KUROTRONIC SCANS - WE NEED TYPESETTERS, TLS, REDRAWERS & RECRUITERS!! [URGENT]

Group Leader
PT0lQl.gif
Okay, I'm gonna cut to the chase: We. Need. Help.

As some of you may know, we're a brand-new group that's looking to pick up/scanlate old, out of print, lost and obscure manga to give them a chance to shine again. We've already recruited some members and they're all doing a great job, but we desperately need more hands.

As the title of the thread says, we urgently need people to help us in the following positions:

MANGA-SPECIFIC POSITIONS
- Typesetters (preferably experienced)
- JP->ENG Translators - ABSOLUTELY NO MACHINE TRANSLATION--If I wanted to use MTL, I would've done so on my own. We need someone with an intermediate to expert level in both the Japanese and English language, specifically the written aspects. (This means you need to have an adequate knowledge of the grammar, vocabulary and writing rules in both languages.)
- Redrawers (preferably experienced) - Knows their way around Photoshop, Paint Tool Sai, or Picsart.

GENERAL GROUP POSITIONS
- Recruiters and "Repliers" - We need someone with some good internet connection and even better time on their hands 🤠Recruiters are in charge of making recruitment ads (like this one!) across multiple platforms, as well as constructing simple recruitment pages to place at the end/start of our releases (nothing too fancy--you don't have to be Picasso for this.)

Repliers have more responsibility--they'll be the ones to take care of our group's email inbox, DMs, PMs and Google Drive (along with myself.) My living circumstances are a bit tough; I experience power outages and poor internet connection almost daily where I live, so I can't give as quick replies as I want to. I really need a couple more people to help me out with this, and be able to give replies, receive forms, and answer inquiries as quick as possible. This is a really important position, so only apply if you're absolutely sure you can handle it.

Our lovely recruitment form is here: https://forms.gle/VR97SbPKLoqh7Ans5
We've yet to release our first chapter of our first work, Chocomimi by Konami Sonoda (RIP.) This is a cute, fun, and wacky 4-koma manga that ran from 2005 to 2019. Sadly, Miss Konami passed away last year in August due to breast cancer, leaving Chocomimi to get discontinued. It was licensed for a few years by
Viz Media
but they only ever did 5 volumes (after their VizKids line went defunct), and the rest were never localized in English. I managed to obtain 10 full volumes of it, thankfully, so our goal is to eventually release them all in honour of the late Miss Konami and to make sure her hard work gets the appreciation it deserves and that it's never forgotten. If anyone ever manages to get a hold of the 11th and final volume, please let us know!

This was lengthier than I expected, but hopefully we got our point across. TL;DR: We need typesetters, redrawers, translators, recruiters and repliers and we need 'em now. So please, if you have the time and skill we need, lend us a helping paw--I mean hand (P.S. We don't bite--promise! 🤭) Join Kurotronic Scans today for oldies, goldies and obscure manga goodness!

cropped-1599404193035-2.png

Group Leader
Bump! Still looking for more applicants! Please help us out if you can!

Users who are viewing this thread