Kuro no Senki: Isekai Teni Shita Boku ga Saikyou na no wa Bed no Ue dake no You desu - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.3

@Kireato

I meant, the fact she and other elf girl with her can speak properly, a soldier (which has to know organized formation at least) and know some social manner within hierarchical society, they should know having more knowledge like basic mathematics and reading skills would really help in life.

But the manga portrayed them as voluntarily being sex slaves if their "masters" are powerful people like the MC. He may not be powerful like the usual isekai MC does but he has authority of a noble and having a nobleman as your man really help.

Dex-chan lover
@NearDarkroad
@Kireato

They probably aren't stupid, but the fact that they come from the slums and were made into soldiers early on means they know little of how the world works for a free man.
They could most likely do 1+1 and basic math and speaking could be learned if the situation requires it with repetition.
But reading isn't something you learn without trying, or by chance.

They could even have picked up military tactics and other skills as a means of survival in the army or the slums, but that doesn't mean they know anything about how to live as a commoner.
They would have no idea that being able to read is important as they themselves never actually needed it.
They are for all intents and purposes not much more than slaves, so they would know very little about everyday life outside of combat and the life of a slum rat.
That doesn't make them stupid, it makes them uneducated and uninformed.
And uninformed people make a lot of false assumptions, like believing that anybody could do anything if they were allowed too.

Dex-chan lover
@NearDarkroad

Well it was noted that they can count. As for reading, it comes with general education being mandatory, and I'm not sure that's already the case in the fantasy world depicted. Otherwise, it likely wasn't widespread and not seen as particularly useful.

Being a voluntary sex slave is hardly all that odd. It is well known that prostitution is the oldest job in the world (and even amongst animals, there will be exchanges of food for sexual favours and males will in general protect their pack of females because that's just a part of the relationship.) If anything it's a smart move to curry the favour of a powerful man through sexual favours. It requires no skill, only to be blessed with a nice appearance, and it will provide quickly for a much better life.

And of course, I understand that in our modern times, it's fairly deplorable to see someone exchanging sexual favours for a better life because they do not have other opportunities due to lack of education or something else, but prostitution is still very much a thing even now, and there is nothing dumb about the elves talking about being very eager to please a powerful man.

he is nailing his direct subordinate isnt he?
thats gotta be against some kind of army regulation....

Group Leader
Leyla casually dropping that she got raped multiple times while in the slums.

@CrynoZephyr There was one, someone must have removed it.

Thanks Yu-Gi-Oh and every chuuni anime i've seen to know that Deneb is the brightest star in cygnus and letting me know that Arided is another sister of the SUBARU sisters

@Kireato

Prostitution always looked negatively to eye of the masses in general throughout human history. Keyword, in general.

Now, voluntary sex slaves and prostitution meant different things. The former defines oneself as a sex slave in her/his life in its entirety untill they regain freedom while prostitution only involve one part of life of someone as it is work rather than the whole status of oneself.

For other parts of your argument, I agree with most of them.

But still...man, its like these female elves only exist in the story to please the MC's dick.

There is also about the heroine elf who expose her backstory and straightaway declare her love to the MC. It feels force and triggers my "gold digger" alarm.

@HDMI1
You translated some manga right?
Does the mods (Mangadex) decide the tags or do the one who post it decide cause we really fuckin need a smut tag since the main the name for it is japanese and the majority can't read it

Users who are viewing this thread