Kuni ni Saikyou no Barrier wo Hattara Heiwa ni Narisugite Tsuihou Saremashita. Sono Barrier, Eizoku Janai yo? - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Banned
For those that are curious there is a reason the dragon girl is trying so hard to eat him

Later when the MC finally gets around to asking why she is trying the dragon girl reveals that she can absorb the powers of the creatures she eats and she wants his barrier magic to become stronger. And since she can't break his barrier she will just hang around until he dies of old age.
so... loli is dragon food? I guess the best girl is the first girl by eating the other girls.

Banned
this manga is a shame because the art is actually pretty good for this type of story and the mc is actually looks kinda different from other mcs you usually see. Everything else is just iffy at best and dogwater at worst.
He looks like Reporter Kaji from Evangelion. The dragon babe is just a blonde Misato Katsuragi from Evangelion.

Ank

Fed-Kun's army
Its really hard to understand the translations I honestly have a lot of trouble following whats being said

Dex-chan lover
Its really hard to understand the translations I honestly have a lot of trouble following whats being said
I'm not sure why people have so much trouble following this manga. I mean sure, it is rushed, but with this many tropes, it shouldn't be too hard to understand.
It's not like "Dekisokonai..." that is getting anime this season, and I'm watching the anime to make sense of the manga.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure why people have so much trouble following this manga. I mean sure, it is rushed, but with this many tropes, it shouldn't be too hard to understand.
It's not like "Dekisokonai..." that is getting anime this season, and I'm watching the anime to make sense of the manga.
Either they are not trying, have horrible reading comprehension skills, or are massively exaggerating their issues for reasons/trolling purposes.

I have seen to many people complain about things I had no problem understanding, sometimes I wonder if it is people complaining because the translation is not using their local slang, so they have to put more effort into knowing what specific words mean when they would normally use others in their place.

Dex-chan lover
Either they are not trying, have horrible reading comprehension skills, or are massively exaggerating their issues for reasons/trolling purposes.

I have seen to many people complain about things I had no problem understanding, sometimes I wonder if it is people complaining because the translation is not using their local slang, so they have to put more effort into knowing what specific words mean when they would normally use others in their place.

'sadly' some people just have that high of dunning kruger level

recently saw a guy make rather horrible take in another series, tried to correct them then after frankly far too long they clarified that their comment was not about the moment every other comments replied to them was about, but rather a different moment in the chapter...a moment that anyone who can remember how the chapter's event came to be would likely never come to that same horrible take...block the guy after that.

Dex-chan lover
So his shield magic can heal her too? Why say he can only use shield magic, if he can do EVERYTHING with it? At this point they might as well have just let him use all magic anyway.

Dex-chan lover
So his shield magic can heal her too? Why say he can only use shield magic, if he can do EVERYTHING with it? At this point they might as well have just let him use all magic anyway.
Spoiler for the next chapter, based on novel:
Apparently, he can make the inside of the barrier promote healing. Which is not the same as healing magic, because it is a lot slower.

Contributor
Hmm, so this guy is the exact opposite of a glass cannon. Effectively 0 attack and 100 defense makes low-level adventuring a real pain for him, especially against weak monsters where reflect won't help; now that makes things a bit more interesting. He can't die, sure but he also can't kill weak enemies if his money depended on it. Also Fey is probably lying about humans not tasting good, because why would she try to eat him last time then?

Their easygoing, "IDGAF I'll eat like it's my last meal" attitude at the feast was funny. Both of them are shameless gluttons. I guess I'll give this a chance if it keeps leaning into the comedy direction. There's way too many serious power fantasies already anyway. If this turns out to be a less serious story like Konosuba I'm going to enjoy it better.

So... healing as a function of barrier magic? That's kind of stretching it, isn't it? Reminds me of those "healer" manga where "healing" is used in questionable and barely valid ways to defeat enemies.

Dex-chan lover
loli dragon in chapter one, loli student in chapter 2? this mangaka is speed running this!

what a haughty girl, disrespecting MC and even telling him a fraud..
she got a good reason to doubt him though
why would a court magician offer to tutor somebody outside of the capital? if anything, she should be the one coming to the capital to ask him
his clothes and manner wasnt anything you would expect from a high ranking person either

Dex-chan lover
Hol up let him cook, kinda torn on whether I should be happy or sad that the story is going at a incredible rate. Overall pretty nice art and good story telling. A read when you have nothing better to do with life

Users who are viewing this thread