Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 74.1 - The Fox Village (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
i think i'm mixing the characters together, is this the girl who was MC's friend since early on in the story or is this a new one?

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Jinshi and Dad will team up to save our Maomao. I do hope all these traitors get rounded up and executed.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
i think i'm mixing the characters together, is this the girl who was MC's friend since early on in the story or is this a new one?
Her first friend was her fellow laundry girl, the short, very effusive, though average intelligence country girl.

This girl was the one who showed up after Maomao returned to the inner court. They first met when Maomao was trying to corral the cat that the little princess wanted.

Dex-chan lover
Whoever is the ultimate mastermind behind all of this (Jinshi assassination times two, the kidnapping) might not be as smart as they think. Though considering their position, I doubt anything comes out of it ultimately, especially for the person themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Kind of crazy you can just smuggle someone out of inner palace like this. Like would the emperor even be safe from this?

This is not a spoiler because it isn't explained well in the manga and we're past the point where that explanation should have been made, but the secret tunnel is part of the inner palace. It's one of the secret escape routes the emperor could have used in the event of an emergency. Emps could plug it (literally and metaphorically) anytime he wanted. The mystery isn't why the tunnel is there but why people other than imperial agents could use it. Everyone just had a brainfart when Maomao (the cat) showed up near the tunnel and failed to recognize the significance.

Double-page supporter
I don't understand how Shi Sui can keep acting so friendly towards Mao Mao after her betrayal was clearly exposed, I know Mao Mao is a much more level headed person than I am but I'd be so pissed lmao.
Shi Sui is a weird one. A very ill-fitting spy, which is why that level of authenticity is what Mao Mao can’t really fault her for, I’d imagine. She’s the only other girl that shares her enthusiasm for things not conventional. She and her were perfectly fine with snakes.

As for Mao Mao, she got kidnapped by randos and sold off to the palace after all. So she’s very pragmatic in approach to her situations. I think she also feels less inclined to hate based on association and curiosity. She’s still quite like her father, as much as I imagine she hates it, but knowing what leverage you have and what you’re dealing with is better and more devastating to your opponent. At least the snake bit was a good little bite back, I imagine.

Dex-chan lover
Whoever is the ultimate mastermind behind all of this (Jinshi assassination times two, the kidnapping) might not be as smart as they think.
Considering that nobody got (successfully) executed for it yet, they're smart enough.

This is not a spoiler because it isn't explained well in the manga and we're past the point where that explanation should have been made, but the secret tunnel is part of the inner palace. It's one of the secret escape routes the emperor could have used in the event of an emergency.
One would think they would have stationed agents inside such an security-critical element, then. Even if it was just a guard outside that is not aware of why he is there.
Everyone just had a brainfart when Maomao (the cat) showed up near the tunnel and failed to recognize the significance.
Well... Cats are notoriously agile creatures. It might not be surprising for one of them to climb the external walls from time to time.

Supporter
There’s no way someone of that high status would have so much time to just hang out with random maids and mess around with bugs for so long everyday. Just because she’s not shown that much she’s still consistently interacts with the maids and even works at the bathhouse. Why would the fourth highest ranking consort who worked so incredibly hard to get to that position put so much effort to ago back to so much lower of a position. And this is also assuming Mao Mao wouldn’t be able to instantly see through any disguise ahe wore
If you're replying to something marked as a spoiler, whether if it is true or not, you should mark your discussion as a spoiler.

Dex-chan lover
One would think they would have stationed agents inside such an security-critical element, then. Even if it was just a guard outside that is not aware of why he is there.

Well, with Rakan in charge of the army (and guard assignments) he would've figured out what the guard was guarding. Conversely, if a guard NOT under him got posted there, he would've instantly figured out what's there. The people around emps know this. The whole point of having a secret escape route is that it's secret. They of course failed rather miserably this time.

Dex-chan lover
Well... Cats are notoriously agile creatures. It might not be surprising for one of them to climb the external walls from time to time.
Yeah, a cat really isn't that surprising. Especially when past chapters have shown maids getting up there from time to time, with bound feet.

Users who are viewing this thread