Kuro no Shoukanshi - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - The Water Kingdom Torage

Double-page supporter
Well, to be fair, i was like every isekai MC too. I was in UK for 3 years for study. For economic reasons i didnt eat rice for months. Then one night i have a rice-deficiency-drawback. That itch, that craving for rice must be satiated. Then i scour the whole city for asian diner. Mind you it was 1am; most shops were closed. But when i found one, it feels divine.

So, as an asian who eat rice the moment our teeth grows, its understandable.

Fed-Kun's army
Not a day without rice for us asians

Though it can always be replaced with bread but wheres the fun in that

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad So much fucking this!! It's like people who go sightseeing in Europe or some other country and then bitch about the difference in food.

Dex-chan lover
I want an isekai where the dumb dragon quest player is horrified to find he has nothing to eat but gruel, dried meat, weak ale, and rye bread.

Dex-chan lover
@Tradless Its not the same. I have a penchant for cereal myself but rice and bread are there own thing. I know that i get upset without cereal for breakfast. I am Australian but rice is indeed delicious. Imagine a big part of your daily diet since you were young being absent! Take the base of what you eat and exchange it for something else as different as bread is to rice.

They may both be grains but its honestly like comparing chocolate to honey or lollies. Sure its all sweet but its not the same. A cheesecake is not the same as an apple pie. Anyway you get the idea.

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad Im no dragon quest player but if i was in that world i would HAVE to conquer it and sort out the food situation. At the very least secure some decent stuff for myself.

I mean none of your things were even vegetables.

@gaigous You have to remember most of these isekai manga have the MC stuck in the universe for years, I've lived in different parts of Asia for the past 5 years and the thing i miss the most is mexican, dont get me wrong i love the food out here but i just want a good chimichanga damnit

Dex-chan lover
@bigharrymoosecock Can we not just have a page or two instead of an entire chapter or god forbid an entire arc dedicated to finding whatever ethnic foods the MC is craving?

Dex-chan lover
can confirm that us asians can get rice-high once we eat rice after an extended period where we couldn't.

Dex-chan lover
@bigharrymoosecock mexican food? good luck finding it. only thing i've found is Chilli's in Jakarta (Tex-mex). the only mexican food you can easily find in indonesia are nachos and dip at the supermarket

Aggregator gang
"...I'm not good with formalities," says the queen who sits on her throne, emotionless.

i guess for people who only eat rice while on diet or on Asian/Mexican food, looking at these people REALLY thinking highly of rice is weird.
i mean as an Asian, 100% i eat rice everyday, and you can't substitute it no matter what, every time i go out to another country, when they only give bread even though (maybe) it enough fill one person eating, it's never makes me full, but on the other hand when i eat rice, i got full faster.
it's not about making it sacred, but it's about habit.

Double-page supporter
Imagine if you will.... countries without beef. Only chicken. Months go by and you have not had the taste of a steak, or a burger.
Eventually you find shards of dried meat and that there is one country that has cows.

When you eat something that you're used to and no longer have it, you may find that you crave it.

Aggregator gang
I get the mc, I don't know what I would do if I don't eat tortillas in my breakfast with 1 habanero on the side...

I'm starting to get hungry.

Dex-chan lover
Rice is nice, but did anyone notice on page 10 a drunk Sera trying to make out with the elf chick?

Just saying.

its seems like in every isekai the MC goes on a rice adventure its a custom at this point

Dex-chan lover
Princess (or was it queen) first looked a bit like she had a rod trusted through her skull.

Personal attendant, huh? Nice naming for concubine/mister...

Users who are viewing this thread