Kuro no Shoukanshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 47 - Mock Battle III

Supporter
Yet another cliff? Oh boy, and here I was naively looking forward the conclusion in this chapter...

Dex-chan lover
Is it weird I actually want him to kill her? I mean she's basically asking for it.

Fed-Kun's army
To remind y'all praying for a death, they have a spell cast on the that prevents that

Dex-chan lover
@Echonic AnonymousWeeaboo If you paid attention, they have basically the strongest holy magic user in the world right there. She casted a spell that's probably the Equivalent of Second Chance from the Soulsbourne series. If they would die, they'd probably just pop back to 1 HP. So even if one of them dies, they'll stay fine. If they pop that spell on their opponent, they win. Or if they get their opponent to exit the fighting circle.

Dex-chan lover
@ravidya
Yea, but I ignored it at first because I though they wouldn't put such a mary sue-ish power in this manga.

Double-page supporter
@AnonymousWeeaboo He's already an S-rank, this is a mock battle to demonstrate the power of these S-ranks, which also proves why they deserve that rank. They also both have a magic barrier the priestess cast on them to prevent deathblows, so they shouldn't die until after that barrier has already been broken. They're trying to kill each other because Kelvin is battle crazy to the extreme and wants a life or death fight but, I'm not sure if she's the same as him or if she has her own separate reasoning to try to kill him.
@Echonic But magic like that is pretty common, especially in things like video games and it requires a lot of mp to use. It even drains the priestess that casts it to the point she has to chug magic restoration potions. It is in no way perfect, which is what Mary Sue-ish implies (Mary Sue=Perfect fictional character that can do no wrong).

Dex-chan lover
@Echonic It is an Isekai, but I think surviving a single Deathblow is not that OP. It also eats up a lot of Mana since they were basically force-feeding the Pope MP potions in the background whent he spells were being cast.

Group Leader
In that position he can just roll onto his back and use her as a shield from the spell.

Dex-chan lover
@ravidya
Ok. Nah I actually don't really have anything to add to that, I don't really hate her I just don't think she's really all that interesting of an antagonist.

@Leo80221
I just thought it was mary sue-ish because it could later be used as a way to resurrect literally anyone who dies as long as she has enough mana.

Users who are viewing this thread