Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 70 - Festering Resentment (Part 1)

Double-page supporter
You are forgetting that Loumen being kicked out caused Lakan to be sent away. The butterfly effect extends way deeper.
Is that a spoiler? I don't remember it being specified why Lakan was forced into extended deployment during that arc in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the most plausible thing she's talking about is the possible presence of someone orchestrated the dismissal of her father and the removal of notices thereafter the dismissal.

To remove policies put in place for safety reasons, they must have used argument that a criminal's work or words were no longer held credibility, thus setting into motion the repeated poisonings of children/heirs of the concubines/consorts.

Since her father has returned despite his criminal record, its likely the same person will try to orchestrate another reason for him to leave or be dealt with permanently while his credibility in the palace is still low.
Someone is playing the VERY long game...

So Loumen had warned the rear palace about the poisonous cosmetics decades ago, yet nobody seemed to know about it. Such valuable, life-saving information shouldn't have been forgotten. It is entirely possible that Luomen's warnings were discredited due to him being labeled a criminal. But the palace has been suffering a string of illness and deaths due to their lack of knowledge. Its gotten bad enough to raise concerns about the emperor's bloodline, and therefore, the future of the empire. And we've already seen that people are working from the inside to slowly destabilize the regime. Could someone have been orchestrating this from the very beginning?

Fed-Kun's army
One thing I find fascinating is how CatCat is willing to act on her headcannon and theories. It's a stark contrast to her dad who seems to only work on explicit facts and logic. I wonder if that's tied to whoever sabotaged him - he had no explicit evidence against them and no way to defend himself in the face of his burning reputation.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this ain't good. The author Nekokurage was just indicted for tax evasion

Dex-chan lover
Well, this ain't good. The author Nekokurage was just indicted for tax evasion
not the author, just the artist of this manga, and it seems they were less so indicted and more so given a warning. they had a statement basically saying they fucked up their 2022 taxes and are working with an accountant to straighten everything out. shouldn't be a prison time situation

Dex-chan lover
not the author, just the artist of this manga, and it seems they were less so indicted and more so given a warning. they had a statement basically saying they fucked up their 2022 taxes and are working with an accountant to straighten everything out. shouldn't be a prison time situation
so.... no lockup? i mean it will be fked up if the seires like cancelled.

Dex-chan lover
so.... no lockup? i mean it will be fked up if the seires like cancelled.
doesn't look like it, just a big headache and a big fine on their end. The more interesting news was the artists real name got doxxed in the process of all this

Dex-chan lover
doesn't look like it, just a big headache and a big fine on their end. The more interesting news was the artists real name got doxxed in the process of all this
hope it wont affect the artist work progress after this one passes

Dex-chan lover
One thing I find fascinating is how CatCat is willing to act on her headcannon and theories. It's a stark contrast to her dad who seems to only work on explicit facts and logic. I wonder if that's tied to whoever sabotaged him - he had no explicit evidence against them and no way to defend himself in the face of his burning reputation.
Just registered with me that this is similar to the distinction between Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes (the original characters) - Mycroft is supposedly even more brilliant than Sherlock, but he's far more cautious and careful about extending his deductions into the messiness of the real world. It's not a perfect analogy, of course, but it's a fun one to recognise in another detective/mystery/investigation type story . . .

Also amusing that Maomao is always saying how much smarter her old man is, and how he'd have figured things out long before she managed to stumble on the answer (and to be fair, we do see that a few times in the story) - Sherlock Holmes always said similar things about Mycroft whenever he was mentioned, even when he was busy doing his best stereotypical impression of the inhumanly perfect inference machine. At least Maomao visibly stumbles a fair bit while she's figuring things out, though part of that is probably just how much of a rush she often is (how often is she desperately trying to find an answer in time to avoid catastrophe of some sort?)

Users who are viewing this thread