiro) and
Kumo together.

rule of survival
number 1,, don't piss off something you don't know for sure
number 2,, never underestimate anything

Indigo that the Manga is doing things in an alternate pace but still covering the same ground.

For those of us in the know,
Anime-only folks probably already figured out the time skip at this point even without the Manga making it obvious.

I can't wait for top waifu materiel Ariel to get more screen time. Single mother or not, she has the moe.

Users who are viewing this thread