Kusanagi-sensei Is Being Tested - Vol. 2 Ch. 196 - Necessary Distance

Oh, look, its the two new MCs that have come in here to end this arc! Everyone, lets cheer for them!

Dex-chan lover
I am pretty sure the main focus was the daughter but I seem to have forgotten tbh.

Ugh, when are we getting back to the teacher macking on the 13 years old. Enough with this wholesome arc about post breakup friendship and introspection on failed romance and youth's mistakes. I hate enjoying myself.

Reading every new chapter of this arc like "Wow I can't wait to not know who these characters are or what's happening and why"

Dex-chan lover
Manga: Is about Kusanagi and how her high school crush's daughter looks identical to her crush, and she trying to not fall again for the shadow of her crush.
Arc: Is about Kusanagi and how Mina's presence and Kusanagi's idealization about her overshadowed her next relationship
People are somehow getting pissed about this, why?

@TanithG

Mostly because the 4koma format does not work at all for this. Like it's nice depth and backstory, but it would be more coherent in a longer format. (one would hope, anyway)
As is, it just feels like we've skipped around and lost track of characters.

@TanithG Bc what The one who sighs said. Plus, this arc wont shut up about smoking. Plus+++++ its waaaaayyyyy too long. Like seriously, could we not have covered this in 3-4 chapters if she shut the hell up about smoking?
This might, might, have been acceptable if the author had slowly told us all this, in-between actual chapters with the teacher and girl. But putting this stupid long novel about smoking right after the flashback was way too much.
Seriously, the flashbacks would have been nice additions in-between chapters. And this novel would be much more palatable if we had a flashback to the girl and what she is doing right now as they talk (like looking at her photos of sensei or whatever), or the teacher had a flashback/told a story of her to the ex.
In other words, it be better if it wasn't all about fucking smoking!

Dex-chan lover
@monoreposo It feels this long because the TL isn't updated regularly, as far I can see in the raws, we are around 150 chapters (pages) behind (I'm grateful that we get an update at all, I'm not criticizing Squiggles)

I seriously like the whole analogy of smoking and her relationship with Aki (being the first thing that she shared with her, and the 'link' that remained even after breaking up, how Aki stopped smoking but Mina still does, etc), but apparently that's not everyone's cup of tea, can't help it.

@TanithG Geh.... well, the biggest issue for me, besides the length and the nonstop smoke talk, is that this relationship seems far better, healthier, and possible than the actual story. I can actually see this happening and having a happily ever after ending withing 10-20 chapters (if she would seriously ask her out again and be honest with how she feels). While actual ship is forever screwed and forked up. You can't keep shoving this healthy and wholesome relationship(ignoring the smoking) down my throat and expect me to be all "oh that was fun, now back to main story" afterwards. I ain't going to be able to ship nor root for the kid anymore. She is already being degraded to a normal bg chara/student in my mind.

Plus, the only thing I feel like I learned from this side story is that Sensei is indecisive AF. Slowly starting to root for all her relationships to fail. This dunce is currently in love with 3 people, couldn't get over any of them and never will

Dex-chan lover
Kusanagi should just go poly route, get em all. Btw thank you for translations.

Dex-chan lover
@TheOneWhoSighs
Mostly because the 4koma format does not work at all for this. Like it's nice depth and backstory, but it would be more coherent in a longer format. (one would hope, anyway)
As is, it just feels like we've skipped around and lost track of characters.
Hard agree. I'll put this one on hold for now, and come back to binge it when there are dozen or so chapters accumulated.

BTW, thanks for translating, Squiggles!

Fed-Kun's army
Not quite sure how this is relevant for the main story, other than it's mildly interesting to learn about sensei's past. As such, I just skim this. :)

Users who are viewing this thread