Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I really hope this isnt a triangle between the Fml and the bitch-snake eyed girl. Idgaf if she secretly liked him, talking shit behind your back and saying it feels good to talk to a lower life form is not the way.

Dex-chan lover
That's an extremely limited way to see interactions with women. It almost sounds like you are talking about a wild animal you need to tame, not fellow human beings. If this is the only way you interact with women, it's no wonder you think they are a mystery.
I’ll stop using any semblance of humor here, because you are taking this in WAY too dark of a direction, and if you’re implicating there’s objectification, something I am very passionately against, then it’s time to get serious.

This matter clearly is something you don’t consider or have experience with, either because you’re a woman yourself and don’t think about the male side of the fence, because you never wanted to date, or because the general circumstances didn’t apply when you did. This perception you gave of “flirting in a general sense is just a way to tame a wild animal, and women aren’t animals” is a corrupted way of perceiving flirting and relationships as a whole, and implies that you are forcing men into even more of a strict binary where any attempt to swoon the opposite sex is objectification. Before I began making any serious attempt at dating, and before picking up tips from married couples, this led mentality to a lot of unnecessary heartbreak and missed opportunities.

Dex-chan lover
I’ll stop using any semblance of humor here, because you are taking this in WAY too dark of a direction, and if you’re implicating there’s objectification, something I am very passionately against, then it’s time to get serious.
You weren't being serious before? Since when?
This perception you gave of “flirting in a general sense is just a way to tame a wild animal, and women aren’t animals” is a corrupted way of perceiving flirting and relationships as a whole, and implies that you are forcing men into even more of a strict binary where any attempt to swoon the opposite sex is objectification.

I'm sorry, but you are projecting, because "forcing men into a strict binary" is exactly what you did with the comment I was replying to. In fact, that's exactly what I was calling you out for.

Dex-chan lover
You weren't being serious before? Since when?

I'm sorry, but you are projecting, because "forcing men into a strict binary" is exactly what you did with the comment I was replying to. In fact, that's exactly what I was calling you out for.
I was not going at this with a comedic approach at all, but I casually worded several phrases.

If you aren’t going to respond to my dialogue other than “No you”, I won’t ruin the experience of people simply looking to talk about manga.

I’ll leave on two notes though:
1) Manga is fiction.
2) The way the opposite sex views relationships through VERY different lenses for a myriad of mutable and immutable reasons I don’t want to clog the comment section of MangaDex with.

Please keep both in mind.

Dex-chan lover
The way the opposite sex views relationships through VERY different lenses for a myriad of mutable and immutable reasons I don’t want to clog the comment section of MangaDex with.
That has nothing to do with sex, it has to do with mentality, and again, having such a strict approach to interacting with women only propagates those stereotypes that, at the end of the day, are harmful to everyone involved, and I do mean everyone.

Dex-chan lover
Translation seems nice, typesetting and text editing could use some work.

Story seems fine so far, but I like these stories that start off with the MC having some sort of lie that could be revealed, and it's just waiting to see what happens. Have some hopes for this, but hope it picks up pace and doesn't stay mired in this morass for too long.

Dex-chan lover
Is it another predictable trash ? i do quite like the fmc , so i hope that wont be the case.......

Dex-chan lover
Gaaaahhh I can feel the MC's pain but I can also understand where she's coming from. Her innocence and severe lack of understanding of the social caste for teenagers uuuugh the pain

Dex-chan lover
Agreed.
And I hope you don't mind a slight derailing, but this manga reminds me of how much the whole "schoolboy having a life motto" trope weirds me out. Hyouka and this manga are just two examples (Oregairu takes this to a laughable extent).
Except Hyouka is actually good, and Oreki has depth. Tropes aren't bad just how they are presented.

Dex-chan lover
"His new high school life seems promising, as no one is aware of his hidden past...except for one person"

Did they forget the plot of their comic or something? I get this changes quickly and is by no means a set thing, but it's only the second chapter and we've already IMMEDIATELY got someone else who knows his past, and it's the worst person of all.

Dex-chan lover
Something about Hebikawa tells me she wouldn't just be mean for no reason. She has the eyes of someone with expectations.

I predict she said all that to make MC proactive.

That or she's a sadist who wants to see her man squirm.

Supporter
Did they forget the plot of their comic or something? I get this changes quickly and is by no means a set thing, but it's only the second chapter and we've already IMMEDIATELY got someone else who knows his past, and it's the worst person of all.
When you read the plot/premise of mangas on MD or other aggregators, especially new ones, its usually just a summary of the first chapter. It's almost never indicative of what the series is actually like

Dex-chan lover
The usual development will take place, won't it? Like, I have yet to see a manga where the mc just cuts these kinds of judgemental people off his life, like holy hell. "OH I'M NOT GONNA BE NEAR A GIRL BECAUSE DIPSHITS WILL CRY" or "OH, THE SIMPS ARE GONNA BE SAD BECAUSE THE GIRL THEY GET HARD OVER IS TALKING WITH ANOTHER GUY"

STOP IT, GET SOME HELP YOU FUCKING SIMPS
LEAVE THEM ALONE, LEMME SEE THE WHOLESOME

Anyways, how's your day?

Power Uploader
The part where he left the girl alone and the other boys were asking her out. That was just too much. Even if you have zero social skills, you should probably have some sort of human understanding to not leave someone in a position like that. If you do that kind of thing then you're probably a sub-human and have no rights to live.

dont like the pacing but the art is cute and expressive so ill stay. but seriously though i just gotta ignore the dialogue exchange. its so painful to read through all that...

honestly... i think they did not change for the better... i fear...

Dex-chan lover
Might I be allowed to shift that person's assertion just a bit? Two groups of people are hating on the hero: people that are like him, and people that are like Hebikawa.

"Adequately confident" on its own is kind of ridiculous. Self-esteem isn't that easy to build up, at least not through things like physical changes. All of his confidence right now is based entirely on the fact that he looks good and is accepted by other people. In other words, his confidence is dependent on the opinions of others. And it's still very shaky, and understandably so, given how wary he is of the "top-rung" guys. He sees his self-worth as dependent on his status, and that status as a very thing that can be easily toppled by the slightest antagonism of the top-tier individuals. This isn't helped by his conviction that those on the top rung are not only aware of their status but also hold nothing but contempt to those "below" them. A truly confident person would recognize his own worth, but for someone who'd decided he needs to "fix" himself and just managed to "succeed" at this, that is not really a possibility. All he has is a sense of security that he can in normal circumstances avoid being ostracized. Confidence will take a lot more time.

Also, just because he knew her in junior high doesn't mean he "knew" her back then. Neither of them interact in a way that suggests they'd actually talked or interacted. Just because they were both outcasts and often ended up in the same place doesn't mean either of them had the self-confidence to actually form any kind of real connection. I mean, she acts like he might not remember who she even is. As far as he's concerned, she's a stranger who may have some awareness of the pain of the bottom but was still of "higher status" and would eventually behave accordingly.

On top of that, honestly I'd say that her behavior is stranger. It takes some serious lack of awareness to get so close to a member of the opposite sex without any realization that this could lead to people thinking certain things. She doesn't even seem to notice the looks the guys are giving Keisuke or the whispers of the girls. He may be (understandably) over-sensitive of these things, but she's completely lacking in this area, thus his frustration with her and her behavior, which is again driven to greater heights by his tension over whether he'll be able to keep his "position".

On a different note, there's one thing I was very happy to see: Ririsa actually remaining a part of the story. In a lot of stories, once the jerk who traumatizes someone has succeeded in leaving that scar, they're removed from the story and either never return or only make the briefest of appearances near the end without any real resolution. I'm hoping at the least that she'll suffer some kind of embarrassment or comeuppance, but what I really want is to see her actually regret her past behavior and apologize for it. I practically never see that, and I honestly find it very satisfying. Not to mention that it'd be a good step, even a final step, in helping him heal and gain confidence to see the one who convinced him that those at the top would only laugh at those below them recognize that she was wrong to do so.
That's a well composed argument that I have a hard time rebutting. That, I can accept. The other dude's complain about people whining about the stereotypical MC because of, "you see yourself in MC, and you don't like that it's pathetic" is stupid.

In before the "dense MC" crowd shuffles in. Dude has no experience and (apparently) no one to turn to for advice so he's stuck trying to figure everything out in a total vacuum. If he gets ANYTHING right under these conditions, it's a freaking miracle.
Yeah, he also had a bad experience with girls so he doesn't wanna get hurt again. I hate dense Mc's but he is still fine. As long as he has his development

I'm pretty sure every man who hate the mc hate him because they see themselves in him and don't want to admit it. Like:
-He tried his best to change himself.
-Even though he achieved what he wants, there is still a scar left that scare him, which is accurate as fuck, trauma is not easy to forget.
-He won't know that the girl likes him just because she acts friendly with him because SHE fucking asked him on how to be friendly with people and asked him to help her practise. (Even I don't know if the girl like him or not, like, someone tell you that they want you to help them practise being friendly with people and they start being friendly with you, if you then assume that they're being friendly with you because they like you, how down bad are you?)

This is all I can say because there're only 2 chapters rn, but I won't stand for it if someone hate on him for some bullshit excuses.
facts

Users who are viewing this thread