Kuroshitsuji

@thoxi1026
I watch the anime first, but at S01 ch. 15 or so it deviates from the manga and becomes an original work. S02 is original and “book of circus” and “book of murder” (ova) are very much like the manga. The movie also follows the arc in the manga.

I personally watched S01 and S02 before reading the manga because they hadn’t released any other anime season yet and I went to the manga because I wanted to know the full story 😂

I like to watch anime first because it’s more visually attractive for me. Also although the stories are mostly original the first 2 seasons are VERY good.

You could start with the anime and then go to the manga, I did that way back then and im still here 😂

@necromach if it’s in terms of story telling, the very first season of the anime (that started to deviate from the manga after ep 15 with the curry competition) and then the original characters in S2 would probably confuse manga readers or upset them putting them in the “it’s not great corner” kinda like how FMA fans always tell new viewers to watch brotherhood and not the original run
But for manga readers that want to watch the anime, the way in which you should watch it that follows the manga is
S1 until ep 15 >book of circus>OVA: book of murder>movie: book of atlantica
Or everything will confuse you if you watch it in release order

I love this series! Watched the anime several years ago, and just started reading the manga. It’s awesome! Some of the manga wasn’t in the anime, and season 2 was an original storyline not in the manga, so I wanted to get the full story.

Dex-chan lover
Here to know about the female weeb culture as well as Connor's character.

Hope I don't die first.

@Aquacookiez233 i know i'm a little late in answering your question but the author is working on twisted wonderland for disney, so they haven't had much time to work on black butler. we're lucky that the series wasn't completely put on hiatus.

this turned into BardxLau enemies-to-lovers doctorxpatient and they were roommates hospital au real quick lol

Dex-chan lover
I used to buy the manga, but i dropped after the Blue Revenge Arc. Lots of boring flashbacks, backgrounds of secondary characters that nobody asked for, a main plot that never advances and each ch has fewer and fewer pages (the Blue Revenge Arc will be five years old!). The manga is called "Black Butler", but it's been four years without him or the featured protagonist. I switched from this manga to "Shadows House" and "Toilet Bound Hanako-kun (from the same publisher!)" respectively and i don't regret it! :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Why did the stop getting translated? What happened?

Also why are there so little comments?
The manga continues to be translated officially, but the fansubs stopped translating themselves after being notified of a "copyright lawsuit".

Users who are viewing this thread