Kuro no Souzou Shoukanshi - Tenseisha no Hangyaku - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
A lot of emphasis on this couple we know nothing about. You need to give us a reason to care about them first. At least show us his wife first.

Should have just killed Ryuk at the first sign of betrayal. His kid would be better off an orphan than being raised by a drunk, murderous psycho that thought it was ok killing everybody for the possibility that the obvious villain would hold up her end and rez his wife.

Dex-chan lover
@celedruin
And to add, he was willingly killing himself to be "together" with his wife, knowing full well the chimera is an amalgamation.
He preached lenancy using his child, only to ultimately not give a shit about him in the end.

Hopefully, knowing how edge-dark this story is, he cuts his own throat. Men like him are cowards.

@Ironclad they did show her before but they don’t want us to care about the couple more like just to explain why he is betraying them instead of sudden betrayal with no reason behind it.

Not only is he betraying the whole town for a hope that would never happen but his son is half beastkin and this thing targets beastkins so most likely his son would die too.

Fed-Kun's army
This story-line is lasting way too long. It's a racist B-movie villain with some generic blob monster employing someone to irrationally betray his own race so he can leave his son fatherless and join the blob. But its been going on for 6 or more chapters and we aren't even close to getting to this jobber ass villain. We're just barely killing the monster blob now.

Dex-chan lover
TFW you think you've been isekaied into a European Fantasy setting but it's actually Lovecraftian.

Dex-chan lover
this is so fucked up on so many levels...we need those chimera makers hanged, drawn, and quartered, but that might be overkill..

Fed-Kun's army
@Wolvenworks
When you talk about chimera I think about "that FMA scene"... Well thanks to that I am a bit immune to that atrocity we have here. Still fked up and makes my heart ache.

@bradek
Yeah it seems this chapter was released hastily.

@TheStuffedUnicorn I beg to differ, it only feels as if it was dragging the plot way too long because chapters take forever to come. Is still quite early, there are only 12 chapters here.

Fed-Kun's army
@BloodySorcerer I mean its a roughly monthly release and this subjugation/quest started chapter 6 or 7. And the betrayal reveal (to the audience) was in chapter 8. And in chapter 12 , 4 months and 4 months later, the characters in the story have caught up to the point the audience is at. Since chapter 8 til now its just been war room meetings with that racist lady and whatever else not memorable or interesting enough for me to even want to check. Its the responsibility of the author to make sure each chapter pushes the plot forward in a meaningful, develops a character(s) or showcases an action set-piece. I haven't felt any chapter in the past handful has done that adequately. Plus MC just wandered into town and the guild just randomly dragged our protagonist into this so it doesn't feel like this event holds that much weight or importance.

So that's what I mean by the plot dragged. Not an illusion because there are too few chapters in a monthly manga about brick, his blob wife and racist lady with extra sinister on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread